|Digital List Price:||$11.99|
Save $2.40 (20%)
In Some Lost Place: The first ascent of Nanga Parbats Mazeno Ridge Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Beware that this is not a fast-paced, adrenaline-loaded story. Like the ridge the narrative rolls along gently, curving, slowly rising to its peak. The writing reflects much of the author's personality: it is mature, unassuming, with humour and deeper wisdom occasionally shining through. In the end, Sandy Allan's incredible tale of a climb that took 18 days (14 days up, 4 down, the last 3 without food or water) doesn't give the reader a quick buzz - like a good single malt, it develops a strong and lingering aftertaste in the form of quiet amazement about how he and Rick Allen managed to keep going for so long, and survive. This is a book this reviewer will certainly pick up again, to digest it fully and to savour it all. Highly recommended!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Travelers & Explorers
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Biographies
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Mountaineering > Mountain Climbing
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sports & Outdoors > Biographies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sports & Outdoors > Mountaineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > Specialty Travel > Adventure