Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on November 6, 2015
When we first got this thing, I didn't anticipate giving it five stars. The package it came in was huge and HEAVY. My husband and I spent the first day just dismantling the box and everything in it so we could put it together the next day. It took a few hours to assemble, and there were some bumps along the way since it's so awkward and requires a lot of space. Once assembled, however, it's great. The fan, as others have said, is useless, but that is honestly the only negative I can think of. It's super quiet, and has everything necessary to get in some quick cardio at home. The lap measuring feature is a great motivator, it has a wide range of inclines and resistance, and the heart rate monitor it comes with is accurate as far as I can tell. If you're looking for a quiet elliptical you can use while watching TV or listening to music, this is it.
on January 25, 2013
I bought this elliptical at a local shop on sale yesterday, picked it up in a truck and assembled and used it all in the same night.

First of all, this box is crazy heavy. It's going to take 2-3 strong people to maneuver it anywhere. My plan was to disassemble the box in the first room and take the pieces into the basement where I would assemble the unit completely. All parts in the box were easy for one person to move except for the flywheel and attached legs. The bulkiness and weight make it almost impossible to remove from the box unless you break it down. I ended up calling a friend over where it took 3 of us to move the bulky piece.

From there it took 3.5 hours to assemble fully by myself. My first suggestion is to only open one "section" of nuts and bolts at a time and organize and count them using the reference chart. Doing this made me realize that one of the washers had accidentally slipped into another section and saved me a ton of time trying to locate it. Also, the screwdriver and wrenches included were decent but if you have access to a nice set of socket wrenches, it is going to save you a lot of time cranking down on some of the heavier bolts and also allow you to get better torque on the critical areas of the device which can lead to noises if not tightened properly. The build construction of the pieces seemed to be very good. Everything fit perfectly and the build went without problem.

Before you put all the plastic trim pieces on (which cover a lot of the bolted joints) test drive the elliptical for a while. If you hear any knocks, go back to the areas where the arms are bolted together and torque them down more. This eliminated a small knock for me. You may hear a squeak in the back area but that means you need to apply some of the supplied lube to the metal rails where the rubber wheels roll along. After doing this, the machine was near silent.

I am 6'1" and the ceiling in my basement is shy of 7.5' (~90"). I would say at my height and ceiling height this is the absolute minimum you want. My head nearly touches my rafters of my unfinished ceiling while standing on it on the lowest incline. I had to move the machine parallel to the rafters so that my head would be positioned between them. It's a little tight but doable. You are going to ideally want an 8 foot (finished) ceiling if you are pushing 6'.

No complaints at all with the operation of the elliptical. I did a 20 minute session on lowest resistance and experience no discomfort in the knees or ankles. Holding onto the upper arms while riding seems to cause you to lean a little too far forward so I tend to grip a little lower.

There is a nice little ledge built into the display which is perfect for fitting an iPad and built in speakers that can be utilized.

I will update this review in the future as it gets more use.
33 comments| 226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 5, 2014
Picked up the very heavy box at the freight house because that was more convenient than waiting for a delivery. When I got it home my medium duty hand cart collapsed under the weight and I ended up carrying the parts down to my walk out basement- my first Sole workout!
I laid out the parts, fasteners, and reviewed the assembly instructions and within 3 casual hours had the unit assembled. If you have standard ratcheting metric tools other than those tools provided by Sole that will speed up assembly time. Installing all those pesky plastic covers takes longer than assembling the machine!
After assembly I started using the machine and found it to be a very quiet and smooth machine- you can indeed watch TV at normal volume using this elliptical. The only downside items I found were as mentioned in other posts, the display is ancient technology, user programming is slower than I liked- how about a touchscreen upgrade Sole? Takes up a lot of real estate. Would definitely purchase again.
on July 13, 2015
I gave this product 5 stars simply for the quality and heavy material this machine is constructed from. The bolt holes line up perfectly and everything fits just right. It will take a solid three hours to assemble. I have only two gripes about it. Some of the machine screws would not thread in. Secondly the owners manual has an exploded view for assembly that nearly takes a microscope to see. I sub'd some self tappers in the bad holes and got some 3 dollar "cheaters" for the book and all is well. The reviews said that it's well made and they were right.
on January 15, 2014
Things started out badly for this order, had considerable trouble with the shipper, wouldn't or couldn't deliver the box. Got all kinds of excuses and the item was 3 days late getting here. If not or Amazon customer service it would still be at the shippers and them trying to figure out how to get it here. So my expectations were not high for the next step.

Got it into the house and the box into the room where it was going to be set up. Thankfully it was all on the smae floor as this is a BIG and HEAVY box. But everything was there and I laid it out so I could see all the parts, thanks to the many other reviews for that tip. Got out my tool box and used my tools, much better, although the tools supplied would have been OK, again thanks to the other reviews. Took a couple of hours to put it together, the directions could be a little better but it is intuitive on how it goes together.

