Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Some Hearts
Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 23, 2007
November 22, 2010

I re-did my review. Why? Because I changed my mind about this release. I had to buy it once, sell it and then buy it again recently (in October 2010) to fully appreciate the music on here. At first it seemed too country for me and the messages weren't getting through. But most of the songs are really good here.

WASTED repetitive chorus but alright song. 4/5

DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER ME a song about growing up, moving away and putting your faith in God. 4.25/5

SOME HEARTS - a pop-rock crossover hit with great vocals at the end. 4/5

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL a single with religious roots. the ending vocal is great. 4.25/5

THE NIGHT BEFORE LIFE GOES ON i love this song. it's about summer lovers having to part. 4.25/5

LESSONS LEARNED a song about learning lessons in how you live. 4/5

BEFORE HE CHEATS her best selling single ever? 4.5/5

STARTS WITH GOODBYE a great song. didn't appreciate it before. 4.25/5

I JUST CAN'T LIVE A LIE an excellent song about loving someone so much. my favorite. 4.5/5

WE'RE YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL kinda skates on filler because it's not really carrie's forte. but it's catchy and fun to sing to. 4/5

THAT'S WHERE IT IS another pop-rock number with really loud guitars that kinda cover up carrie's voice. 4/5

WHENEVER YOU REMEMBER a sweet song about carrie and a cherished friend/lover's past. 4.25/5

I AIN'T IN CHECOTAH ANYMORE a really good song about carrie missing her hometown. the most country song here. 4.25/5

INSIDE YOUR HEAVEN probably the only filler on the CD. i like the the american idol version better. 3.75/5

58.5/14 = 4.178

4.2 stars or an 8.4/10.

A great country pop album that has some crossover hits for good measure. Even some non-country fans would like this. Features great vocals although Carrie can be seen as shouting on many songs. I'd like to refer to it as belting.

DOWNLOAD:
"I Just Can't Live A Lie"
"Before He Cheats"
"Starts With Goodbye" &
"I Ain't In Checotah Anymore"
on March 5, 2011
To me, the "Some Hearts" album is a lot better album than her sophomore album, "Carnival Ride" which in my opinion had a great start and then started to get average.

Every song on "Some Hearts" listenable, with most of them being above average to excellent. It is rare to find CDs where every single song is listenable.

I am not a fan of pure country, the style where the vocals sound super twangy and whiny, and the lyrics often are about losing a spouse, dog, etc.

I like the blend of country and pop. To me, this album is an excellent example of the country-pop subgenre. Enough twangy sound that one knows it is country, but not overdone like some artists. The lyrics are also generally upbeat/positive.

Here is how I rate them...

1.Wasted: A

14.Inside your Heaven- A

My top 3 favorites were
Before He Cheats
I Ain't in Checotah Anymore
The Night Before(Life Goes On)

Overall, as an Album I give it an "A+". This is one of the best debuts I ever heard. It is very rare where the majority of songs on an album get a "B" or higher from me, and in this case the majority were A's or B's. Quite impressive, and I am not easy to please.
on May 25, 2013
At Christmas-time we like to stuff our kids' stockings with little odds & ends including techie gadgets, movies, music CDs and such... A few years ago, when Carrie Underwood first moved onto the charts, she was one of the singers whose songs moved to the top of our teen daughter's playlist... and she still is! We purchased this 'album' for our daughter and it was a big stocking-stuffer hit.

Since then, access to the Amazon Music Cloud has been a gigantic bonus for us all! This set of songs, along with every other CD or MP3 download that we have purchased from Amazon since like 1999, has become available to be uploaded to the Cloud -- and we have taken full advantage of that opportunity.

Now we can access this set of music and all the other music we have purchased from anywhere we have 'net access. Just outstanding!

If you are a fan of this music, then we highly recommend this 'album' and the Amazon Music Cloud service to all. Excellent.
VINE VOICEon April 24, 2012
I used to be an American Idol fan, back in the day. I would say, the first three seasons, you couldn't tear me away from that television - except for the commercials, at intervals. Never would I consider myself a country music fan. Not until I heard the beautiful songs of Carrie Underwood. It was my pleasure to watch her audition for AI, at the tender age of 20. She had never been out of Checotah, Oklahoma, up until that point. Carrie was the pride of her town - college degree in hand, she had participated in beauty pageants and numerous talent shows. The young woman had the musical pipes of a woman twice her age and the baring of a seasoned musical veteran.

Some of the strongest songs on this album include "Wasted," "Some Hearts," "Inside Your Heaven," and "Not in Checotah Anymore." Carrie's voice soars over the music, and has a great, universal quality to it. She could sing pop, jazz, country or the blues. Her lyrics are warm, heartfelt and full of emotion. I could listen to it all day. I have even begun to choreograph dance pieces inspired by this album. Please give it a chance. It deserves three.
on August 16, 2017
Arrived on time, great music.
on June 16, 2017
Still amazing
on April 2, 2017
...album!
on April 10, 2017
perfect
on July 25, 2017
his album is like Carrie - sweet, innocent and completely with substance. If you like fluffy, light country-pop, you'll love this, but if you're looking for the future of country music, I'd say look elsewhere.
on March 24, 2017
Great CD.... was a replacement for one that got lost.