- Save 5% each on Qualifying items offered by Prime 21 when you purchase 2 or more. Enter code 4GQPC7BH at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Solid Tactical 30 Cal Metal American Made Ammo Can - Military & Army M2A1 Steel Waterproof Ammunition Box for Long Term Storage
|Sale:||$24.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$11.00 (31%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- AIR and WATER TIGHT – Each can is individually tested for air & water tightness, making sure your valuables stay clean and dry. These ammo cans will give you peace of mind, knowing that your goods are encased in top-quality protection.
- NEW & UNUSED – You will receive one new and unused ammo can with each purchase. Please note: all military ammo cans, even new ones, will have some minor imperfections such as scratches or uneven painting.
- MADE IN THE USA – Support your country with every purchase! Our .30 cal ammo can is manufactured and assembled on American soil. Buy from home and support small businesses in the United States.
- STEEL CONSTRUCTION – Made with the highest quality metals, these ammo cans are perfect for long-term storage. Built for toughness and endurance, the premium construction of these steel containers means that your belongings stay safe.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – No reason to hesitate! Our money-back promise means you can try our .50 Cal Ammo Can today RISK-FREE. With every purchase, you will receive top-rated customer service and support to make sure you have a 5-star experience.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Regulation size steel construction (empty), measures 10-7/8" x 7" x 3-3/4". Brand new ammo can manufactured in the USA by an ISO 9002 military supplier.
Top customer reviews
These ammo cans arrived exactly as advertised, and I have been so happy that I doubled my order and got more. Here's what I like:
- The seals are in great condition
- The boxes are freshly painted and have little to no imperfections
- The latch mechanism feels very sturdy and provides a solid closure
- The handle is robust and stands up to lifting VERY heavily packed ammo cans (more on this below)
- The cans are easily stackable and stand up to a lot of overhead weight
I bought the 30 cal ammo cans instead of the 50 because I wanted to keep my ammo in more manageable portions without having the cans getting too heavy, and because I can stack these two deep and two across in my Stack On gun cabinet and they take up exactly half of the space, with enough left over for 4 rifles.
The main thing I wanted to know before I bought these was how much ammo they would hold. With loose packed ammo, my experience is roughly as follows:
- A little over 500 rounds of .223 / 5.56
- About 1000 rounds of pistol ammo, a little more for 9 mm and .40, a little less for .45
- About 100 of 12 gauge 2 3/4 inch shotgun shells
- I didn't have enough 22 to fill up one can but I would estimate it is over 3000 rounds
An ammo can full of pistol rounds weighs about 30 pounds and is by far the heaviest of all the fully packed cans. Generally I keep these in the bottom of the stack - not because I think the cans won't stand up to the weight, but just so I don't have to lift them up and down.
PROTIP: for long-term ammo storage, take your ammo out of the cardboard boxes, which can retain moisture, and throw a desiccant in with the ammo. The ammo cans are airtight and the desiccant will eat up the moisture inside. I use the 40 gram Dry Packs, which have an indicator showing when they've absorbed all the moisture they can -- you then bake them for a few hours to restore them to working condition.
I have attached a couple of photos. One shows the can full to the top with 360 rounds of .308 Winchester 150 grain soft points. The other shows the stack of empty boxes next to the full can.