- Product Dimensions: 16 x 18 x 57 inches ; 55.1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 61 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B002EEOO9S
- Item model number: GFID-225
- Customer Reviews: 145 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #155,422 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
3 Year Sporting Goods Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Plan begins on date of purchase and covers mechanical/electrical breakdowns not covered by the manufacturer.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7.
- If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Body Solid GFID225 Folding Adjustable Weight Bench
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Comes Fully Assembled
- Seven adjustment positions
- In-Home Lifetime Warranty covers everything forever
- Commercial Rated
- Heavy Duty 2 x 3" oval tubing
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Body-Solid GFID225 Heavy Duty Adjustable Weight Bench
The Body-Solid GDFID225 Weight Bench features 7 easy and secure ladder style adjustment positions for flat, decline, and incline workouts. Commercial grade 2" x 3" steel construction ensures durability and support for the heaviest of workouts. Built-in wheels make transport quick and easy, and a pull-pin allows the bench to completely fold up for storage and easy carry. Finally, the bench comes completely assembled in the box, no assembly needed!
- No assembly required
- 7-position back pad for flat, incline, and decline
- Folds flat for storage
- Transport wheels
- In-use dimensions: 18" H x 57" L x 16" W
- Folded Dimensions: 9" H x 57" L x 16" W
- In-Home Lifetime Warranty
- Light Commercial Warranty
7 Ladder Style Adjustble Positions
The Body-Solid GDFID225 Weight Bench features 7 easy and secure ladder style adjustment positions for flat, decline, and incline workouts
Heavy Duty Steel
Commercial grade 2" x 3" steel construction ensures durability and support for the heaviest of workouts
Stores Flat Almost Anywhere
Built-in wheels make transport quick and easy, and a pull-pin allows the bench to completely fold up for storage and easy carry
No Assembly Needed
Just remove it from one box and the bench is ready to go.
|Capacity||300 lbs.||500 lbs.||500 lbs.||600 lbs.||800 lbs.||600 lbs.|
|Pad Thickness||1.75"||2"||1.5"||2.5" DuraFirm||2.75" DuraFirm||2.5" DuraFirm|
|Dimensions in Flat Position||55" Long, 18" Wide, 17" High||57" Long, 16" Wide, 18" High||50" Long, 26" Wide, 21" High||54" Long, 27" Wide, 22" High||55" Long, 18" Wide, 17" High||66" Long, 28" Wide, 19" High|
|Leg Hold Down||NA||NA||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Capacity||600 lbs.||1,000 lbs.||800 lbs.||1,000 lbs||1,000 lbs||600 lbs.|
|Pad Thickness||2.5" DuraFirm||2.5" DuraFirm||2.5" DuraFirm||2.75" DuraFirm||2.75" DuraFirm||2.75" DuraFirm|
|Seat Positions||1||1||4||3||Syncs to Backpad||Syncs to Backpad|
|Dimensions in Flat Position||61" Long, 18" Wide, 19" High||50" Long, 23" Wide, 19" High||50" Long, 21" Wide, 18" High||58" Long, 26" Wide, 18" High||67" Long, 26" Wide, 18" High||70" Long, 28" Wide, 23" High|
|Leg Hold Down||NA||NA||NA||NA||✓||✓|
The Body-Solid Gdfid225 multi-bench is the perfect training partner - functional, compact, portable and durable. It requires no Assembly and is designed to be used straight out of the box. Features include seven adjustment positions for flexibility and comfort. The 2" x 3" oval tubing ensures durability and support for the heaviest of workouts. Built-in wheels make transport quick and easy and it folds flat for storage under a bed or on end in a closet. In-home lifetime warranty.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
145 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Incline, decline and lay flat
- Solid and well built
- Wheels for easy maneuvering
- Solid padding with nice cover
- Collapsible to save space
- It came fully assembled!
- The only real con I have so far is that the bottom seat pad is stationary, i.e. it does not tilt up when doing incline presses. Therefore, as other reviewers have mentioned, there is a space created between your lower back and the pad. I guess it can be addressed by putting a towel or something at the small of your back during incline work. Not a deal-breaker for me because of all the other great features, but this is why I rated it 4 out of 5 stars.
Overall, a very good bench at a decent price for what my needs are.
