Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on November 1, 2011
With Fleetwood Mac as my number one musical group and "Go Your Own Way" as one of my two all time favorite songs, I've greatly anticipated the arrival today of this Blu-ray when it was announced back in September. Having attended many of their live concert performances and owning a multitude of the group or individual member's performances on LP's, CD's, Laserdisc, DVD and now Blu-ray through the decades, I am quite familiar with Lindsey's musical contributions.

Recorded at the Saban Theater in Beverly Hills, CA, this is a wonderfully intimate theater of 1900 seats offers the perfect venue for what is a solo performance by Lindsey for 1/3 of the set (6 songs out of the 19 total) running 1 hour 47 minutes. Sonically, it is Lindsey and his variety of guitars at their peak both in performance and recording. 5.1 DTS HD Master lossless audio without compression is on full display during his solo performances with a sample of the available dynamic range on "Never Going Back Again." Lindsey's vocals and his guitar plucks & twangs are solidly spread across the front soundstage with the surrounds limited to immersing the listener among the concert attendees who's every comment can be heard loud and very clear. As the 3 members of his band contributes their talents starting with the 6th track of "Under the Skin", the surround channels fill with the added vocals and instrumentals expanding the already spectacular sound stage to totally encompass the listener.

Visually, the dynamic range here is every bit as broad as the sound going from the Blackest Black backgrounds during each of Lindsey's solo performances to the absolute peak Whites when the high intensity stage lights are aimed directly into the camera's lens. The latter causes some slight banding that is understandable due to the lighting conditions involved but certainly doesn't take away from the overall quality of the high definition recording. Again due to the artistic choices made for the stage lighting, wide shots from the balcony are more limited in detail than what many might be accustomed to on other recordings. Go in tight and the available video resolution is all on display best evidenced on the song "I'm So Afraid" where you cannot only see the beads of sweat back lit, dripping off Lindsey's forehead but individual specks of dust floating in the air on stage as well. Close ups on his fingers at work (Lindsey's guitar skills fully on display in tight close ups also on "I'm So Afraid") on the strings clearly reveal the many years of wear and tear on the necks of his guitars with swirl marks and microscopic scratches catching the spot lights clearly visible on a number of his many different guitar bodies.

As familiar as I am with Lindsey's performances of many of his past songs, the new interpretations here are very nicely done and different enough to sound fresh again. Add in some of the new songs from his latest "Seeds We Sow" CD that I found remarkably commercial (End of Time, In Our Own Time) along with views from the best seats in the house that allowed me to watch Lindsey's skill with a guitar up close and personal, this Blu-ray concert is a must own for any of his (or Fleetwood Mac) fans. For others who are simply looking for that great sounding demo disc to show off their home theater system, this audio mix by Lindsey Buckingham & Neal Heywood will impress with its clarity, dynamic range and ability to reveal what a single gifted singer backed only by his guitar is able to produce.
on November 3, 2011
Like a few other individuals who have posted here, I was able to see Lindsey Buckingham live in concert this year. The experience was unbelievable - Lindsey is extremely underrated as a guitarist, and as I found out from the show, really should be considered the heart and soul of Fleetwood Mac - without him, I seriously doubt they would have had the same level of success.

This Blu-ray is a must own for anyone who is a Lindsey Buckingham fan (or a fan of Fleetwood Mac). The sound quality is just remarkable, and the fact that the set list is identical to what I saw in concert really allowed me to experience that night all over again. There is ample punch with the bass guitars / drums, but also extremely crisp highs showcasing Lindsey's picking skills. You will see several close-ups of the guitar throughout the performance, and his skill is no more evident than on the track 'Never Going Back Again.' The highlight of the performance does come from some of the older songs such as 'Go Your Own Way', but I definitely have new favorites in some of the new songs 'In Our Own Time' and 'End of Time.'

As a music fan, I also purchased his new CD 'Seeds We Sow', and while it is still very enjoyable, I must say that I prefer the new songs from this Blu-ray. Lindsey tends to use some sort of audio filter / manipulation on his audio CDs that allow his voice to come off differently than it does in concert and I have yet to figure out why. The audio from the concert tops the album CD without question. If you end up purchasing this, you will not be disappointed, it's one of the best concert experiences I own.
on October 1, 2011
I was at this concert. It was a one night only, special gig, filmed at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills, April 22, 2011.
I expected an amazing show, but even so, had no idea it would be THAT GOOD!!! Lindsey just gets better and better, and this performance far exceeded my already high expectations. It was simply jaw-dropping good!!

