Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 21-30 of 139 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 247 reviews
VINE VOICEon August 18, 2012
Maybe this isn't quite a 5-star book, the best of the best, but it's been a long hot summer, and I've been reading a heckuva lot of dreck lately. As soon as I started reading, my brain sort of went, "Ahh, a writer who can actually write. Thank God!" and I was into it. Kristan Higgins writes very clever and funny dialogue - both internal & between characters - and the H&H are hot but likeable. I really appreciate that she makes the heroine a fish out of water without needing to humiliate her (are you listening, Susan Elizabeth Phillips?), and that she includes a dog that has a distinctive personality (beyond general dogginess - you dog lovers know what I mean) is a real bonus. Definitely an entertaining read.
on November 13, 2014
I loved this book! Looking for a funny, good read romance novel well this one delivers. Her Aunt Lavianna is a hoot! I have to say when I first began reading it I was a little unsure if I was going to like it, but after a couple chapters I was hooked. Nicely done.
on July 11, 2013
Saw a review of this in People magazine, which piqued my interest. Loved, loved, loved this book! It was so cleverly written, with fun subplots and funny dialogue. The characters were well-defined and relatable - and what a sweet love story! The only problem for me was that this book was my Kristan Higgans "gateway drug," and led me to all of her other great books. Something special about this one, though. I highly recommend.
on April 24, 2012
After reading "Fools Rush In" and "Just One of the Guys" I was hooked on Kristan Higgins. I went and got all of her books at that time (early 2011) on ebook. Before now, Grace and Cal have been my two favorite, but this book is Kristan's best yet. It came out today and I sat and read the entire book with a glass (bottle) of wine in hand. I do think my husband was annoyed... I have not attempted to write many book reviews so please try not to laugh at me!

Parker and Thing One (James) are the best characters to come from Kristan Higgins so far. The story goes back and forth from Parker- who is an independent woman thrown into a difficult time and James- who is completely new. James is a big unknown at first to the reader and to Parker. Slowly you fall for him as you see beyond the initial impression... just maybe Parker will as well! Lets not forget that someone spends a night in jail- besides the obvious!

I hope my review does the book justice. Thank you Kristan for a wonderful book. I, along with all of your readers, look forward to many more characters to love and books to read over and over!
on October 23, 2012
The first half of the book really drags which is why I can only give it three stars. Kristan Higgins is a really good writer and yet the flashbacks and the filling in of the backstory were awkward for the first 70-100 pages. I considered giving up on the book but I'm glad I persevered cause the second half is both humorous and touching and made up for the beginning of the book. I liked both Parker and James and liked them enough to be rooting for their HEA, and it was pretty satisfying. One quibble though: "Lady Land"? Really? I HATED that expression, it was tacky and it took me out of the story each time. Ugh. That said, some of Ms. Higgins' books are on my "reread" pile and though this one won't make that list, it was still a pretty good read overall.
on April 14, 2014
I always enjoy reading Kristan Higgins. I first read all her books on my Kindle from our local library. I enjoyed them all enough to buy them from amazon.com so that I can re-read whenever the mood strikes. Kristan tells a good story in "Somebody to Love" . I really liked the characters in this book, their development, and the way the story wrapped up. In true Kristan style, there is more good plot than racy bedroom scenes, which is why I'm a fan. I have read all of her books and this one is my absolute favorite.
on February 7, 2013
I usually like Kristan Higgins' books for their cuteness. I like her witty characters in the New England towns, but I thought that these characters were not as interesting. I think this book was a companion piece/ sequel to The Next Best Thing, which was story I loved for crazy Lucy and sweet Ethan. This one had Lucy's friend/ Ethan's ex, Parker and her lawyer, James. Parker was not the most interesting character in this novel, at least to me, and I thought that James' point of view was very annoying. Like I said, The Next Best Thing has cute characters - this book had horny characters. I didn't care much for it. To anyone who likes that sort of thing, this book would be good.
on July 8, 2017
I just love happy ending romance stories, especially the part between Parker and James during summer is so addicting that i spend two sleepless nights finishing this book. And i love this authors books a lot because she would always give so much positive thinking for me to consider in my own life.
on April 19, 2013
I did thoroughly enjoy this book! I love the characters, and had a lot of fun reading it.

Spoiler Alert:

There are a few plot holes (why would a Harvard graduate leave the reins of control of a very large trust fund to someone she doesn't trust, someone who has already betrayed her...hmmm)

Why did it take 18 months for the marriage (she's 35 for goodness sakes!) Nine months would have made more sense.

These didn't ruin the book - but it was a little distracting from the story.

I really loved the last line in the book - oh, how my heart fluttered!
on May 14, 2013
This is my second book by Kristan Higgins in the last month and I just love her. Her books are funny, sweet, and have the right amount of sexual tension without going into a lot of detail. The biggest bang I get out of a romance is the anticipation and longing, which KH delivers. Along with loving the books I feel good about the fact that I can share them with anyone and not be uncomfortable about overly graphic sex scenes. I loved both.