Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 907 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,112 reviews
on November 21, 2016
A MUST read book!!!
I was very fortunate to meet the guy at a lecture.
I bought few copies of the book so I can give them to people as gifts!!
This man's story is nothing short of astonishing. To read how the Lord moved, in his complicated and dangerous life, to lead him to Him was thrilling to read. He was granted Political Asylum in the U.S. (God bless America!) and, as far as I know, is still residing there in relative safety (there are many who wish to see him dead). I pray this man's story would reach many, and that many hearts would be changed.
Every western civilization person must read the book!!
on March 28, 2015
IFall of the story is true, especially the espionage ventures, it is an amazing and fascinating story. If the espionage or any other parts are fiction, it is still a great read. I did research on the web and there is a lot of controversy, heavy on the negative side expressing doubt as to the veracity of the stories within the book. I have neither the time or money to research it further and probably would never be able to get conclusive answers since government agencies and terrorist groups are involved - both casting aspersions at each other. That does not diminish the book which is a real page-turner - you wonder with every chapter: "Wow, how will he get out of THIS?"
on October 29, 2014
Mosab Hassan Yousef has written one of the most unique and incredible spiritual memoirs of our time. As the son of Sheikh Hassan Yousef, the spiritual patriarch of Hamas, Mossab was an unlikely candidate for either a Christian conversion or to become a spokesman for peace in the Israel/Palestine conflict. Indeed, Mossab was destined for a life of violence and bitterness when a chance encounter with a missionary led him to make a life-changing commitment to Jesus Christ. This decision sent shock waves through the Hamas hierarchy forcing Mosab to escape his family and seek asylum in the United States. His memoir covers his early life, his impressions of his father, his often bitter encounters with Israeli security forces, his experience in Israeli jails and as an Israeli agent working inside Hamas, and finally, his escape through Jordan to the United States. His conversion to Christianity is one of the most powerful redemption stories you will ever read. It was the epiphany he needed to objectively see the bitterness, hatred and hopelessness suffered by all sides in the Israeli-Palestinian struggle. This book won't be popular with Muslims, nominal Christians or Jews as Mosab proposes the only solution that is tenable -- a spiritual change of heart through the life-changing power of Jesus Christ that can make Muslim, Christian and Jew all one in Christ. But you won't find a better book to understand the dilemma of the Israeli-Palestine conflict and the inner workings of Hamas and the Israeli security forces. For that reason alone this book is highly recommended. I also recommend a similar book called Once an Arafat Man by Tass Saada -- a spiritual memoir written by an insider on the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) side of the conflict -- as a companion book to Son of Hamas. Read one or both of these books -- You will not be disappointed.
on October 28, 2016
This book was one of the best biographies I have read in a long time. I mean imagine that we get to see these events through the life of a child of one of the original founding members of Hamas! I couldn't put this book down. A lot of times I had to remember that this was not a work of fiction that's how crazy it was. Mosab is a very like-able guy and a man of great courage. This book is not a history book, but it is one man's perspective of the events he was involved in. It was truly a fantastic read and just wet my appetite about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, that I hope to not be so ignorant about in the future!
on August 23, 2017
I have cautioned people, for years, about the inconsistencies of the Qu'ran. This book should be a must read to bring light to the horrors that are being committed by these lies. What was shocking to learn that the Palestinian Authority (PA) had few real followers and that many were democrats and communist. And that Hamas inhumane treatment of their own inside prisons should be a warring to anyone who believes this is right. One of the world's biggest mass murderer is Maher Odeh. At the end of the book, Mr. Yousef sees Odeh walking down the street in Southern California. I think some immigration reform is in need.
on September 8, 2016
I purchased this book 5 years ago. I finally read the book this week because I have a son who loves Jesus and Muslims and wants to devote his life to sharing The message of Jesus Christ with Muslims. I totally appreciate the transparency and testimony of the author. And I pray the Lord will bless him and keep him as he continues to fight for peace in the Middle East.
on July 25, 2016
I saw this young man speaking from a video on Facebook. I was so impressed by his intelligence that I searched for his book. Now having read it, I am also impressed by his courage and his faith in Jesus Christ. Surely God has raised up this man to do great things for peace. I encourage anyone concerned about the Middle East conflicts to read this book.
No matter what your view of the issues in the Middle East I think that this is a "must" read for anyone who wants to understand our world a bit better. I found the book so interesting that I read it in two sittings. I don't know if I would have agreed with everything I read, but I was intrigued by what an insider has to say about life in Israel, the Gaza Strip and running from the Jewish Police as well as the maj'd of Hamas.

I personally found the short historical review of Hamas at the beginning of the book highly useful. It very quickly gave you a good thumb nail sketch of Hamas and Palestinians. I appreciated the fact that it pointed out that most Palestinians are peaceful people, just like every other culture in the world. The problem is that the radical / terrorist side of Palestinians is so "in your face" with what they do that we can't help but dislike them. We fear them. We want to see them defeated.

Yet, I found that the book helped me to see the "real" people that are caught up in the larger picture of the Middle East. Families that are torn apart. Young men who are profiled and then treated poorly just because of where they live.

Probably the biggest surprise was reading about the life of peace and religion that a leader of Hamas lead before eventually turning to the more aggressive / terrorist side of Islam.

This book caused me to stop and think. I believe that as you read it you need to read it with a very open mind. If you have any compassion for people you will find that you gain a good perspective of Palestinians and can't help but be left with a feeling of despair on how to show compassion to Muslims, Christians and Jews without taking sides.

Enjoy the read.
on November 2, 2016
I was privileged last spring to hear Mosab Hassan Yousef speak about his evolution from an honored place in the “Palestinian” world as the eldest son of one of the founders of the terrorist organization Hamas to an agent of Israel’s Shin Bet intelligence service to Christian refugee in the United States. I chose to read his book because I hungered for more details and a better understanding of his role in helping Israel combat Hamas-inspired terrorism and to better understand the basis of his rejection of Islam and his conversion to Christianity.

No doubt many “Palestinians” since the decision 68 years ago by Arab religious and political leaders to attempt to destroy the nascent state of Israel have questioned the logic and efficaciousness of violence as a means to achieve their goals, but only someone in a protect position in that society, which as the eldest son of one of Hamas’ founders Mosab Yousef had––has a realistic opportunity to break with Islam and the way it has been employed against Israel.

I say that because the average Arab resident of Judea and Samaria (the West Bank) or Gaza who deviates in the slightest from the dominant religious and political environment created by Hamas, the PLO and the other factions is inviting his or her death without trial. Many have been killed as collaborators based on unproven charges and a rival’s false testimony. Many have been killed for having a conversation with a Jew or doing business with Jews. Mosab, however, was above suspicion and therefore could choose a path of personal redemption while being true to his evolving religious beliefs.

I won’t try to summarize his story because every American who cares about the situation in the Holy Land, in Israel, in the Middle East—whatever name you want to apply to that part of the world should read this book. To do so will teach you a great deal about Islam and its application by the Arab population, about Arab culture, and about the ends to which Israel has gone at times to combat terrorism.

Above all this is a story of one man’s great devotion to family and friendship, of a commitment to a value system that rejects hate and killing, and of courage under incredible danger. Readers will find themselves inspired that such a person could accomplish what this young man has accomplished. You will want to share your copy of this book with friends and family.
on August 10, 2016
A must read. Captivating, factual. Read what really goes on and learn more about the workings of our world and especially terrorism in the Middle East and even around the globe.