Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Solomon Speaks on Reconnecting Your Life
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 16, 2013
Dr. Pearl's first book was better. The style was more fluid and easier to read. I'll re-read this again, but I didn't connect with this book AT ALL (this time around). It seemed rather stale and choppy. He talks about the ego and frankly, a lot of the themes were a repeat in A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle.

I had such high hopes and expectations and I was looking forward to this book. Unfortunately, it was a chore to read, whether section by section, or as a whole. It was not a pleasurable experience at all. Some books grab you and make you want to read from cover to cover, neglecting sleep, like Dr. Pearl's Reconnection. This was not one of those books, sadly, even if you read a passage a day. In contrast, A New Earth, you wanted to at least read through the completion of the author's thought/message/theme. I can't articulate why Solomon Speaks fell flat.

On the other hand, I'm sure someone can benefit from it. There are some good themes. 3 Stars!
on May 22, 2013
Three generations, sitting around a table, reading aloud from a book...laughing. How often do you see this in the days of technology, isolation and everything "i"? Well, Solomon Speaks: on reconnecting your life by Dr. Eric Pearl and Frederick Ponzlov had my family doing just that. Even before we hit Chapter 1.

And that's the other oddity about this book. I'm not into prologues. Hardly ever even glance at them. I'm a jump-in-with-both-feet kinda reader, who usually skips the first few chapters to delve right into the heart of a book.

So, here we were, three generations of us, reading about Eric and Fred....and laughing. And then we hit Chapter 1. A vastly different energy fell over the room. One of reverence, befitting the deep wisdom imparted by Solomon, the entity (or group of entities) channeled through Frederick Ponzlov. Yes, despite Eric and Fred's lively storytelling talent, they allow Solomon to "speak" in his own pure words. Now, I love channelled works, so I'm a bit biased on this...but this had to be a hard call for Fred and Eric...make it pure or make it funny.

In the end, it's the message that matters most. And the message is both timely and applicable to all. He starts out with a general knowledge, speaking of quieting the mind, tapping into intuition, expanding focus to a wider perspective and reaching for the highest energies possible in each moment.

Although the premise is to tap into the energy healer within each of us, even if that isn't your thing, the words of themselves bring healing. Lifting our perspective from the duality of third-dimensional living to the Universal Truths beyond. It urges us to remember who we are, to lift our heads from the suffering we cause ourselves and others, and welcomes us to the simple art of living beautifully.

Now, as a Reiki practitioner and teacher, I found that Solomon adeptly described the most effective method of transmitting energy. Simple. Profound. Energy healing is all about letting the energy "do" while you just "be". He confirms that anything more complex than the simple art of letting the energy flow is for our own means...whether to keep the mind occupied or to help us enter the state of "Beingness". It isn't necessary to the art of healing.

In the end, I felt the best message is that of responsibility. We automatically hand off our responsibility and take on the responsibility of others. Soloman states many times that it is his job, as it is ours to "Open the door". Then it is up to the individual whether they choose to walk through it.

With this book, Soloman's door is open.

So, my recommendations? Walk through....

Get this book. Read the prologues and every page after that...then put it easily accessible on your shelf to reference it on days when you need a bit of "reconnection".

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from Hay House Publishing for this review. The opinion in this review is unbiased and reflects my honest judgment of the product.

Buy this book: http://www.hayhouse.com/details.php?id=8275&utm_id=3313
33 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2013
I am a Reconnective Healing practitioner and I felt like this was speaking to me. Teaching me how to be a purer vessel, how to be in the deepest contact with my clients, how to raise my vibration and consciousness to the highest level and bring that into every encounter in my life. More than this, I read the book with tears streaming down my face, eager for an answer to a very deep spiritual question I was struggling with. Within a couple of weeks of finishing the book, I had an experience that gave me the answer I was looking for. The answer came in a visceral, felt experience and changed me forever. It shifted my consciousness. This book works on a very deep level.
44 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2013
Disclaimer: I received this book for free from Hay House for review purposes. The following are my personal and honest opinions.

In "Solomon Speaks on Reconnecting Your Life", Dr. Eric Pearl and Frederick Ponzlov share thoughts on how to live well - but the ideas aren't their own. The book's premise is this: universal wisdom is being revealed to Eric and Frederick by an entity called "Solomon". If you're familiar with Esther Hicks and Abraham, this is similar. Supposedly, all-knowing universal intelligence is speaking to us THROUGH someone.