It arrived fully assembled, always a big plus. If I have a complaint about out of the box experience was the plastic bag protection on the seat padding. Both seat sections are attached with the plastic already on. That means you have to either undo screws to slip of plastic cover, or just rip it off and not obsess over a tad bit of plastic remaining underneath the cushions. Not such a bad thing as the plastic protection is guaranteed not to come off in shipping.
The item is pricey, but so far I think the price is not horrible compared to other offerings I tried. This item, or at least the one I received, is far more rock solid and sturdy than what my 220 frame plus about a hundred and fifty pounds of dumb bell weights need. It's easy to adjust the back rest angle. The back support bar is robust with little to no lateral sway, and is as easy as it gets to adjust. There is no movement/sag/sway/rattle of any parts that aren't supposed to move at any seat angle and with maximum weight I use (and probably much more, I ain't tryin' to get all swole at 55).
One of my requirements for a bench was that it be light and portable enough to easily put away in my home office closet (home office doubles as exercise area). It is super simple to "collapse" for storage, if you can really call it that. All you do is pull a handle to fold the front legs under, and it's ready for storage. This thing is not exactly light, but the wheels all but negate that issue. It doesn't fold in half like some benches do, but I've learned that's a good thing. That means it is rather tall when stored upright, but that's not a problem for me in the closet where I will be storing it when not in use. Although it doesn't fold in half for storage, it folds flat, which I find preferable.
I took a star off because the seat is fixed (would be better with an angle or two adjustment stops) and because the gap between seat and back land right where your butt is gonna go for most of the exercises you'll do on this thing. Having said that, In my experience that seat/back gap is the standard trade-off/compromise for all the other adjustable FID benches I've previously owned (maybe three in total over my life). The gap is not terribly uncomfortable, certainly not painful, but it's something to be aware of that you'll have to grow accustomed to.
Or, you just tuck a rolled up towel in the gap.
I've only just unboxed this thing and used it in a brief trial work out or two, but in that brief experience I'm pleased with this unit. Body Solid has a lesser priced version (by about half) that looks to be lighter weight and probably perfect for ladies or dudes leaner than I, but I believe the extra solidity of this unit is worth the price. I think the wheels are preferable for moving around than would be the lighter weight version sans wheels. Time will tell if it's durable in the long run, but so far I can't see any weak points I can readily identify as future problem areas after prolonged, regular use. I guess the only point of future failure I can see would be the seat cushions and stitching as the weakest point on any work out bench by default, but at present I see no QC or construction issues with the seat-back framing, padding, stitching, vinyl material that leads me to believe premature failure of these areas due to regular use will be a concern, but that's one of those things only time will tell.
So far, and it's very, very early, I'm very satisfied with this purchase.
Let me say that I am impressed with the build quality. Solid welded construction, pad material seems thick and well stitched. It was packed with a fair amount of styrofoam and a everything was protected by cellophane, so I couldn't find a scratch or dent anywhere. And I looked.
The material is like a leathery rubbery material, a little different but nice because it has a kind of tacky texture so I don't slide around. Not sure how it will hold up long-term, but it does seems nice and thick, previous reviewers experienced excellent warranty response in the event it eventually tears.
The bench came fully assembled, but it took a few minutes to tear off all the cellophane. It unfolds and folds easily, probably doable with one hand.
Let me address the five major concerns people have:
1. Gap between the seat and backrest- I don't see any way you could build a folding AND adjustable bench without the gap. I haven't found a bench that doesn't have this issue, and so far it hasn't bothered me.
2. Zipper rubbing leg- That must be an older model, because there is no zipper on the seat or anywhere else for that matter. The end of the seat is completely smooth.
3. Defects- mine appears to be defect free.
4. Flat seat- I was looking at another bench that had a tilted up seat. The problem with that bench was the seat could not go flat, so when attempting to do any flat lifts, you would only have the length of the backrest to use, and tall people would have their head hanging off the end. My head was almost hanging off the other bench. I figure when you want a folding, adjustable bench you can't have everything, and this worked best for me. I feel that the tackiness of the material and the ability to put my feet up on the pegs made it perfectly comfortable to do incline work.
5. Foot pegs not padded- the foot pegs are wrapped in thin rubber. It would be nice if it was a little thicker, but I prefer it to the giants pads that always roll around and make it hard to hook your feet.
Great situp bench also. Thought a little pricey until I got it and used it. This thing is made for guns to handle big guys and abuse. To use for home likely last forever.