Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Student Solutions Manual, (Chapters 1-11) for Stewart's Single Variable Calculus: Early Transcendentals, 7th
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on September 20, 2011
My daughter is enrolled in a very challenging major, & she must do well in calculus which is a prerequisite to other classes she must take to finally finish her degree in geology/paleontology. I found this manual by luck while searching for a less expensive price for her textbook than that found in the college bookstore. This manual has been a God-send to her because it shows step by step how to solve the problems in the textbook. She attempts the problems first without the aid of the solutions manual, then when she can't, she refers to the solutions manual & is able to work backwards to see the source of her confusion. She finally has experienced "aha" moments in calculus, & I think this manual has been a significant reason why this has happened.
VINE VOICEon February 16, 2012
I really hate dealing with textbook companies, they make it so hard to find what you want, and these books are no exception, after making sure that the edition and volume was correct I ordered it, It's decent and usually helps, but as it is a "student" solutions manual only the odd solutions are provided, and the full solutions manual seems to be impossible to find. The worked out problems are usually pretty helpful if there is something you don't understand, but they still often skip steps and assume you know things you don't. In all honesty just plugging the numbers into wolfram alpha and then choosing the show steps option has been more detailed and helpful almost every time I've compared the two; The only exception being the story problems from the book that are worded strange and are difficult to even find out what it's asking you.

Given how much this manual costs I'd recommend just saving the cash, use wolfram alpha when you need to see a problem and if you need more help, hire a tutor, it will probably cost the same and do you a lot more good.
on December 17, 2013
So many solutions are missing (only the evens are there). The hardest problems, it seems, are the ones that aren't explained. It often even skips over steps that it assumed you've already learned before. I don't recommend, but I guess it's better than nothing.
on May 25, 2013
So, I took calculus 2 last semester, and this book was very helpful in understanding the concepts better and avoid having to ask my professor questions, which generally ended up making me more confused than I was initially! All in all, this book was a life saver for Calculus 2 and a must have for all students. The pros and cons are as follows,

Pros:

1) The book provides detailed answers of all odd problems
2) It is light and can be carried to class easily
3) Can be more helpful than professors and tutors in understanding the material, if you take time and fully understand the steps the author takes in solving the problems
4) Save money and spend $41.00 now or spend much more retaking the class - very wise investment!

Cons:

1) DOES NOT INCLUDE ANSWERS TO ANY EVEN PROBLEMS, NOT EVEN END OF CHAPTER REVIEW PROBLEMS
2) Sometimes it can be difficult to follow the steps listed
on April 9, 2012
You want solutions, the book has them. The book writes the solutions such that it only covers the steps that it considers new for the chapter most of the time. (For instance, it might skip how to find the integrated solution but the thing that you couldn't figure out was how to find that tricky integral.) In that sense, it's not fantastic.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this solutions manual has only ODD problems going up to Chapter 11. The cover of this book does not mention the fact that it is only good for half of the book, though Amazon is kind enough to mention it in the title of the product. This covers to Calculus 2 at many colleges (based on talking to my friends at various schools who use this book). So, if you're only going to take to that level, this book is very helpful, but it's frustrating when you get to vector calculus and the like and suddenly have no resources.
on March 9, 2016
I don't even know how I survived Calculus I, without having the student solution manual. When I saw this available for the same book that I took for calculus I, I snatched it up! The professor is using the same book for calculus II. I was really excited, not have the answers, because the answers are available in the regular textbook; but this actually works out the odd problems and other select problems in the textbook. So, I am able to work out additional problems at home to really get the concept down.
on March 5, 2014
Would appreciate an example or two per chapter that go very in-depth about a type of problem and how to approach it. Often just shows steps, but doesn't really explain the logical leap as to why you are taking those steps. Best used in combination with the Patrick videos on Youtube.com
on November 22, 2014
This is a lifesaver. If you're like me and ended up with a bad calculus teacher this book will help you a great deal. It contains solutions but also provides steps for problem solving as well so you can work the problems out on your own. I don't feel that the textbook that this manual accompanies is very good in that it doesn't have enough different example problems. Sometimes you will attempt a homework problem in the book and realize this type of problem wasn't addressed at all in the text and you don't even know what you're looking at! That is when this manual really comes in handy.

I did dock one star because of the solutions manuals I've owned, this one has the fewest and least descriptive "steps" for solving the problems. The only reason I buy these is to help me understand how to solve the problem; I don't really care about the solutions as there are other ways to find those but I sometimes need the extra help figuring out how to approach the problem. If this book had more instruction I would give it a 5 star easily.
on December 22, 2015
Very useful it help student DIY to resolve the math step by step. But be aware, this is the 7th Edition, the samples math doesn't match with the 8th Edition textbook, so make sure your textbook is 7th Edition. The 8th Edition Student Solution recently came out.
on December 11, 2015
This book is very helpful when you are doing many problems. You can always check your answer and see how the work was done. However, the solutions was ONLY on odd numbers. That's why I rate this a 4 instead of a 5 star. I used this book and the textbook to study and look back if I have the correct answers or to see if I approach the work differently