- File Size: 1139 KB
- Print Length: 279 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: December 4, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00QML0CTK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #14,513 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.95|
Save $9.96 (67%)
Something Worth Having Kindle Edition
|Length: 279 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
I was worried that this was going to be a book about cheating. But Melody was so much better than that and wanted more for herself. She had pride and self respect and she has finally had enough.
Mel and Aiden spend some time together on a long road trip and you can really feel her pain. Aiden just wants to keep things as they are and it's just too painful for Melody to go on any more. This is where the angst and frustration come in. I totally understood how Mel was feeling and I was cheering her on as she said "enough"!
***SOME SPOILERS BELOW***
What I liked:
1. All of the characters in this book were well written and were people I'd like to know in real life. They had real problems and handled them in a realistic way.
2. The writing was excellent. It brought out so many emotions in me. I may not have enjoyed the emotions but they were there. There is much more going on in this book than the drama with Mel and Aiden. And the author did a great job of drawing me in.
3. Melody and Aiden were really good friends. Aiden was kind, caring and sweet. He just had his head up his rear.
4. The author didn't sugar coat the challenges that Mel faced. And the way she handled her feelings about Aiden.
5. Mel has good friends in Dave and Jackie. They let her express her frustration with the situation and I was right there with her saying "you tell 'em Mel!" The writing was just so good.
What I didn't like:
1. Aiden was a totally wimp. He was happy to just let things stay as they were. He wanted to have it all. A body in Lynn, and a friend and confidant in Melody. And when she tried to tell him how he was hurting he her, he just couldn't get it. It was like talking to a brick wall. He wouldn't respect her wishes and couldn't see how much pain he was causing her. I wanted to strangle him.
2. The happy ever after doesn't come until the last few pages. Seriously, it's like the last 10 pages or so. And then Aiden finally mans up and has an honest conversation. And then it's just...over. I would have liked to have seen them be a couple for a while.
So overall, I enjoyed this book despite all the frustration it brought. It felt real to me. And I really did want to see these characters be happy. I give it 3 stars for the story and an extra star for the writing. 4 stars.
Melody and Aiden have known each other for years. They are probably closer to each other than any other person. The only problem is that Aiden has a girlfriend. Not that Melody was apprised of that fact in the very beginning, because he hadn't ever told her anything about his girlfriend, Lynn at that point. She didn't have a clue until Aiden invited her over for dinner one night, it was then that she was greeted by a woman named Lynn who introduced herself as Aiden's girlfriend. Naturally, Melody was totally shocked by that bit of information. After that night; Melody vowed to walk away for good, but Aiden wouldn't let her go without a fight. She did leave shortly afterward, but he had made sure they kept in touch through texts, e-mails, and occasional phone calls over the years.
Like the other reviewer stated above, I also feared this was going to be a case of adultry, but that's no where near the case in this story. I liked the fact that the author didn't gloss over the issues Melody was facing after being diagnosed with breast cancer, or the treatments that were involved. My husband had cancer, and had undergone surgery and radiation, so I know exactly what a person goes through first hand, and I also know how they feel going through it. So.....IMO- this author was spot on with her assessment of the situation, which leads me to believe that either she had done some extensive research, or someone she knew very closely had been through this kind of situation.
Both Melody and Aiden are totally messed up. For one: they both had big trust issues; issues that kept them both from fully trusting anyone, or kept them from opening their hearts to anyone that had the capablities to hurt them.
I love Aiden's friends, Jackie and Dave. I could find myself becoming good friends with any of these people. Their story both made me laugh and cry, and I would have never expected the story to take that kind of turn.
My only complaint, is that I would have loved to see a short epilogue at the end. They did find their beautiful HEA, but then it just ended. Call me selfish, but I wanted to know more about not only these two, but how Jackie was handling her loss.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy