Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 8, 2013
My son first told me that he was a bombaloo when he was in preschool. When I finally asked his teacher about it, she showed me this book. My son is sometimes out of control and has had a lot of issues with emotional regulation. This book is a great read for us. He still enjoys it at age 6. It shows the story of Katie Honors, a good kid, who uses good manners, cleans up her toys, and is a joy to her parents. But sometimes Katie is not Katie, sometimes she is Bombaloo. Bombaloo is an out of control, angry, and scared child. Bombaloo throws stuff and yells and is mean. When Katie is Katie again, she is sorry and she is a little scared, because being Bombaloo is scary. And it is. This book really struck a chord with me because my son once told me, after a huge tantrum, that he really didn't understand why he was so out of control and that he was sad and frightened when he acted that way. My son is a bombaloo much less often now, but this book is still a good reminder for me when I feel frustrated with him that sometimes he just needs a hug when I am least inclined to give him one, because behind every bombaloo is a good kid who is just a little lost for a moment. Another reviewer said that the pictures were too scary for her 2 and 5 year old. This book is probably not appropriate for a 2 year old, but my son discovered it when he was 3 or 4 in preschool, the pictures never scared him, nor do I see them as being especially frightening. He immediately connected with Katie and her story. I highly recommend it for parents of children with behavioral issues.
on March 3, 2014
I purchased to teach my students in my special education classroom. The book would be great as it explains that it is okay to be angry but it focuses so much more on the negative behaviors than on correcting that behavior. It is a highly recommended book by early childhood professionals. I do read it but then we talk about how to control our feelings/ or how to make other choices and that in the end... our children know they are loved.
on August 2, 2016
My daughter LOVES this book - we had borrowed it from the library but I bought one so she could have her own -- She's 4 and gets all bent out of shape and she seems to grasp the concept of the book - I like how it explains that being Bombaloo is scary because I know my daughter still deals with fear of her emotions when she gets out of control
on January 26, 2016
We love this book and read it to our son often. It is based on a something that a lot of kids can relate with, and we have even integrated "bombaloo" into our vocabulary in relationship to our son. He is able to recognize it immediately, and he can begin to regulate himself. Ultimately, it's about the fact that the child is always loved, which is the best part for us.

The pictures are unique and I love the way the text is placed.
on October 4, 2015
My daughter is Bombaloo. She became self conscious and destroyed the book in a fit, but it's wonderful that this exists. I wish the illustrations were a bit softer. She found them rather disturbing. Not just the pictures where she was mad. But if the girl was a little more realistic looking, it may make her more likable and easier to relate to.
on June 17, 2016
Great for emotionally-charged kids, like mine. It helps them understand that even great kids can have bad days and tantrums, but that they are still loved.
on July 25, 2014
What a helpful book! This story deals with anger and temper tantrums in an honest, complete way. The main character has a tantrum, and does a few harmful things, like knocking over her brother's blocks. The mother handles the situation in a very sensitive, supportive way and helps her to repair the damage she did. The illustrations perfectly capture the intensity of anger. I highly recommend this book for very family with children.
on June 7, 2016
This book is great. Very helpful in exploring the topic of frustration and anger, in a way that is easy for a preschooler to understand.
on February 9, 2010
I just must second, third or fourteenth all of the glowing reviews of this book. My 3 1/2 year-olds love it, one of them actually telling me it is his favorite book. It is so nice to see a book that identifies an emotion that we all find hard to deal with, no matter how old we are. And the Mom at the end of the book was a good example to me on how to deal with my children when they've gone "bombaloo". This is a keeper!
on July 21, 2016
It's a good book in terms of EQ or emotional intelligence when it comes to anger.

What lets this book down in the Kindle for iPad format is that I can best only use one quarter of the screen to view the book. That is when the iPad is upright. When the iPad is on its side this book only uses about 10% of the screen.