Top positive review
17 people found this helpful
Great for running
on February 2, 2014
We bought this treadmill this winter and have over 150 miles of running on it so far. It is a very sturdy design and we are really happy with the treadmill and the well designed display. My wife and I both use it for our workouts, sometimes for as long as 7 miles or more.
- Well made, sturdy design
- Very attractive blue-lit display with all the information we need and no cycling through metrics
- An audio jack for using the built-in speakers, which work well, but also a separate head phone jack so that if you catch your arm on the head phone wire it pulls the plug out of the jack instead of pulling your phone or mp3 player onto the ground.
- A decent selection of programs to choose from, including heart rate and user-programmable programs
- Saves your user programs even when unplugged from the wall
- A recommended buy by Consumer Reports
Could be better:
- The dual fans could be more powerful. We don't even use them, but we also have a ceiling fan overhead.
- Cannot override the incline on some programs. The programs ask for your top speed, but not top incline. You may be able to increase that incline, but sometimes you cannot decrease it.
- We didn't like the lower level of cup holders that came with it, but it is easy to just leave them off without looking strange.
We initially planned to put the treadmill in our basement, but were soon dissuaded from that by the sheer size and weight of the machine! It actually turned out for the best though because having it on the main floor where there is a nice window with natural light and a ceiling fan over head is not only nice, it takes a little less will power to use it as opposed to having to go down into the basement.