Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Solio Bolt Solar Charger
|Price:||$66.43 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$3.57 (5%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Anything - Simply connect to the Bolt using your device's own USB charging cable, no need for extra tips or unneeded cables.
- Anytime - Holds charge for up to a year in it's 2000mAh rechargeable/replaceable battery. The Bolt will give most Smartphones two complete charges.
- Anywhere -Charge the Bolt from the Sun, USB port, or the wall. Just insert a pencil into the middle - and prop towards the sun, use the included USB charging cable, or by using a USB wall adapter (sold separately)
- Your Solio Bolt includes: Solio Bolt Solar Charger, USB charge- in cable/Micro-USB charge out cable, Pencil, Quick Start Guide
- Battery pack and solar charger keeps electronic devices fully charged via on-board battery and rotating solar panels; charges thousands of popular USB powered gadgets
- Accepts charge from the sun via two high-efficiency solar panels, micro-USB power in-port, or wall outlet with optional adapter (sold separately), and holds charge for up to a year
- Multi-function LED light indicates battery level and charging status , and one full BOLT charge will give most smartphones two (or more) complete charges
|Special Shipping Information: Due to federal and international regulations, this product can only be shipped within the continental United States.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The Solio site claims "The Bolt will give most smartphones two + complete charges!" Well, I don't know about most smartphones, but mine has a 1400mAh battery, so expecting two complete charges from the Bolt's 2000mAh battery was always going to seem a little, um, heroic. A fully charged Bolt actually recharges my 1400mAh battery to about 90% of its capacity (taking about 2 hours to do so, before the Bolt runs dry). That loss of efficiency is probably to be expected, and may actually be pretty good compared to other devices, but it does mean the Bolt falls somewhat short of what the marketing bumpf might lead you to believe.
Similarly, my real-world experience of the charging times are a little longer than the advertised specs. From a usb cable plugged into a wall charger, about 7.8 hours rather than 4.5 (in Australia and France). From the solar panels, closer to 15-20 hours rather than 10-12, but probably because in the real world you are not constantly monitoring it to optimise its angle to the sun, or you have left it to charge through glass on a window sill, etc. Which still impresses me, but it is a pity the competition for customers means that manufacturers of these sort of devices can't risk advertising more realistic real-world specs.
Finally, watch out for the Bolt's multi-function LED button.Read more ›
I can also use the Bolt to provide a boost to my iPad 2. Clearly the 2000mAh battery isn't large enough to fully recharge the iPad but I can watch movies and not be concerned with running out of power while backpacking and camping.
The built in USB port means that if I get any new devices (I just have the two Apple products at the moment) I just need a USB cable and I'm all set.
I'd recommend this to anyone going camping or needing a battery backup in case of emergency.
Context: Initial 2 days of use only around house. Have compared to the GoalZero Adventure Kit (which was too heavy and not iPhone 4S friendly). Plan to review the Solarmio Pro from REI (lighter than the GoalZero Kit). I've looked online a fair amount already, and want something for a long hike.
- 5oz, one of the lightest I've seen
- charges iPhone 4S and 3GS without issue. Holds about a single full charge in the battery (I'll update this review if I get any more out of it). I tested a 3 light/60% Bolt charge, which transfered to about a 60% iPhone boost.
- Very compact
- Single hole located in center will require a little work to get it to sit upright correctly on my pack while hiking.
- Does not charge fast even given full sun (that's what you get for a small unit!)
Overall, very pleased so far. Will see how it goes in the backcountry for a prolonged hike. I'm not going to bet my life on this (e.g. I'll basically know where I'm going if I'm not carrying maps). However, for the light-weight hiker who uses an iPhone, this might be the best one out there.
As others have stated, the charging capacity is a little overhyped. I was down to about 50% on my iPhone 4S when I decided to charge it from a fully charged Bolt, and after it reached 100%, I turned the Bolt off, and then checked it's level, and it indicated 40%. This indicates to me, that it could possibly fully charge my iPhone to 90-100%, once, from a dead phone. This is fine for me, I didn't want something huge and bulky, basically just something to give the phone a boost to get me through a day. I will generally always have a power adapter to plug into the wall to charge the phone overnight, so that's not a concern.
I also have a few quirks about the design, and they primarily pertain to the power button. I recharged the Bolt from a wall adapter USB socket, until fully charged. At this time, I tried to check the level of the battery, by pressing the button. No matter what I did, I could not get the button to operate at all. I tried pushing it, holding it down, nothing. After thinking I was going to have to return it (which would be a headache, as I bought it on a trip to California), I realized that I had to slightly push the button (which doubles as the LED indicator--it's a light pipe, basically) towards the side of the housing, then push down on it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
First time out using it with a full charge and it charged my iPhone 6 Plus to 45%after 6 hours. Not impressed.Published 3 months ago by Amanda Justice
Very good and useful. The solar charging is a bit slow but I charged it behind the window. It works exactly as advertised.Published 5 months ago by Paolo Mignatti
Super inexpensive price on this article and it came in new condition, works great. Arrived quickly after purchase.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Not nearly as useful as I thought it would be. Maybe newer solar ones would be better these days. Its certainly starting to show its age.Published 6 months ago by Kevin Nagel
Great little solar panel for charging your phone, iPod, etc. It folds up for easy storage.Published 9 months ago by Mike
Didn't work well for my backpacking trip. Takes too long to charge via sun.Published 10 months ago by Ann Marie Ala