Sonia Marsh is a "Gutsy" woman who can pack her carry-on and move to another country in one day. She's a motivational speaker who inspires her audiences to get out of their comfort zone and take a risk. She says everyone has a "My Gutsy Story®"; some just need a little help to uncover theirs. Her story, told in her travel memoir Freeways to Flip-Flops: A Family's Year of Gutsy Living on a Tropical Island, is about chucking it all and uprooting her family--with teenagers-- to reconnect on an island in Belize.
Her memoir has received 8 Awards at the:
* 2014 WINNER GOLD MEDAL at Readers' Favorite Awards
* 2013 London Book Festival,
* 2013 Los Angeles Book Festival,
* 2013 Great South West Book Festival,
* 1st Place, Gold Medal in "Autobiography/Memoir E-Lit Awards 2012/13
* 2nd Place, Silver Medal in "Travel Essay" E-Lit Awards 2012/13
* 2013 Paris Book Festival
* 2013 Hollywood Book Festival
Sonia is the founder of the "My Gutsy Story®" series and has published the first Anthology: My Gutsy Story® Anthology: True Stories of Love, Courage and Adventure From Around the World, which has been named a 2013 Benjamin Franklin Award Silver Honoree Winner.
Sonia has lived in many countries - Denmark, Nigeria, France, England, the U.S. and Belize - and she considers herself a citizen of the world. She holds a degree in environmental science from the University of East Anglia, U.K., and now lives in Southern California.