Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Sole Fitness S77 Non-Folding Treadmill
Price:$2,699.99+ $290.00 shipping

on February 2, 2014
We bought this treadmill this winter and have over 150 miles of running on it so far. It is a very sturdy design and we are really happy with the treadmill and the well designed display. My wife and I both use it for our workouts, sometimes for as long as 7 miles or more.

Good:
- Well made, sturdy design
- Very attractive blue-lit display with all the information we need and no cycling through metrics
- An audio jack for using the built-in speakers, which work well, but also a separate head phone jack so that if you catch your arm on the head phone wire it pulls the plug out of the jack instead of pulling your phone or mp3 player onto the ground.
- A decent selection of programs to choose from, including heart rate and user-programmable programs
- Saves your user programs even when unplugged from the wall
- A recommended buy by Consumer Reports

Could be better:
- The dual fans could be more powerful. We don't even use them, but we also have a ceiling fan overhead.
- Cannot override the incline on some programs. The programs ask for your top speed, but not top incline. You may be able to increase that incline, but sometimes you cannot decrease it.
- We didn't like the lower level of cup holders that came with it, but it is easy to just leave them off without looking strange.

We initially planned to put the treadmill in our basement, but were soon dissuaded from that by the sheer size and weight of the machine! It actually turned out for the best though because having it on the main floor where there is a nice window with natural light and a ceiling fan over head is not only nice, it takes a little less will power to use it as opposed to having to go down into the basement.
on November 2, 2014
This is an amendment to my initial rating. At first, I was highly disappointed with the treadmill and gave it a 1-star. The numerous service calls and the fact that the unit automatically shut off when running at high speeds was a huge problem. To their credit, Sole fitness covered the service calls promptly, but the problems remained. After five or more service calls, which included a belt replacement, the company replaced the entire unit. We have had ZERO problems with the replacement, which suggest that we simply had a bad unit. I was delighted that the company stood by their product. For the money, it's a good choice in a treadmill and it handles heavy use (I run between 3-12 miles on most days of the week in the winter). Also, this may not be a problem for some, but the NUMERICAL distance meter only records your mileage in .10-mile increments. So, you will need to use the VISUAL lap-meter on the display if you're interested in knowing your time for a 400. What I mean is that there is an actual 400-meter lap (i.e. a 1/4-mile track) on the display, which shows your progress as you run around it. Lastly, I find that my outdoor running pace is faster than what I accomplish on the treadmill. In all honesty, I have found this to be true for most treadmills, so I don't know if that's a BAD thing. Overall, this was a good purchase that I can live with.
44 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 4, 2016
The treadmill arrived in a crushed/damaged box. As soon as the freight company delivery guys got out of the truck, one of them said, "You can refuse delivery if you want...the box is very damaged." He said he had looked into the box (through one of the many large holes) and that the treadmill parts looked okay. I told him that I would take delivery. The box is very heavy so I opened the box in the garage and carefully inspected the smaller parts. They looked fine and undamaged. The base of the treadmill is the heaviest part and required quite the effort getting it down into the basement. We left the base in the box protected by the styrofoam packing for the careful journey to the basement.

While the accessory arm supports and computer console were undamaged there was some cosmetic damage to the treadmill base. The right plastic end cap at the back of the treadmill was completely shattered. That damage and the state of the box made led me to believe the box had been dropped or at a minimum, severely mishandled. I called sole customer service and asked if I should return the treadmill before assembling. The customer service agent said the only way I would know if it was damaged was to put it together. He also said that the plastic end cap was cosmetic, that he would send me a replacement part, and registered the purchase for warranty over the phone.

So I put the machine together (the instructions are somewhat lacking) and tested it with the built in calibration program, which passed. I was worried about the knocking sound from the treadmill (read the card that comes with the treadmill!) and called back Sole customer service. I got the same customer service guy and he assured me the knocking would go away. He suggested I run the treadmill on top speed for about an hour to ease the knocking. I did run it for an hour and the knocking did ease. Tested out all of the features....fan, incline, speeds, console screen, heart rate monitor (grips and chest strap), music and headphone jacks and everything worked fine. Hopefully the damage to the box and machine truly are cosmetic...it seems to be okay. It is much quieter today than the first day I used it.

I do like the layout of the treadmill....it seems solid; especially since it seemed to have an extremely rough trip getting to me and still works fine. Sole customer service was helpful and friendly. We'll see when and if I get my replacement end cap.
review image review image
on October 17, 2014
Great treadmill and though the dust pan and wheel was broken on arrival, Sole customer service was awesome and quickly sent out replacement parts. A prior reviewer mentioned a problem with the lower drink holder, but this unit has two drink/stuff holders up on the console and then additional space below the console for other items. Great operating treadmill
on October 21, 2016
This is an excellent treadmill. But what is also great is the customer service. I had a small issue with my treadmill suddenly making an unexplainable noise; I talked to Daniel in the customer service department (x637!) and he couldn't have been more helpful. He arranged for someone to come fix the machine promptly and gave me very helpful maintenance tips.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 8, 2015
As a runner who spends 5 days a week on the treadmill during the Winter months, this unit fully meets my expectations. Very solid, very stable, and very reliable. The deck is quiet, has a good amount of cushion, and the electronics features do everything I need them to do.
on May 9, 2014
The Sole S77 meets all of my expectations. I have been slack in my exercises in the last few years. I have met the challenge, and I am winning. A booklet which would explain the fine points of the machine would have been helpful. LEF
on January 11, 2015
The treadmill arrived with minor cosmetic damage but customer service was good about replacing the very inexpensive plastic pan/protector under the motor. They originally were going to send a tech out but we replaced it ourselves. However, an adapter for the screen plug was cracked but a piece of electrical tape held it together. Shipping something this big and this heavy is always a problem, and it varies by local delivery company, but all things considered I'm happy with this treadmill. The thumping sound from the belt conforming to the shape of the rollers went away at about 10 miles (they warn you about this). Heavy, sturdy, but not so heavy that it can't be tipped a little on it's side in case you need to get under it for repair. Not as sturdy as my Trimline (out of production) of 7 years ago, but a good purchase. We've put 75 miles on it so far in a month, we'll see how it does over the year.
on February 22, 2015
Just got it, but so far so good! I really wanted a heavy, solid treadmill and this is it! I did a fair amount of research and this seemed the best for the money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 5, 2014
I am so happy with this treadmill. It is built like a tank! I was worried about ordering it from Amazon because I read some reviews of various problems with shipping, but I had a great experience. The shipment arrived on time, and the delivery guys were happy to bring it into my basement for me (which the are not obligated to do). I suspect they get a lot more money that way in the form of tips. And I'm really glad, because the box was HUGE and weighed ~300 lbs.

Assembly was pretty straight forward. As I was putting it together, I was in awe of the quality of everything. I also have a NordicTrack treadmill (which this one is replacing), and it is a piece of junk. I will never buy NordicTrack again. Their customer service is non-existent, and they cut corners all over the place.

Admittedly, I have not had the Sole S77 for long, so I will update my review accordingly. But so far, it has worked perfectly. The speakers are a little wimpy with no bass, and the fan is relatively weak (but nice and quiet). The console is not a big tablet or anything, but it is still very pleasant to look at.

Now to train for that marathon in the spring.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.