Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Song of Myself: and Other Poems by Walt Whitman
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

75%
25%
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 4, 2012
Hated poetry most of my life until recently. And I'm not saying I'm still poetry's #1 fan, but what I can say it that Walt Whitman is an amazing author. I can't imagine anyone calling themselves a poet or a writer without knowing or owning a Walk Whitman book. Yes, I recommend.
on March 28, 2014
This is an excellent edition of the great poem, "Song of Myself." Both the 1856 and the last 1880's editions are printed in their entirety - a rare finding. The text and typeface are clear. There is plenty of white space making the poem uncrowded on the pages, leaving room for personal notes. The two editions of the poem different significantly, reflecting the passage of some years both on the part of the poet and of the Nation.

The introductory material is quite good and helps to explain some of the difficulties of the poem.

Note, this is just "Song of Myself" in 2 editions. This is not the entire "Leaves of Grass" which contains most of Whitman's poetic production.

I bought the book to go along with the University of Iowa's web course on the poem, and it filled all of my needs of that course.

For lovers of "Song of Myself" this is a very good buy.
on February 18, 2015
perfecto!
on April 7, 2013
This book was required for a class. It was interesting and I am glad I could buy it at a good price. It was okay.