Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Solvit HoundAbout Pet Bicycle Trailer
- RIDE IN COMFORT: Features a front door with waterproof layer and mesh screen layer, a rear door with mesh screen and a sunroof to give you and your pet options for all types of weather; includes a cushion for a comfortable ride
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Constructed from 600d polyester with waterproof floorboard and aluminum frame; two 20 in. tires come pre-filled with air, 16 inch and 20 inch air-filled tires (medium vs large), Medium size suitable for pets up to 50 Pounds
- SECURE RIDE: Adjustable safety leash keeps pets secure while riding; reflectors on the cabin and on each wheel help keep you and your pet visible to others
- QUICK ASSEMBLY: Assembles quickly and folds down easily for storage; the cabin dimensions are 33 in. x 22 in. x 26 in. and the overall dimensions are 55 in. x 33 in. x 33 in.
- EASY-TO-CLEAN: The cloth cabin and windscreen can be cleaned with a damp cloth or sponge; the interior cushion is machine washable and can be dried at low heat
- SUPPORT FOR YOU: Call, chat or email with our expert US-based customer care specialists six days a week at 1-800-845-3274; they are waiting to assist you and your pet with your product needs
- EXPERIENCE: PetSafe brand has been an industry leading US manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: While strong and durable, the PetSafe Solvit HoundAbout II Aluminum Bicycle Trailer is designed for PET USE ONLY
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Large size suitable for pets up to 110 lbs.
At PetSafe Brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
HoundAbout II Pet Bicycle Trailer, Large
If you want to get in a bike ride, but your pet isn’t up to it, you can still take them along. Perfect for cycling to the dog park - you get a workout there and back, and your pet stays safe while you’re on the road. For those who are nervous about leashing their pet to a bicycle - the HoundAbout II solves that problem and your pet will love the ride. Solvit's design features an extra-wide wheelbase and a lower center-of-gravity to provide outstanding ride stability and easier access for pets getting in and out of the cabin.
Special pockets hold plenty of gear including cellphones, keys, leash, water bottle, treats, and more. The front door on the trailer includes a zippered, mesh screen layer plus a zippered, clear vinyl layer to block wind and weather. Use them in different configurations depending on riding conditions. The over-sized sunroof provides ample airflow and room for pets to peek their heads out and look about. A removable, washable cushion keeps pets comfortable on long rides. Assembles quickly and folds down for easy storage or transport.
- New model option features a lightweight, rust-proof ALUMINUM frame.
- Large size suitable for pets up to 110 lbs.
- Great for older pets or those with joint problems.
- Unique design sits lower for easier entry and exit for pets.
- Wide wheel base provides more stable ride.
- Constructed from rugged 600d polyester with waterproof floorboard, with the option of steel or aluminum.
- Features a front door with waterproof layer and mesh screen layer, a rear door with mesh screen; plus a sunroof.
- Multiple pockets to hold water bottle, personal effects, plus leashes, treats, poop bags, etc.,
- Removable, washable cushion.
- Adjustable safety leash keeps pets secure while riding.
- 16” and 20” air-filled tires (medium vs large).
- Includes universal bicycle hitch - extra hitches available, sold separately.
- Assembles quickly and folds down easily for storage.
|HoundAbout II Aluminum Bicycle Trailer||HoundAbout II Aluminum Bicycle Trailer||HoundAbout Classic Steel Bicycle Trailer||HoundAbout Classic Steel Bicycle Trailer|
|Weight capacity||up to 110 lbs.||up to 50 lbs.||up to 50 lbs.||up to 110 lbs.|
Stroller Conversion Kit
The PetSafe Solvit HoundAbout II Aluminum Bicycle Trailer is a great way to maintain an active lifestyle while spending quality time with your pet. Your pup can enjoy a nice stroll through the neighborhood or in the park instead of staying behind in the kennel. The adjustable safety leash keeps pets secure while riding and you can ride with peace of mind that they won’t run off. The trailer is easy for your pet to access with a rear door that fully unzips. Great for older pets or those with joint problems.
Size: Large, Aluminum Frame | Color: Blue
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
236 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-7 of 236 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The trailer is well made, zippers, canvas, netting, and all. I did remove the cushion at the bottom and replaced it with a gel mat, as Spunk's crazy hind legs would only scramble the pillow.
Also, I have a 30lb dog, and would say a large would have been a better fit.
Update: Solvit said putting the 20in wheels (from the larger size) would fix my issue and are sending them at no cost to me. They earned my 5 stars!
I only gave it four stars (instead of the five it deserves) because it came missing a couple of bolts. Fortunately, my boyfriend is resourceful and found bolts that worked. But the average person would have had to send for replacement parts. Also, that top bar really is VERY difficult to get into place. It took both of us several minutes to get it bolted in correctly (and we are pretty clever at building/assembling stuff). I had hoped the whole trailer would be collapsible and could transport flat in my car (and be assembled at the trail quickly), but there's no way I'm taking it apart ever again. The wheels come off and go on easily though so, that'll be good enough I guess.
Still, a great design. I got the medium, with the aluminum frame. It hooks up so easily once you install the hitch (which, again, took some ingenuity and wrangling because my quick-release bar was not long enough and I needed a new one that was just a half inch longer to allow for the width of the hitch). But once the hitch was on, the trailer was very easy to add.
I'd recommend getting your dog used to in gradually. It's a pretty smooth ride on a paved trail, but the bumps of a road or a curb edge can be a bit scary at first. I added my dog's bed to it for extra padding and that seemed to make her very happy.
I do wish there were bigger pockets though! The three it came with are ok but they aren't quite enough to bring along a water dish, the leash, poop bags, a bit of dog food, a water bottle, etc... (maybe I just need to travel lighter!).