Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,102 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,252 reviews
on September 14, 2014
The movie Son of God is a good look at the life and death of Jesus Christ. If some of these scenes in the movie were taken from the History channel mini series The Bible then I plan to ask for The Bible mini series for Christmas. The good parts were the actor playing Jesus did a very good job in the role and many more actors were very good also. I still gave the movie a four star rating because of the acting, shots of the surrounding area of the location where they filmed the movie. I also enjoy almost all the movie because I was finishing the lines in the movie of the Bible qoutes. I am personally a Catholic and found the movie moving, powerful, but the scenes of Jesus 40 lashes and his death on the cross very intense and would not reconmend anyone watching this under a certain age. But I feel if your a truely believe in God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit then you will enjoy the movie and the message it contains threw the telling of Jesus life and death that he is the way and if we believe then we will be with him in the Kingdom of Heaven.
on August 4, 2014
I personally have not seen this movie, but I have an adopted son who lives in Pakistan that wanted to see this movie really badly so I purchased it here (at a nice price) and paid almost 3 times that amount to have it shipped to Pakistan. After 5 weeks of waiting, he finally received the movie this morning. Later today, I was trying to reach him and instead of writing me back, he just sent me a quick snapshot of his face. I could tell something wasn't quite right and asked what was wrong. He told me he was crying. The movie touched his heart so much that he was in tears. His little niece (5 yrs) was sitting on his lap watching with him and he told me she had her hands together in the praying position and just kept saying, "Jesus, Jesus" over and over. Even though I haven't seen it myself, it brings me great joy to know that this movie means so much to someone like him. He has plans to create a public event and show this movie so that many people will have the opportunity to come to know Jesus. That is priceless to me.
on July 12, 2015
A wonderful modern movie about Jesus, His life, His teachings, and His death on the cross. I think all people not just Christians, should see this movie and perhaps believe in Jesus I think all people not just Christians, should see this movie and perhaps believe. A great family movie that should be seen by all as Jesus is our Lord God and Savior, I bou A great family movie that should be seen by all as Jesus is our Lord God and Savior. I bought this movie as soon as it came out and I loved it. This movie it was also produced by the same people that did the Bible series which I al as soon as it came out and I loved it. This movie it was also produced by the same people that did the Bible also purchased which gives a wonderful series about the beginning of the world, yhr purchased which gives a wonderful series about the beginning of the world through the Old Testament and the New Testament with Jesus. A very interesting and educational movie about the Bible. Both of these movies are wonderful.
Where Ever Two Or More Are Gathered In Prayer In My Name, I Will Be With You !!

God I Loved This Movie. You Can't Get Any Better Than This.

If You Have Not Seen This Movie. Then It Would Be Worth you While To Give This One Movie A Good View Over And Over,

Because You Just Can't Get Enough Of A Good Thing !!
on February 20, 2015
Themes: Jesus was the Son of Man. Cultural aspects were in line with Catholic tradition. Main theme was the Kingdom of God and that Jesus was the Messiah to bring about the Kingdom of God. Jesus is merciful, friend to the poor, has great compassion and love for the people.
Purpose for the audience: To show that Jesus was God in the flesh who came to dwell with us. It demonstrates that Jesus was for all people and not just the Jews. It also brought in the idea that Mary and Jesus knew his mission and fate all along.
Historical prospective: The movie follows St. John very closely, but does not give the whole account of his ministry. Clearly demonstrates the brutality of Roman rule. People are oppressed and occupied and if anyone spoke against them they were killed. It showed the soldiers moving a cart out of Pilates path that killed a boy on it. It also demonstrates the Pharisee’s plan to stop him from interfering with the Passover and the great length sought to discredit Jesus.
The movie covers before Jesus was born - after his resurrection.
on February 24, 2017
As a born again believer I found this movie portrays Jesus humanness. He walked the earth as a man. So many think He walked the earth as God. Only by Him overcoming sin could He have redeemed us. I thought Diago was great as well as the disciples & rest of cast. Great movie for believers & non believers.
on February 28, 2015
Five stars because it touches one's heart. It is what it is... a well-done but somewhat simplistic view of a very profound event. But how can any movie convey years with power and accuracy of such an event? It's like taking a photo of a majestic mountain; when seen later, it has lost it's raw power. Saying that, I found it a great and uplifting movie. Very enjoyable to remind us of what we already know and love about the story. A great start for further discussion. This movie can be the spark for a beginning of a lifelong journey. Another movie, "The Passion of the Christ" took only a Biblical chapter and thus could convey some of the power and develop details and characters. Enjoy Son of God and let it's story speak to you. A perfect review (at least for me) is at http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/february-web-only/son-of-god.html.
on April 26, 2017
I loved how Jesus was portrayed in this version. Cried through most of it out of joy and then deep sadness. It isn't word for word Biblically, but felt that it was one of the most inspiring portrayals of Christ I've seen. Definitely will purchase for library and encourage others to watch.
Thank You for making Biblical movies!!! I pray we will see more like this in the future.
on September 14, 2017
This might be my favorite take on Christ's life in film version to date. Jesus of Nazareth is a longstanding favorite in my family but Son of God is simply incredible. The acting, the music, and overall production quality are top notch. Highly recommend! Peace all :)
on September 19, 2014
I never saw any of the TV broadcast of The Bible mini-series, so the film was new to me and I have no complaint on that count. On the whole this was a solidly-made, well-acted and well-written adaptation of the Gospel accounts. My number one praise of course is that it doesn't water down or cover over the plain historical record of who Jesus was & is -- none of that "great human teacher" nonsense here. Other standout positives include Judas' motive for his betrayal; it's very believable to have Judas sitting on the fence between the concerns of this world and the hope of the one to come. And the characterization of Pilate is by far the most realistic I've seen yet. Granted, what we see of him in the Gospels can make him come across as a weak-willed appeaser... but people like that didn't exactly rise to high places in the Roman Empire. This movie gives us a Pilate that you don't dare cross or screw around with. He sends Jesus to the cross not out of cowering timidity, but brutally pragmatic apathy. "They'll forget about him in a week" are his final dismissive words when his wife pleads on Jesus' behalf.

The only reason I drop it to 4 stars are some small but bothersome 'misses', mostly near the start of the film. Peter's call becomes a private conversation instead of occurring in the context of a public event, without any apparent reason for the change. And when he asks Jesus what they're going to do, Jesus' answer is "Change the world." Sorry -- fail. Jesus' teaching was plain that "the world" was always opposed to Him and always would be. "Save the lost sheep of Israel," or "Build an eternal kingdom", would have been far better and more accurate. Another minor miss was the through-the-roof incident; as played out on screen, Jesus was outside and there was plenty of space to bring in the paralyzed man, so the roof breakthrough looked pointless and silly.

That said, some bits of artistic license worked wonderfully. I loved the way they merged Jesus' parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector, in with His calling of Matthew -- under the surface, playing it as though Jesus was relating an actual recent event in Matthew's life. Why does this adaptation of the history work? Simply because it affirms and strengthens the key Gospel themes of repentance, forgiveness, grace, and most of all who Jesus is... He didn't have to be there in the synagogue when it happened, He simply KNEW.

So on the whole, not perfect but even so I highly recommend it.