Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Songs of Anarchy: Music from Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-4
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 30, 2011
Dear Music Appreciators,

More highly rated than hits like THE SHIELD, NIP/TUCK, and RESCUE ME, SONS OF ANARCHY is a popular television show on FX about an outlaw motorcycle club, but you don't have to be a fan of the show or an outlaw biker to enjoy this album, though I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if you were either one of those things.

This release is notable for combining music from each of three previous iTunes only EPs into one album. If you're new to SONS OF ANARCHY then keep in mind each of these tracks was recorded for the show and the familiar songs are all cover versions. Good cover versions. But some are not straight covers - the Spanish version of Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin' for example...

If you love rock music (both slow and fast) and you don't mind hearing a talented actress and musicians (such as Curtis Stigers, Anvil, or Alison Mosshart) join together to bring some California biker flavored feeling to classics from the likes of Bob Dylan, Neil Young, CCR, The Who, and The Stones, then you should give this one a try.

Sincerely,

Constant Listener
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2011
Love this soundtrack! Thank you Kurt Sutter for giving us something to get us through until Season 5. Like another reviewer I wish "Mary" would have been included. Every time I hear that song I am reminded of Gemma's story and tears well up in my eyes. This show is by far the best show on television and this CD is going to all of my family members for Christmas who love SOA. LOVE "John the Revelator" and "Hey Hey, My My." When can we get another one? Rock on Kurt and keep up the brilliant writing!
on December 7, 2011
I am sure it was hard to pick which songs would make the CD after 4 seasons. I like it but I feel it could have been better. I really wanted to hear No Milk Today & Coal War by The Forest Rangers and Mary by Patty Griffin. Maybe we can hope for a Volume 2. You do not have to be a fan of the show to enjoy the music.
on June 1, 2013
Music goes so well with the episodes, I really enjoy listening to the CD now that I have watch all the series.
Lyrics really make you relate with the happenings of the episodes.
on May 26, 2013
I listen to this CD at least once if not twice a day. Love the music choices. Katy Sagal sings a few songs on this CD and she is wonderful. I recommend you buy this asap.
on June 27, 2016
I wasn't sure what I would think of this CD. I even warned my wife that some of the music may not be of her liking but guess what, we love it. I think the covers on the songs we would all recognize really does the song justice. Great, great, great!!!
on January 13, 2015
if you loved the show you have to love the music. this is just one part of the songs more will come out. it would be better if all the songs could be released on a couple disk, that way you would have the whole show thats a fact..
on January 11, 2016
I bought the Volume 2 & 3 double LP over the holidays, so I figured I would seek out Volume 1. It was rec'd in great condition, sounds awesome as I expected. Some really great music on these SOA soundtracks! Also thanks to Amazon for offering the MP3 audio rip, since it doesn't come with a MP3 download card.
on January 31, 2016
I never watched the show, but I love this music. These are all covers, but they're different enough (in a good way) from the originals that it is worth a purchase, especially if you like bluesy rock. Favorites are "Strange Fruit," "Bird on a Wire," "Son of a Preacher Man," and both versions of "House of the Rising Sun," but they're all good!
on January 4, 2015
Some folks will like this album and I do listen to it occasionally, but I found it to be inconsistent and very uneven. I guess if you could remember how each song relates to the show, it would flow better. But after 7 seasons it's tough to match each track to each episode. So, in my opinion, the CD by itself is just average.