Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Something About Joe
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$0.99

on February 9, 2012
This Australian-set story is deliciously romantic. Kandy Shepherd has a deft touch in creating satisfying contemporary romances that capture your imagination and stay there long after the book is finished. I particularly enjoyed her so so tempting hero! Far, far from your average read. Thank you, Ms Shepherd.
on February 9, 2012
This such a lovely, warm-hearted, emotional read. I loved every word. Single mother Allison Bradley is so real and you can absolutely relate to the problems she faces. Then gorgeous Joe Martin enters her life and things get REALLY complicated! It was such a pleasure watching these two fall in love in spite of themselves. And wow, that's a great price!
Something about Joe will leave you sheepishly grinning, your heart aching ( good and bad )) and your pulse racing. A well balanced contemporary romanced filled with love, humour, family, heartache and passion . A place to call home and a charming Hottie - Hero whom will make your toes curl and eye lashes flutter !!!

Allison Bradley is in desperate need of a babysitter, her last sitter, has packed her bags with no notice and taken off. Upon answering her doorbell - Looking upon Allison is a leather - clad Adonis, hot gorgeous and rough looking biker. Allison is slightly gob smacked buy this hot man at her door step - telling her he is her replacement Nanny. This has sent not only her pulse racing but her libido and thoughts into over drive.... ** waggles eyebrows **

Joe Martin comes with qualifications and recommendations as long as you can name, he is highly recommended by the agency and in a rush for a very important meeting she agrees to let Joe stay the day to care for her son. In time she realizes that Joe weaves Magic with Mitchell and agrees to let him stay on for the trial period.

Upon watching Joe with Mitchell, Allison realizes Joe is a fantastic babysitter, hunky and incredibly gorgeous with not only good looks but personality to match and great at his job. His tough looking exterior is just a camouflage to what's he is really like inside.

A readymade family is not in Joe's future, he wants to make it big and have his own family... The passion between Joe and Allison is undeniable... Can the passion and love they feel lead a happily ever after??

My thoughts!!

I must say Upon Allison opening that door; within the first chapter I think my heart must have skipped a few beats. I could see Joe standing in the door way - hot, hunky, tall and handsome - and rouuuughhhh looking ... I think I almost fell in love loll... ** I know My heart skipped a beat or two ** My eyes where certainly roaming his body tooo ! **

Kandy has put forth her descriptions vividly - giving the reader great insight as to what the characters looked like and also felt. I read this book in one sitting and at opening the first few pages I was hooked within the story. The dialogue flowed smoothly, the storyline intriguing and chapters all running fluenlty from one till the next.

Kandy has woven a wonderfully blended storyline with heartfelt moments, depicting the dire circumstances we often come to in life. Very realistic - A mother working to make ends meet and finding the time to also balance family. The stress and love for a child, and also how people can manipulate you in your times of need. Life is never easy. Family values - shown through, some who have them and some whom don't.

I thoroughly enjoy Kandy's wonderfully written stories, and this is no exception what so ever! The characters draw you into the pages, emotionally. One minute you can be giggling, the next heart broken, and other moments, flicking your reader frantically through the good bits ** waggles eyebrows ** The sexy scenes are sensual and definably thrilling - for all those who like a little steam in there reads, this is ** Sizzling ** ((but very tasteful)

The passion Kandy put forth between the characters was steamy, passionate and loving. I enjoyed the tension that she created between the characters - I must say I was also waiting for those sparks to fly!!

I completely enjoyed the characters put forth as well. We all have flaws, needs and wants and things we do and dont want in life. Allison was a strong determined mother only wanting what was best for her child - to even go without if necessary.. A package deal - all or none !

Something About Joe is a delightful and heartfelt romance between two unlikely people who complemented each other to perfection. Both from different worlds - like yin and yang - they say opposites attract and this is certainly that!

I'd give ** Something about Joe** more than 5 stars if I could and it's worth more than its listed price of -99 cents!!! You will pick up your reader, have devoured it and realized that hours have gone past - placing your reader down and sighing - ;) in complete content !!

Wonderfully delivered,
5 1/2 star ;)
on October 4, 2012
Very slow book, I could not finish it , It was borning and not worth the download . This was free, not worth it
Having read Kandy Shepherd's books with dogs in them, I was surprised when I saw that Ms. Shepherd had two other releases I did not know about or had not read. I quickly remedied by getting the books. It turns out that "Something About Joe" is actually Ms. Shepherd's first book and that the e-book version is an updated avatar of it's previous self.

The chemistry between 27 year old male nanny Joe Martin and 32 year old banker Allison Bradley is hot! Allison is a high powered executive, but also the single mother of an adorable 18 month old little boy. Allison does not have a good impression of men as caretakers, so she doubts Joe's ability to take care of her son while she fights an intense attraction to him. Joe too is attracted to Allison, but knows he can't cross the boundary line between them. Both have legitimate reasons for their beliefs and are not sure how to vocalize to the other about how they feel.

Having read Kandy Shepherd's newer releases, it was interesting to read her first published piece, and see the differences between them. "Something About Joe" was very enjoyable and I look forward to reading more from her hopefully in the near future.