Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 109 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 130 reviews
on October 2, 2012
I have longish, thick hair that hates humidity. I live in California so as a solution (and lazyness) I wore my hair up with a band all summer. It destroyed the hair follicle and became a fuzzy mess. I went to my hair stylest and asked what to do. She said the only solution was to cut it off but when she styled it, it behaved. So she tried selling me a $345 hair dryer calling it "an investment." Even if I had the money, I think spending that amount of money on a blow dryer is ridiculous. So I went to amazon. Read all the reviews, which is always tricky, but took a chance on this guy. Never been happier with a "blind" purchase. Granted, I had the best blow dryer target can buy (prolly $40), but the difference is amazing. The diffuser smoothes my fuzzies, my hair is silky, and stays that way throughout the day, even with humidity/coastal weather. Don't want to say I never write reviews because everyone says that but felt it would be a disservice if I didn't. This review would have helped me while I was researching so there you go!
on December 8, 2015
I usually spend about 10 bucks for a hair dryer, so why did I spend 75 for this? My wife had one of these and one day I used hers. Enough said. The hair on the top of my head is pretty much gone, but I am loaded with body hair. This thing has a forcefull but soft jet of nice warm air and gets the job done fast. One great feature is the screen that gets all the lint trapped in it comes off for easy cleaning. I will never buy a 10 dollar dryer again. As for the longevity of it, my wife has had hers for at least three years with no issues.
on January 29, 2016
This dryer is hands down the best that I have ever worked with. I have been in the industry for the past 23 years and this one has by far impressed the heck out of me. The flyaways are minimal and little to no static. It leaves the hair completely dry and super shinned. It is kinda loud on the highest blow setting but so worth the results. Cuts down on dry time by 50%.
on December 18, 2013
Overall:
I absolutely love this hair dryer! I have had it for about 4 months now and have had no problems (I just make sure to clean out the back lint cover every once in a while and refrain from dropping it).

Cuts down drying time and frizz:
It cut my drying time literally in half, which is great for me since I have medium length to long, thick, curly hair which used to take me about 45 mintues to blow dry (with a round brush to take out most of the frizz) and another 30 minutes with a straightener. I haven't used my straightener except 2 times since I started using this hairdryer and that was because I just flipped it over and blew it dry too quickly so it was still pretty frizzy. The Solia cuts down on frizz and my hair is much smoother when I am finished as apposed to using my previous hairdryers (I have used mostly $30-$50 hair dryers from Sally's Beauty Supply, Ulta, or BedBathandBeyond previously).

Recommended for thick and/or curly hair of any length:
I would recommend this to anyone with thick hair, however if you have thin hair you may loose out on getting enough volume unless using some product in your hair. Also on it's fastest fan speed setting it might tangle your hair if it is easily tangled and thin, but you probably don't need such a high wattage hair dryer as this one anyway. However, my sister does have thin, striaight hair and when she borrowed my Solia she didn't have any problems.

Weight and Button Placement:
Some people have complained about the weight, but it doesn't seem heavier than any other hairdryer I have had and it is lighter or the same as some of the others similar to this model; specifally the Sedu 6000i, which weighs exactly the same (1.4 lbs) if you read the specs for Solia and the Sedu. Also I think another review talked about the cold shot bottom always getting pressed while using the hair dryer. I will say that I have hit it by accident one or two times but I wouldn't say it was a problem.

Fan Speed and Heat Settings:
I would agree with others and say that the hottest setting doesn't seem hot enough compared to some of my other hairdryers but since heat damanges hair and my hair drying time has been cut in half, the heat doesn't matter as much. I usually dry my hair on the medium fan speed and highest heat setting. If I want to get the majority of it dry before styling then I flip my head over and blow dry on the highest fan speed and high or medium heat setting for about 10 minutes then turn down the fan to style.
on March 11, 2017
Fastest and quietest drier I've ever used. My friends used it on our vacation and none of us will ever go back to drug-store garbage driers again.
on October 15, 2014
I had a CHI blowdryer that I adored, but I dropped and destroyed it. So many people recommended the Solia as a good replacement. The dryer definitely has some power, but maybe too much power. My hair would get tangled constantly while I was drying, a problem I've never ha with a blow dryer before. Also, compared to the CHI, the heat just wasn't there. It was similar to using a hand dryer in a bathroom. All air, no heat, hair wasn't smooth or controlled. I'm returning and am giving a BaByliss a go. For the money, I'd go with another option.
on December 12, 2015
I have a solia tourmaline flat iron... bought it around 6 years ago and its still working as the first day so I decided to go for a hair dryer of the same brand and so far so good, but only time will tell. The hair dryer comes with two different nozzles and its blue on the outside. Only downside to it, is that is kinda noisy in comparison with the turbo I had before.
on January 22, 2016
I bought this hair dryer because of the reviews stating that it gets really hot; in fact, so hot that the handle gets hot. I need that because I have curly hair that I straighten and it's very hard to find that in a hair dryer. I didn't find that to be true. It does have tremendous blowing force but the temp isn't that much hotter, if any, than cheaper brands. If I had kept the box, I would have sent it back.
on December 26, 2014
This hair dryer has change my life. Buy it immediately! My friend and I both used it for the first time when staying with a friend, and we both immediately bought it on Amazon that morning. It has changed the texture of my hair permanently to be soft, silky and frizz free. I used to hate blowdrying my hair but now it's actually kind of enjoyable. I can't believe how long I was living with a crappy hair dryer! I even bought one for my mom for christmas. You will not regret this purchase!
on January 29, 2016
Bought this to replace my old 10 year old blow dryer. It makes my unruly hair actually kind of pretty. Plus I can make it cool to blow dry my dog after his baths. This technology nowadays, I tell ya...what will they think of next?

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.