Whether or not you believe that, the book actually has some profound things to say. I was surprised by how much I got into the book, because I was pretty skeptical about the idea of someone channeling a spiritual entity. However, the content of what "Solomon" said really helped me gain a broader perspective and feel more okay with... everything. So I think it's one of those books where you can just take from it what helps you and leave the rest.

I found myself wanting to keep reading and turning the pages to find out what was next. The book actually won me over... I felt intrigued and like there was important stuff I could learn. I would even go so far as to say it's one of the best books I've read in awhile!
on January 9, 2014
I don't even remember how I got this book on my Nook. I think it just seemed like a good idea at the time. But things happen for a reason. About a month or two after I got it - I found it again and started reading it at night before I went to bed. I felt like the entity that was being channeled (did not even know when I got it that that was what it was) was speaking directly to me. Really I did. And it felt that way EVERY NIGHT I READ IT. It helped me SO MUCH - it was exactly relavent to what was happening in my life, and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I do not know that I have ever had that experience so clearly. I am very grateful to Eric Pearl and the other person involved in channeling the information. I will read it again. It was other worldly - but right here relavant at the same time. I remember as I was reading it - almost every night thinking "thank God I downloaded this book". And that's the honest truth. If you are curious, or at all interested - especially if you know how to do reconnective healing, or any kind of healing for that matter, or have thought about learning how to do healing work, and want to help people - I highly recommend this book. Even if you just like helping people, but not necessarily through healing work - get this book.
on August 13, 2013
I just finished the book "Solomon Speaks" by Eric Pearl and Frederick Ponzlov. I have not personally read very many books of this sort, with a medium or different entity speaking through one of the authors, so it was a new format for me. I tend to be a bit skeptical, yet spiritual and open-minded. The information presented in this book seems sincere and genuine, especially from the stand-point that the authors have little reason to share this information for any manipulative motives. The book is a summary of the authors' experience as doctor and patient with a different entity, Solomon, speaking through the patient, Frederick, with a message for Dr. Pearl. The authors thought the message might be applicable to others as well, asked Solomon's permission and opinion to share, and this book is the result.

I keep a reading journal and tend to mark pages that I want to come back to and take notes from in my journal. I marked about 30 pages while reading this book to come to for reference notes. The book did have a rather slow start for me, but it contains a great message and reminders once past the introductions. At times, the message felt too specific to Dr. Pearl with client references and such, but much of the message felt applicable to most people, whether or not someone is in the healing professions. I especially liked the part about an awakening and growing up to become our own parents and the transition from dependence to independence and self-reliance. This is discussed in chapter 30 about creating our lives as our artwork. Yet, much of the book also refers to our connections and interdependence and finding a balance with the experience of an individual self within the whole universe.

Finally, the biggest reason I would suggest this book as a worthwhile read to others is for the healing benefits. After reading about the healing energy and reminders that we can heal ourselves, I tried to focus on healing energy to relieve the headaches and tension I often wake up with from stress and clenching my jaw. To my pleasant surprise, the headache went away before I got out of bed that morning and I was able to skip taking Advil. This happened again this morning, the second day of waking up and choosing to invite healing energy to flow through me and ease the pains in my neck and head. While I have tried this in the past, something seems to have changed (perhaps in my willingness to believe) since reading this book and it is working better than I can remember ever before.

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from Hay House Publishing for this review. This review is unbiased and reflects my honest opinion of the book.
on June 26, 2013
I've read a great deal of channeled info going back decades and for me it comes down to two primary aspects. Reserving judgment and going with your gut, .. how it feels. And not getting caught up in form, expectations, and style. Which is all left-brain/ego centered positionalites and results oriented. In other words it's all about the connection between it and you. And if that connection is based on how well it strokes your fur the right way, it is unlikely in my opinion that this connection is high-grade. If it bothers you much, that in my experience is a good sign that it is powerful, ... the real deal. Or if you don't really understand it very well, ... but you feel or sense something different. Or certain private things come back crashing on your mind. Something's changed that feels great, lousy, or subtle but persistent. Whatever it is, it's not just about the old you purring or hissing. ....... In other words the veneer or outward information is entirely secondary. That is my take on these types of writings.

