Soleus Air® 7000 BTU Portable Evaporative Air Conditioner
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact yet powerful, our 7,000 BTU evaporative air conditioner efficiently and quietly cools and dehumidifies to make your environment more comfortable. Evaporative technology allows the unit to recycle the collected moisture so there is no water bucket to empty. A built-in 24 hour timer remembers your settings and will restart the unit even if power is interrupted.
- Programmable 24-hour Auto On/Off Timer. Adjustable Thermostat. Easy-To-Read Multi-Color Display. Programmable Remote Control. 3 Speed Fan with Oscillation & Auto Restart. Loss of Power Protection. Auto Mode Chooses the Comfort Settings for you.
- [Specifications:] * Cooling Capacity: 7,000 BTU/Hr * Dehumidifying Capacity: 50 pts/day * Power Consumption: 910W (Cooling) * Air Flow Volume: 285CFM * Power Source: 115 V / 60 HZ * Rated Current: 8.4 A (Cooling) * Sound Pressure Level: <40 db(A) * Weight: 62.8 lbs * Dimensions: 12.98" (W) x 22.17" (D) x 27.78" (H) * Refrigerant: R22
- Warranty: Limited 1 year and 5 years on the compressor.
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
* Evaporative air cooling system * The most powerful air flow: 700 m3/h * Three selections of wind speed and mode * Unique magnetized remote control included * Water sprinkling cyclic system * 7.5 hours time design * Adjustable air vents * Power: 160W * Weight: 30.86lbs * Dimension: 17.7 x 15 x 35 inch * One-year warranty for all parts and labor
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The unit cools well. It is small and easy to move.
The dehumidifier is fairly noisy and it runs when the unit is in dehumidifier mode or in air conditioner mode. The compressor (which only runs in air conditioning mode) is very quiet as is the fan. I would not use this unit in a bedroom.
Installing the exhaust hose was a bit difficult as the hose did not have any end coverings and was a tight fit into the widow and air conditioner connectors.
The window slider kit is easy to install but the height is too small. The slider is only a little bit bigger that the opening for the window exhaust adapter. With the adapter in the slider does not sit on the bottom of the window frame. In my window there is a half-inch gap between the bottom of the slider and the bottom of the window frame that has to be filled in.
BTW, the instructions for removing the unit from the packaging material and box require you to destroy both so there isn't any way to repack the unit if you need to ship it back.
1. If it's over 90 degrees outside, it will not cool off a medium room fast enough.
2. Window kit required modification.
3. In humid climates, water does not evaporate fast enough. It drips into a very small reservoir which fills up every single hour. The spout at the bottom in the back is hard to reach and drain if unit is resting on the ground. The included drip pan is a joke. This thing leaks uncontrollably, causing a bad odor in your carpet. I had to elevate my unit off the ground so it will drip into a large bucket. You will be waking up every hour due to the reservoir filling up and the compressor stopping, and room temperature rising causing discomfort.
I tried to return the product but was just past the 30 day return policy. I will not buy another Soleus product again. If you need something other than a spot cooler, you may want to consider something above 7,000 BTU (you can find higher BTU coolers for close to the same price on Amazon).
The company that sold us the unit will not take it back because there's a fifteen day return policy. It's an air conditioner and we didn't need to use it before the last heat wave, so the fifteen days went by without our needing to use the unit.
They said they will repair it, but we have to drive it to a place an hour and a half away just to drop it off. And then pick it up.