Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
According to my iTunes, Sovereign Grace Music is by far the most-oftened played tracks in my music collection. The songs on Songs for the Cross Centered Life help me do exactly what CJ Mahaney suggests that music do in his book The Cross Centered Life, "Sing about the cross...with songs and hymns that speak of the cross with clarity and power."According to my iTunes, Sovereign Grace Music is by far the most-oftened played tracks in my music collection. The songs on Songs for the Cross Centered Life help me do exactly what CJ Mahaney suggests that music do in his book The Cross Centered Life, "Sing about the cross...with songs and hymns that speak of the cross with clarity and power." My wife lovingly bought this CD for me for my birthday. I was elated and popped it in...the first two songs--"The Gospel Song" and "The Glories of Calvary"--were new and I loved them. I even repeated "The Glories of Calvary" before moving on. The thing is, from there on out there are only 5 more out of the remaining 12 tracks are new. The rest are already in my collection from other Sovereign Grace Music albums. I really wish that some more time had been taken to get some additional songs new songs on the album.

Nevertheless, if you do not own all of the Sovereign Grace Music CDs, this is an excellent place to start. I hope that this CD would quickly rise to a favorite place in your collection as the Words of each and every song truly are cross-centered and are written in a way that I have never seen outside of Sovereign Grace that shepherds your heart into God's presence each and every time you sing them.

Thanks again, Sovereign Grace, for another collection of awesome songs.
[...]
on January 5, 2016
Sovereign Grace music "does it" again! When I first listened there were a couple of songs that stood out to me, that I loved the most, like "I will Glory in my Redeemer," which is the most glorious rendition I have ever heard (seriously). But, all of the songs are growing on me, with the variety of musical styles - b/c the main thing is they help me get caught up in worship of the Creator, in Whose Name they are offered.
on June 26, 2012
I was not initially impressed with this record, but the more I listened to it, and really got to know the songs, the more God spoke through it. I now absolutely love these songs. This is a wonderful collection of songs designed to focus us on the cross of Jesus Christ and everything it means for us. The songs remind us of the blessings we have in Christ because of the cross, the duty we have to live for Him alone, and the encouragement we gain from His love poured out on the cross for us. You can probably find more technically-proficient music out there, but the lyrics and spirit of this collection of songs is unmatched.
on April 6, 2016
This is one of our favorite albums from SGM
on June 4, 2014
Great Christ glorifying music, if you have lost your focus on the savior, get this! I plan on purchasing a lot more music from sovereign grace
on February 11, 2012
This cd was recommended in someone's list. It is Christ-centered, and sound in doctrine for the most part, which is sorely lacking in much so-called Christian music.
on March 3, 2015
Not quite what I expected. I was looking for a specific style of worship music, and this wasn't it. This doesn't say anything bad about the CD however.
on July 1, 2009
A collection of modern hymns can be viewed from several different angles. How are the songs themselves, simply as melodies and words one might use in corporate worship? How are these particular versions of the songs, taking into additional consideration the arrangements and performances? Viewed from this second vantage point, Songs for the Cross-Centered Live is just OK. Nothing detestable, nothing exceptional in the vocals, orchestration, or musicianship. It's acoustic pop MOR adult contemporary at its MORest, suitable for all the soccer moms who fund Christian radio around the country. Nothing wrong with that; it is what it is.

The real value of this CD is that it collects some excellent contemporary hymns about Christ's atoning work, a sadly under-represented theme in church singing today, if the CCLI song charts are any indication. "Before the Throne of God" is the one with which I was most familiar. This version is quite slow for my preference, but it's still an outstanding song. "Wonderful Savior" and "This Fathomless Love" and "I Come By the Blood" deserve serious consideration as well. This is the kind of music Christians need to patronize to get church music out of the "seven words sung eleven times" ghetto of trite and thoughtless worship music.