The down side of the channelings in this book is that so much of it is very specific to Eric Pearl and this/his/their healing work. And Eric says that it is very faithful to the original transmissions and it shows. Much of it is repetitive and by literary standards poorly written. ......... But by my standards it has the juice, .. no doubt about it.

So do you want this book? ... If you're looking for a great read, forget it. But if your aspiration is for your soul to increasingly win out over your head, my opinion is that this book may be worth your time.
on February 2, 2014
I just finished this book and am disappointed that it is over! I think I will reread it! I am a Reconnective Healing Practitioner and also a facilitator of the Reconnection process. This book came to me intuitively and I had it on my Kindle for several months before it came to me just at the right time. With all the new energies and frequencies we are now able to access as healers, I have had an enormous shift in my consciousness and healing abilities. The information Eric and Frank have imparted in this book was priceless guidance for me at this time in my life and healing path. It was as if Solomon were speaking directly to me, as a person and as a healer. I learned so much about the way my distracted thoughts during a session can interfere with the healing process of my client. I thought that as long as I was not trying to control the frequencies, that it was ok, but I learned that it is not! Once I applied this awareness and paid greater attention, I could definitely tell the difference! Thank you, Eric and Fred, for sharing this knowledge and information with us for the greater good of all.
on June 22, 2013
"Fears come from the fear of the responsibility of life--that once you are responsible for your life, that's the key. People don't want to have that responsibility. They want to be in a state of need. They want "need" in their lives. Somehow that becomes the generator for their existence, where in actuality, need is an obstruction. Need is what keeps us from connecting." This was one of the many nuggets of wisdom I discovered in Dr. Eric Pearl's latest book, Solomon Speaks on Reconnecting Your Life, which was written in collaboration with Frederick Ponzlov. I received this as an e-book from Hay House publishing in exchange for my honest review.

Anyone who is familiar with channeled books, such as the teachings of The Law of Attraction: The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham, by Esther and Jerry Hicks, will appreciate the teachings of Solomon, which serve as a complement to what is already known about our ability to create our reality. However this book seems to be geared more towards those who consider themselves healers, or those who aspire to heal others. Within the pages of this book is relevant and timely information that is meant to guide and counsel those who have taken on the mantel of "light worker."

Though it may seem as if most of the messages of Solomon are meant for Dr. Eric Pearl, the gist is clear: through the healing of others we heal ourselves. In truth, we are not the ones doing the healing, we are merely the way showers--we open the door; we serve as the vessel. Ultimately it is up to the one who is seeking the healing.

I thoroughly enjoyed Solomon Speaks on Reconnecting Your Life, and as predicted by the authors, this is not a book that can be finished in a quick read-through. At times the material seemed to go right over my head and I had to spend a lot of time sitting quietly after reading certain passages in order to grasp the meaning in a way that I could comprehend. I'm sure that after reading this book a few more times, I'll be able to get a better grasp of the content. Still, this precursor to Dr. Eric Pearl's first book, The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself, is a keeper and a must-read for everyone who has chosen to use their healing gifts in the service of humanity.
on May 28, 2013
A healthy amount of skepticism when dealing with so called channeled material isn't a bad thing. There's lots of junk out there. Mostly, the junk ones, rehash trite platitudes while taking a really long time to deliver the same old new age message of oneness and all you need is wuv. That said, when the message can resonate so deeply with you, that you don't care who wrote it or how; well then it stands on its own. The concepts presented in Solomon Speaks, while not necessarily new to anyone following the consciousness movement, new thought, new age, whatever, are presented in a unique light. Perhaps light isn't the best word to use, as Solomon shows no mercy in dealing with gurus and healers of the white lighter variety who "do it for the applause." I love the idea he speaks about, that the very word "healing" implies that one is somehow wrong or bad, and needs to be made better. If you are interested in energy healing, Qigong, or Reiki, I think you will love this book. I also think anyone in any of the healing arts could enjoy this book if they can get past the channeling and the energy work stuff. At the risk of sounding trite, this book requires you read it from the heart and not the head. I received this book free, for review purposes from Hay House, was not paid for my opinion, and this is my honest assessment of this book.