Solid Tactical Military Surplus .30 Caliber Ammo Can (Empty)
|Sale:||$24.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$25.00 (50%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Brand new ammo can manufactured in the USA by an ISO 9002 military supplier
- Includes (1) .30 cal empty can with 10 x 3.5 x 6.5 inches of airtight, watertight storage space for storing ammunition + tools + valuables
- Note that even new ammo boxes will have some scratches from transport; but no rust, bending, or dents like the used ammo cans that cost just as much.
- Each can is individually tested for air and water tightness
- no worn out seals like with used cans.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Regulation size steel construction (empty), measures 10-7/8" x 7" x 3-3/4". Brand new ammo can manufactured in the USA by an ISO 9002 military supplier.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
These ammo cans arrived exactly as advertised, and I have been so happy that I doubled my order and got more. Here's what I like:
- The seals are in great condition
- The boxes are freshly painted and have little to no imperfections
- The latch mechanism feels very sturdy and provides a solid closure
- The handle is robust and stands up to lifting VERY heavily packed ammo cans (more on this below)
- The cans are easily stackable and stand up to a lot of overhead weight
I bought the 30 cal ammo cans instead of the 50 because I wanted to keep my ammo in more manageable portions without having the cans getting too heavy, and because I can stack these two deep and two across in my Stack On gun cabinet and they take up exactly half of the space, with enough left over for 4 rifles.
The main thing I wanted to know before I bought these was how much ammo they would hold. With loose packed ammo, my experience is roughly as follows:
- A little over 500 rounds of .223 / 5.56
- About 1000 rounds of pistol ammo, a little more for 9 mm and .40, a little less for .45
- About 100 of 12 gauge 2 3/4 inch shotgun shells
- I didn't have enough 22 to fill up one can but I would estimate it is over 3000 rounds
An ammo can full of pistol rounds weighs about 30 pounds and is by far the heaviest of all the fully packed cans. Generally I keep these in the bottom of the stack - not because I think the cans won't stand up to the weight, but just so I don't have to lift them up and down.
PROTIP: for long-term ammo storage, take your ammo out of the cardboard boxes, which can retain moisture, and throw a desiccant in with the ammo. The ammo cans are airtight and the desiccant will eat up the moisture inside. I use the 40 gram Dry Packs, which have an indicator showing when they've absorbed all the moisture they can -- you then bake them for a few hours to restore them to working condition.
It essentially holds 400 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo packed in it's little 20 round boxes. In other words you can fit EXACTLY 20 boxes of 20 7.62x39 rounds into this ammo can. That's a pretty good amount that I'm satisfied with. I suspect you may be able to fit a few more rounds if you take them out of their box and just toss them into this ammo can. MAYBE 50 more rounds.
The can came just as it looks in the picture, very good condition. I will buy more of these in the future for sure.