Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift Sets Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 214 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on August 24, 2016
Class game lover, passing on the classics to his son.

Long story short my son(5) got a change to play pac-man and had been asking me to play it nearly everyday. So I decide to get him a DS, so I head to my local game store, (not gamestop), and pick up a DS and what do they have playing on a console there? That's right, Sonic. My son immediately jumps on it and starts to play, sadly the store did not have a copy of this game for the DS, so here I am, buying a game that was published in 2010 for my son who was born in 2011, go figure.

Game worked great, shipping was actually faster than expected and I have had no problems with this item. I would definitely buy from them again!
on January 16, 2016
I got this too play on my 3DS on the ride to work. Pretty much exactly what I expected. Sonic 2 also allows you to play as Knuckles,, and has Save States, which is really nice! That game is incredibly hard without them. However there are no Save States with Sonic 3, which was disappointing. Also Sonic 3 hits lag at times which is a little weird and annoying, but not enough to detract too much from the game. It's not like there's much alternative for playing the original Sonic games on your handheld.
on January 29, 2016
Sonic used to be my favorite game, so when I found out there was a version for Nintendo ds I quickly bought it(for my son). I fiu d it a little more difficult to play on the ds than it used tobe on sega but some of that could just be that I'm not used to the ds. Also it was hard to get the game started. You have to start it at just the right time or it starts a demo mode. Also still can't figure out hiw to maje sonic spin in place and build up speed like you coyld do on the genisis.
All in all i still like it. My son is not real into it though.
After the failed attempt to bring The Sega Genesis Sonic classic in 2006 on Game Boy Advance with Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis, Sega finally got it right with Sonic classics collection for the DS.
Unlike Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis, The graphics stay unmodified and stay true to the original game. However there are 2 modifications, which aren't that big of a deal.

A. In the originals, When you got the Running Sneaker prize box, The music would play at a faster speed. Now, it's also at a higher pitch.
B. No 2 player options in Sonic 2 or sonic 3
AT least with this release, the game play and graphics stay true to their original Format

PROS
1. Sonic 2 and 3 with Knuckles come pre-unlocked, where as in Sonic Mega Collection Plus, you have to unlock them.
2. Save feature. Save, Exit out and start back up again
3. Unmodified game play and graphics

CONS
1. Sonic 3 without Knuckles - Here's my issue. Sonic Spinball should have taken it's place. On Sonic 3 without Knuckles, You can play as Sonic, Tails or Sonic With Tails. With Knuckles, these 3 options are still there. Knuckles is an additional 4th option. So Putting The standard Sonic 3 was a waste of space when Sonic Spinball could have easily taken place

2. Genesis Sonic titles only. Unlike Sonic Mega Collection Plus, That has Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Sega Master System titles, which were eventually re-issued as Sega Game gear titles. Considering a Disc probably holds more than a DS cartridge, this is an understandable con, but a con nonetheless.
3. No 2 player options in Sonic 2 or sonic 3. They could have made it possible via DS download play
4. Only the touch screen pauses the game - Kinda hard to get used to not pushing Start to pause.
5. Save feature requires you to start the entire stage over. Sonic Mega Collection Plus allows you start back up at the specific spot you saved at

With that being said, 4 Classic Sonic games on The DS, What more can you ask for?
on September 14, 2016
I love sonic and my kids enjoy this game as well. It's pretty much like the Sega Genesis versions, BUT I just wish these games would recognize the cheat codes. For example, when I try to activate the cheat code in sonic 1 (up, down, left, right, A, START) I hear the ring sound, but when I try to press A and START it just starts the game at the very first level, and Sonic 2 doesn't have the sound test menu where you input the code: 19, 65, 09 & 17 followed by the UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, A, START code at the main menu.
on August 15, 2016
This has sonic 1 through sonic and knuckles. Most important to me is that it also has all of the combinations of these with sonic and knuckles, so that Sonic 3 and Knuckles is playable. This is great because if you get all of the chaos emeralds and all of the super emeralds with Tails, then you can unlock Hyper Tails. Other sonic collections that I've looked at did not have this, so that makes this the best one I've seen. the only way it could be improved is if they could find a way to incorporate the DS's wireless multiplayer abilities to get two player back.
on May 8, 2014
I bought this for my three year old nephew. I chose this because unlike many onther games on the DS this didn't seem to require a lot of reading, he can't quite do that yet. According to my brother, he loves it, though he needs help on some parts.
on March 7, 2014
Pretty cool I remember playing these games when I was young a million years ago and playing it on my daughters dsi made me feel young again lol. its got all of them some people complained that it was just a demo I thought the same thing because you have to hit the start button not A or B but start and then you get to select what game you want its very fun my daughter loves it too she's eight. It is a little tricky at first because of the fact pushing A or B in the main menu will not start the game or take you out of preview mode but after you realize it you will be like duh and will never have another problem and the graphics are pretty cool its all four games plus a few extras and there just like the originals on Sega although there are the 4 games but there are a few extra choices you can play just like the originals or the updated versions great buy kids and adult both will enjoy so enjoy
on February 28, 2014
The Sonic Classic Collection is a very good port of the Sega games. It runs smoothly, and allows you to play the games as Knuckles as well. It's also possible to save at the beginning of each level in Sonic 2. I'd definitely recommend it to newcomers to the Sonic franchise and old fans as well.
on April 29, 2013
i bought this game for my four year old brother because i figured every child has to play Sonic and Mario without a doubt so he enjoyed this game so much i'm going to purchase him a Mario game to step his game up lol game worked perfectly and arrived on time thank you

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.