Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 167 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 181 reviews
on November 26, 2013
This is a great book. I learned a lot about how to interact with those with high emotional sensitivity. I learned a lot about the destructive patterns in my own childhood. Other reviews claim that this book is only good for working with persons who have severe BPD, but that simply isn't true. The concepts are well-founded and universally applicable.
on November 11, 2013
Ok, so I have only read 1/3 of this book so far, and I will come back and write another review after finishing, but if you love someone who has BPD then you definitely need to read this. My husband has been incorrectly diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, adhd, severe depression, etc. However the 20+ pills he takes everyday have never seemed to help or they just comatose him. We have been together ten exhausting years, with many moments of extreme behavior and many moments of the wonderful person he can be. I have often thought that not only was he crazy, but also mean, manipulative, and a free loader b/c he has never been able to hold down a stable job. I've often accused him of wanting to be with me so I could take care of him financially. After reading the short amount of this book that I have, so many things make perfect sense. It has been very eye opening and is a must read for anyone who has a loved one with borderline personality disorder. At the very least it will help you to realize your loved one does love you but has not developed the necessary skills to be a functioning member of society (to various degrees). It will also allow you to change your reaction to their actions, which can help them change. This book is already such a blessing to me, and I am so thankful that Dr. Manning has taken the time to educate those of us who just happen to love someone with this disorder.
11 comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2012
This is an excellent book. I wish I could have read it 32 years ago. It would have made life so much easier in many many ways. I bought the Kindle edition and plan to buy the regular book so I can hilight in it.
on July 30, 2013
If you have a family member or loved one who exhibits symptoms of BDL, this book will help you understand and deal with the difficult path the person has to follow and the effects that it will have on you. It is not a stand alone alternative for a class or therapy, but a supplement which provides invaluable information that one can refer back to at necessary times.
on January 7, 2016
Good book that helps explain BPD and some helpful tips as to how to stay sane while dealing with a partner that is BPD. The only thing I don't care for in this book (which I find with a lot of other books) is the example after example of how their patient behaved this way or that. For me, I would prefer not having so many examples. I am a straight to the point and just the facts kind of person. With that said it does provide some good info so would recommend.
on November 18, 2012
My relationship was falling apart before my partner read this book, now things are looking up and I think we might make it.
on June 28, 2017
He gained understanding finally
on January 17, 2012
I have read many books on this subject, but this has been far the best in helping me both understand this disorder and deal positively with it. It really helps me be more compassionate and patient, and at the same time, helpful in my dealings with the person close to me that has this problem.
on May 1, 2016
This book is a must have for anyone who lives with a relative with BPD. It gave me tools that really work and support that I so desperately needed.
on September 22, 2017