BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Songs in the Key of Life
Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 27, 2016
If the 70's had a shining moment outside of Disco this is where you would look. Stevie Wonder's double album love gift to his audience not only spiked the musical punch. Songs In The Key Of Life singlehandedly redefined how recording artists would work in the compositional kitchen of R&B music creating a fine dining experience for black music lovers of the era and beyond.
on November 15, 2014
Ever since I first heard Songs in the Key of Life -- more 'Funk Epic Poem' than 'album' -- I've loved its giant scale: 30 or so songs, danceable pop, stirring gospel, angry protest, instrumental jam, you name it. And almost every tune ended up being a huge hit. Great to listen to, because you never know which way it will turn next. NEVER predictable, always fun -- the rare album that you can 'half listen to' in the car or 'listen carefully to' after the kids hit the sack. Amazing.
on January 28, 2017
The sound is incredible! These BluRay audio discs are fantastic, and the remastering is so well done. If you know this album you know it is a masterpiece of writing and production. From a time when an album was like a good novel, this is like reading one of the finest pieces of literature ever!

Stevie's got several masterpieces, and this is one. Maybe the best full album Motown ever released. The non-hits are the best surprises. Buy with confidence.
on May 9, 2017
Most double albums have a lot of filler. This one does not. From the first song to the absolute last, this is perfection!
on May 19, 2015
. . . SIMPLY SPEAKING . . . YOU LIKE STEVIE, YOU'LL LIKE THIS AWESOME 2-CD & BONUS SONGS PACKAGE! FROM 1976, AFTER MOTOWN MOVED TO L.A. AND DUMPED DETROIT, STEVIE WONDER WAS ONE OF THE VERY FEW MOTOWN GREATS TO KEEP PRODUCING AND OUT-PERFORMING HIS PREVIOUS RECORDINGS YEAR AFTER YEAR . . . 'SONGS IN THE KEY OF (HIS) LIFE' JUST ABOUT ROUNDS-OUT HIS MUSIC, COMPOSING AND VOCAL CAREER. THIS CD SET HAS ALL THE VARIETIES AND MORE OF WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS DETROIT HOMEBOY. 'JUST BECAUSE A RECORD HAS A GROOVE, DON'T MAKE IT IN-THE-GROOVE!!' - - THIS ONE DOES!

. . . ENJOY.

. . . FRED K. WILLDERS
on June 14, 2009
I listened to the album wearing grooves in the grooves in college.
It brightened dingy walls with falling plaster and watermarked stains that held a kid that wanted to be an "artist." One who lost, turned into a teacher that seems a perpetual student. Stevie Wonder gave a set of songs that I can put on in times I'm utterly soundless to solutions and exhausted, waiting to get through, or slip by, and find myself inspired.
The songs are filled with love, "Wonder," I think the sheer appreciation for life, take a song like "Village Ghetto Land" it's such a statement on life for a child in a ghetto-how really has it changed? Tell me. I went to work in those ghettos. Without the violin serenades, minus the metronome of our actions and measured against our words, he's as ever simple genius here.
Would you be happy here, he asks in Renaissance flair? I think not.
I don't find you here.

Maybe "I Wish" is my favorite...hummm...maybe. The rhythm. Or Knocks me Off My Feet. it really is hard to pick.
But for me the album opens with Sir Duke. That's when I got kicked. It's just a feeling of the power of the music, its ability to bring you joy. What a tribute to his relationship to music.
Kids, let me assure you, like the music. Not all but some of my favorite Wonder years tunes are here. Joyful.
I just bought it again to replace the vinyl that skips and jumps. And wobbles like the owner.
And I hear records are returning. I hope they are.

I loved setting up my turntable with this one late nights painting.
Like the sound still.
Small review, insignificant reviewer, mighty musician.
on May 4, 2014
I was looking for another great Stevie Wonder CD, and boy did it get everything I was looking for and more. I have enjoyed the other Stevie Wonder CD's I bought, and play them on my CD player faithfully. "Songs in the Key of Life" is so great to listen to, that from the first time I played it I was even more impressed with Stevie Wonder's versatility in production, songwriting, and singing. I knew the Hits from the CD, but I was happily surprised to enjoy his experimentation and versatility in the other songs on the CD as well. I recommend this CD to anyone who loves great music as I do. Stevie Wonder's "Songs in the Key of Life" was everything I was searching for in great music and more.
on November 29, 2014
This album has always meant a great deal to me. I think it's the best album Stevie Wonder has ever made! The songs were all so beautifully written and the music so eloquently caressed the lyrics. I used to use many of the songs for music presentations with my students and then my album set disappeared. Then my husband bought me the cd and one of the discs disappeared again. So I checked Amazon and I am reunited once again with the album that impacted me as a high school graduate in 76'. Thank you Amazon! The music is on point and so was the price! **VERONICA MASON **
on June 9, 2017
Great CD. Fast mailing.
on July 21, 2017
This shouldn't need my two cents! The best!