Started right up when I was ready to go, directions on how to use it are a little sparse but again using a piece of fitness equipment in not rocket science. The thing is quiet and has stayed quiet, I find that if I puse myself it is me making the noise and not the machine, got 10 hours on it now and it is a dream and for a household where fitness equipment gets used about a week before being relegated to the garage it fills the bill.

Thrilled with all the programs and variations, the other reviews said this was a selling point and they were right. My wife who does not like machines uses this as a alternative to jogging and is happy with it also. All in all so far a great piece of equipment and I see it being used for a long while to come!
on November 6, 2013
I got this machine (2014 E35) 5 days ago and I have logged about 5 hours on it so far. Other than a little squeak that has just started, I am so so so pleased with it. The thing is SOLID and it's so quiet I can use it in the same room as someone else watching TV without cranking the volume. We had our doubts, but this thing is really well-built. I did a few years of research and tested out a bunch of different machines before I took the plunge and I am really glad I did. It's more expensive than some of the other brands but the quality is so far above that it's worth it. I am 34 and began running about 6 months ago to get in shape; since that becomes a little more challenging in winter months in the northern states, I wanted to eventually switch to an elliptical. I can not believe how low-impact it is. My muscles are getting a workout but it just doesn't feel quite as agonizing as the running and the impact is low so my limps and aches are gone.

Word to the wise: Save yourself some money and put it together yourself. It will give you an understanding of how it goes together in case you need to tighten or lube anything later and it's easier to do it yourself than to call a repair person or having to live with an annoying knock or a squeak. Truly, it isn't rocket science. I am a female with an average understanding of tools and, despite having to google the order that one puts on washers, bolts, and nuts, I got it done in a little under 4 hours.

Also: this sucker is bulky. It's a beast to move the box. Because of that solid build, moving the flywheel while putting it together is also a beast. I had help getting the box into the room I wanted it. I unboxed it approximately where I wanted it to go and after unpacking, I left the flywheel on its styrofoam pedestal to keep it vertical until I needed it. Because of this, I was able to put it together with no help.

Another note: I have my own toolbox with socket wrenches and these were really handy. You could do it with the wrenches they provide but it would take longer.

12/20/13 update (Owned since 11/1/13): Still awesome. I've lost count of how many hours I've put on it now but I'm still absolutely pleased. I cue up something on Netflix and the workout's done in no time. The occasional squeak from the tracks is easily remedied by wiping it off and applying a little of the provided lube. I still can't get over how quiet it is.
11 comment| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 19, 2013
When a product talks well about itself and then it does exactly as it says then that deserves 5 stars. We have used this "moderately" and each time I am pleased with the performance. The movements are smooth, the settings work as they should, and everything is solid.

The one thing I am most please about is how quiet it is! We have this setup behind our couch so we can watch tv if we choose and I only have to turn it up a bit extra (I am further away) to hear the sound as I would like.

Putting it together was my problem I had. There are a few (two of them) screws on a few covers (not important for functionality) that I could not get to line up. If I had one of those screwdrivers that held the screw to the tip that would have solved my problem but I didn't have that so I struggled and eventually gave up. Even then the covers are solid with the other screws I was able to get to go where they were supposed to go.

Overall I am very happy. Time will tell if this holds up but so far things are where they should be.
on April 8, 2015
It is heavy as heck, I moved in in various pieces into the bedroom we have it setup and it was a workout in and of itself. The machine has worked out very well, my wife uses it about every day and I use it several times a week. It runs smoothly and quietly just like one at the gym. It is very well constructed.
Assembling was a task but not impossible, I did 95% of it by myself. Recommend assembling in the middle of the room then putting it into place. I made the mistake of assembling it where I wanted it but that made it difficult to get to the other side where the wall was at.
Be careful with the first use or two before going nuts with the incline, it will throw it into error mode. But turn the power off, boot it back up and it is good to go.
on April 29, 2016
Great Product. This thing is legit! Was totally impressed with the quality. When put together it's big! Not your flimsy department store model that falls apart after a month. Great motion, built in fan - the list goes on. I recommend getting the installation / setup service. This thing is complicated, and I am a techy kind of person. When I saw the size of the box I was immediately happy I chose to have someone ELSE put this together!
on March 11, 2016
Have had it a month, very happy with the machine. It works great, no squeaks, just remember to clean and lubricate the roller tracks every 2 weeks. I have it in my garage gym so I get more dust than I would inside the house. Only took me 3 hours to complete the assembly too.

Already feeling better physically, using it 3x per weeks and enjoy it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.