Lindsey did NOT disappoint! His voice was in top form - so strong and emotional. His playing...phenomenal as always! A once in a lifetime show I will never forget. Lindsey puts on a concert like no other, and it's a shame more people don't know it. This concert will blow you away! If you like his new album, you will love those songs played live. Lindsey is a whole other beast in his live shows.

Besides the stunning versions of his new songs, he of course plays some of his hits from Fleetwood Mac, as well as gems from all of his previous albums. He's a master of both electric and acoustic, with a mesmerizing style all his own - and he showcase it all in this beautiful concert. He begins the concert all alone, with just his guitar for the first six songs. Then he brings on his tight band of three Brett Tuggle - keyboards, guitars, backing vocals; Neal Heywood - guitars, backing vocals; Walfreo Reyes - drums/percussion ). They're a really great band, and it's hard to believe so much sound and energy comes from just the 4 musicians! The guys are pros, and they definitely know how to play!!

If you love great guitar, great songwriting, or just love a fantastic show put on by a tremendously talented man...you'll want to get this DVD!! Lindsey holds nothing back. A true artist who gives you his heart and soul every time he performs.

Here's the set list:

"Second Hand News"
"Tusk"
"Stars Are Crazy"
"End of Time"
"That's the Way Love Goes"
"I'm So Afraid"
"Go Your Own Way"
"Turn It On"
"Treason"
"Seeds We Sow"

This concert is available on DVD, or Blu-ray, and also a DVD/CD combo. All of the songs are also on the CD, except for "Go Insane", "Turn It On", and "Treason".

*** Additionally, as it's been brought up in comments to another review, I just want to stress that this concert was professionally filmed, and is a legit release. The Lindsey Buckingham/ Little Big Town DVD is a boot - and a crappy one at that. Too bad, 'cause it was a great show, and I don't know why CMT or the artists don't make an official release. However, this isn't a boot. Lindsey is releasing this. Obviously, I can't guarantee the quality because it hasn't been released yet, BUT, there is no reason to expect it to be any less than his other two legit release - Soundstage and Bass Hall. Actually it should be better, especially if you get the Blu-ray
55 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2015
There's a previous acoustic show out there (Live from the Bass Hall) that is a nice representation of a Buckingham solo guitar show. Such a show is a great one to go to.

This disc is the best of both acoustic and electric Lindsey. It's pretty obvious he expected this to be for posterity. It's beautifully recorded, filmed and sounds great.

For the first 6 songs, you get the acoustic show, with Buckingham at his solo best. Then he brings out the band and does some blistering versions of old favorites, along with great performances of solo works and stuff from the new album (Seeds We Sow).

Extras, he does a fascinating extended interview with a deep dive into Fleetwood Mac history and his own creativity.

If you like Fleetwood Mac, you'll love this show.

As concert videos go, God bless whoever filmed this. It's visually fascinating too. Whenever you want to see what he's doing with his guitar, you get to see.
on October 18, 2011
Just watched this on Palladia. We saw Lindsey in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago on the same tour with the same set list. The concert was fantastic! I am still on a Lindsey Buckingham high. He is terribly under-rated in my opinion. He is the talent in Fleetwood Mac. The songs from his new album are amazing. Buy this concert DVD, you will not be disappointed.
on November 7, 2011
I will throw my two cents into the pot here and add another 5 star review. This really is a great show and the new stuff on this CD is really enjoyable. I purchased the DVD/CD combo and it's great to have the CD for the car and to easily transfer to an iPod or PC. My only small complaint with this DVD is the the set list has an awful lot of tracks included in his two other DVD's. This review is supposed to be about this disc, so I do give it five stars, but would have taken off a star for variey if reviewing all of the DVD's together. His last DVD for example (Live from Bass Hall) from only a couple years back includes several of these same songs. Of 19 songs on this DVD, almost half - "Shut Us Down", Go Insane, Big Love, Trouble, Never Going Back Again, Second Hand News, Go Your Own Way, Under The Skin and I'm So Afraid are all repeated. A couple of great songs from his 1993 CD are included however and sound great ("Turn It On" and "All My Sorrows"), it would have been a real treat to have a few more of those.
on July 16, 2017
Just ok!
on May 11, 2014
I'm very disappointed with this one. i don't like the Small Machine. Lindsay is so self centered he talks about himself & his family in between each song. What a swelled head. I'm also not thrilled with the sound either.
on January 18, 2012
An iconic musician in his 45th year of entertaining, Lindsey doesn't disappoint with his signature melodies. Amazing plucking & heartfelt lyrics made the show worthwhile. I danced around our house after landing the 4th row seats. Only a cameo by Stevie could have made it utter perfection! Certainly Lindsey's contribution to American rock will live on beyond him.
on August 30, 2016
he lacks a lot of base. good guitarist and every talented but not what I was expecting.