Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now FFII_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on December 5, 2010
I'm a die-hard fan for Faith Evans but sometimes I forget that she got started in the biz as a songwriter so I must give her props for co-writing the majority of this album and also commend her for putting her money where her mouth is in terms of going independent this time around.

There are mostly mid-tempo head nod inducing tracks here and only one real uptempo dance track, PARTY F/ REDMAN but the one constant is Faith's smooth vocal delivery. I was overjoyed to see her get a grammy nom because for too many years true r&b artists have been ignored for whoever seemed to be: Black, female & hot at that moment so I'm glad that her hard work was recognized.

The lead single, GONE ALREADY, is a great track - it's melodic and the lyrics tell a story. Other tracks that stand out to me are:

BABY LAY - this is a smooth track that I hope they release as a single;

I STILL - mellow track again featuring mature lyrics;

WAY YOU MOVE F/ SNOOP - this is a mid-tempo head nodder featuring Snoop, whose melodic rap enhances but doesn't overpower the track (I initially did not like this when it leaked but having listened to it a few times, it grew on me);

RIGHT HERE - I like how Faith kinda sing/raps a portion of the song;

CHANGE - inspirational track with uplifting lyrics;

TROUBLED WORLD F/ KELLY PRICE & JESSICA REEDY - I recognized Jessica Reedy as a contestant on BET's Sunday Best gospel singing competition and have always loved when Kelly collabos with Faith so I knew I'd love this song; inspirational lyrics sung by 3 powerhouse vocalists (I hope this gets released to the Gospel/Inspirational music market).

Disappointing tracks are: CANT' STAY AWAY F/ KEYSHIA COLE - when I heard that they recorded together I couldn't wait to hear it but this track is way too overproduced and drowns out both singers. This could've been as great as Keyshia's duet with Monica but sadly the poor production tanks it; YOUR LOVER - also too overproduced, there is a sound in the background (either water or applause? not sure) but whatever it is it's distracting and takes away from the vocal arrangement which is good.

Well done, Ms. Dunaway! Good luck @ the grammies!
on October 8, 2010
After listening to this cd, I realized that Faith is an artist that has sustained through the years! Her voice is amazing here just like it was on her very first album. This album really reminds me a lot of the classic "Faith Evans" cd from 1995. Faith mentioned that this album was done over a year with a "dollar and a dream" in her thank you's and it shows. It's pure talent! Her song writing and her voice own these tracks from some producers that aren't illustriuous in the game. But she went back to Chucky Thompson who masterminded so many 1990's hits and also Mike City who produced the "Full Moon" track by Brandy. Even songs like "Baby Lay",that seem like interludes are so hotttt. That's actually my favorite along with the lyrically inspiring "Worth It", about a guy who ain't worth it and will never change. Thsi is also the first cd in a while that I have listened to completely from start to finish while in my living room reading the credits. You can't go wrong with this cd. It's very good.
on February 17, 2012
Keep the Faith, The First Lady and now Something about Faith are among my favorite CD's of any artist. Faith Evans is under rated across the board, musically, vocally and songwriting skills. Something About Faith starts out good and ends perfectly! Track 2 "I Still" has the melody and vocals that I have come to love and expect from Ms. Evans. I can not pick out a favorite song on this set, because they all have there own special touch, I can say however the track "Party" with Redman makes me want to do just that PARTY!!!

I really wish this disk had performed better than it did. To date sales figures are around 100,000 copies sold which is a far cry from The First Lady disk, which has sold right around a million copies. I am glad though that no matter what Faith puts out consistent and great music. Her vocals and songwriting skills are in full effect on this disk and the set is solid. While she may not get the fan fare of some of her peers, she is still a premier vocalist with a beautiful catalog.
on October 13, 2010
The classic Faith Evans debut was the very first CD I ever purchased, since then she has evolved to become a truly great artist. In my opinion, no one can match her singing and that is showcased in her latest CD, Something About Faith. This was a highly anticipated offering and well worth the wait. I was very impressed to find that Faith not only co-wrote, but also co-produced all tracks.

Both Mike City and Keyshia Cole are fine talents, but their participation in this project could be considered almost useless when sized up against the rest of the album. I find myself skipping those 3 songs at times, but all that aside, this is another one of Faith Evans' prized works. I have come to the conclusion that she is the premiere vocalist of her era, there is absolutely no comparison.
on October 5, 2010
I like it! If she cut down the album from 16 to 7 (with just the tracks listed below), it would be a stronger, tighter album... But that deep contralto voice is as rich as ever and her hooks are always catchy. There were really no surprises; it's classic R&B and the Faith we know and enjoy. I think especially if you're a fan of her already, you've got to add it to your collection.

6. Gone Already - Favorite #1
7. Party - Nice up tempo party track but could have done without the rap
8. Right Here - Nice slow jam
9. Your Lover - This one had a jazzy and retro feel for me, a different move for Faith that worked well
10. Can't Stay Away - Favorite #2, strong mid-tempo beat (it'll get you moving)
11. Sunshine - Another up tempo to get you dancing
13. The Love In Me - The "rags to riches, I'm a faithful hustler" theme is here, classic Faith, but cool beat - nice song. Favorite #3

...and the more I hear it...
15. Troubled World - WOW!!! is all I can say.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2010
I am a fan of Faith's voice. I think she has a voice that could make just about any song grow on you. With this most recent release, I listened from beginning to end a couple times. I found that overall this is a really good release. My most favorite is "Baby Lay". This is a beautiful, romantic song. I listen to it everyday. Other songs that I love to listen to from this release, "Worth It", "Real Things", and "Party" which I listen to when getting ready to go out. It puts me in that frame of mind. The majority of the 16 songs are really good. The songs that have not caught my attention I believe will grow on me. There is certainly something about Faith, and for me it's her voice. The woman can sing!!!!! I love this cd and think it's well worth the money.
on November 17, 2010
If you wanna dance all nite...wrong woman in the 1st place; however "Sunshine" is for the steppers and the majority of the CD is for chill time.

Wait til you find yourself unable to take the cd out because you've let it spin around 4 x without noticing! She even used one of Biggies former tracks to create her own version of "everyday struggle".

C'mon people, just b/c she hasn't been treated by the industry as she should, outside of predominately AA artists, don't act like you don't know we owe Faith her due respect with such vocal, lyrical constinency and tact.
on June 3, 2016
I love me some Faith Evans. I have all her albums. This is just another to add to your collection.
on November 15, 2010
Faith really brung it back to what real music should be. It's sad that I was so tired of hearing such garbage I just kind of stop listening. Thankfully this is a CD that is well worth buying I love every song on there.. She did her thing on this CD!!!
on January 17, 2016