Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 121 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 160 reviews
on December 7, 2012
I bought this book to read with my toddler before Christmas. She has been engaged in the lovely pictures and points to each animal on each page ("Fox! Fish! Moose." Well, it isn't a moose, but she doesn't know "ox" yet.) I love to read it because the language is so beautiful and the message is so lovely. I appreciate that this version of the Christmas story doesn't tell the exact story we've all heard...instead, it speaks to the anticipation the world feels. It ends with Baby Jesus, but I think for little ones who can't understand all the politics of the human Christmas story, the idea that even the animals were excited can help make the connection.

We are not a super religious family, more spiritual and non-literal, so this Christmas story works well for me.

I LOVE this book, and am buying it for my friends with little ones too.
on January 27, 2016
This may very well be the best children's Christmas book ever written. My 4-year-old grandson loved it, and so did all my adult friends who got to see it before I gave it to him. This is a Nativity story like no other, poetically depicting the excited anticipation of all creation for the arrival of the Savior of the world. Both the words and the illustrations are breathtaking. I recommend this book highly-- get one for any beloved child in your life, and order another one to keep for yourself!
on February 19, 2012
We bought this book to read in church this last Christmas and it was a huge hit. The artwork is extremely beautiful. The story isn't "biblical" per se, it's mostly about how the entire world was anticipating the birth of Jesus. Let me just add if you have not seen Sally Lloyd Jones's storybook bible - that is certainly a must buy as well.
on April 25, 2017
Sweet book--used in church Christmas story time.
on April 21, 2014
Similar to many Christmas stories of animals anticipating or viewing the Nativity, EXCEPT what I loved was the variety. Rather than the usual donkey, sheep, and dove, there are (many named and many more pictured) owls, insects, bears, otters, salmon, sandpipers... creatures from all over the world. The language is evocative and poetic- "the waves that roared it to the great white whales that sang it to the starfish in the deep". The illustrations show the animals rather elongated and have a crackled painting look, nice rich color; I'd have preferred it to be a bit more realistic and less stylized for a child's book, but all in all a beautiful book with a lot to look at.
on April 8, 2017
An awesome Christmas book.
on January 1, 2017
Beautiful story and illustrations! I read this for my church's Christmas story for the children. It was easy to keep the children's attention, even though the story is familiar because the wording and illustrations were so unique. Even the adults told me afterward that they enjoyed listening to this read aloud.
on January 19, 2016
Beautifully illustrated and a wonderful message of hope and love and joy. This was my daughters' favorite Christmas book this year. Special and beautiful!
on January 19, 2016
I love books written by Sally Lloyd-Jones. This was a very wonderful book. It is a beautiful book. The art work is wonderful and will thrill young children. Sally Lloyd-Jones is a wonderful writer. I have purchased many of her books and the Jesus Story Book Bible. Love them all. I love to give them as gifts. Her story telling and theology is outstanding. Highly recommend anything she writes.
on December 5, 2013
Not only does this book tell a beautiful story of all of nature looking forward to and welcoming the Savior, but it has wonderful artwork with it's own unique style. Our sons loved all the different animals they found throughout the book. Highly recommended!