Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 80 reviews
on June 29, 2009
I was sort of disappointed when I read some of the reviews for Sonic Gems Collection, and I want to set something straight before I start the real review. These ARE gems, actually, because they were a big part of Sonic's history. If you don't like the new Sonic games, maybe you'll be more comfortable playing titles like Sonic R, Sonic CD, and Sonic the Fighters. I have both Sonic Mega Collection Plus and Sonic Gems Collection and I enjoy having both. I hope some people weren't expecting PS3 games.

Now that that's out of the way, I'll start with the games. Sonic the Fighters is EXTREMELY exclusive, unless you would want to get one of those big, bulky arcade machines. When I heard how good Sonic CD was, I felt like I was really missing out (I have an XP, it doesn't work for that) and the same with Sonic R. It also has Vectorman and Vectorman 2-I didn't play them yet, but I heard they were really good, so that's another plus in this game. This collection is very exclusive, and I would suggest any Sonic fan to buy it.
on April 22, 2017
Sonic CD is very fun, would recommend this just for that, but the other games on the disc are all pretty good as long as you give it enough time to get used to the different controls of each game.
on March 9, 2017
Backfilling collection, good condition
on March 14, 2011
Unlike most people who bought this for Sonic CD. I bought this for "Triple Trouble" and, "Tails Adventure". I used to have them for my game gear. I loved my Sonic game gear games. I had Sonic 2, Triple Trouble, Tails Adventure, Sonic Drift 2, Labyrinth, and Sonic Blast. I loved all of those game. The game doesn't include labyrinth, and Sonic Blast.

I think Sonic CD is a cool game. I didn't see the cool animated intro when I played the game though. Would love to see it again. I love Triple Trouble and Tails Adventure.

I didn't bother to play Sonic the Fighters. I don't think I would like it.
This is a very fun game. I now have all my favorite Sonic games. I had them when I was growing up. Get this game. You'll love it.
on July 24, 2017
Grandson loved it!
on April 22, 2014
My grandson loved it. It was in great condition.. I just wish the memory card was with it. Can't have everything.
on May 16, 2016
Sonic Gems is a great introduction to Sonic games perhaps you never heard of (anything other than Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic Adventure. We're talking retro.) The disk has rare gems like Sonic Fighter and Sonic Cd for those of you who never gave it a shot. They aren't the best, but I'm a bit of a Sonic Fanboy. I'll admit these games have their peeves, but I love the Sonic R soundtrack and in hindsight, I love what they were aiming at. The Sonic CD revamp is great since that means no Sega CD purchases and the control is much better. It's disorienting at times though. Sonic Fighter is a little relentless, and I could do without it honestly. I'm glad I was able to give it a run anyways. I owned this game before 'til my lil sister took it away when she moved, so I repurchased it for the soundtrack and Sonic CD.
on March 8, 2007
The reason i got this game was for Sonic CD. Without a doubt my favorite sonic game excluding the perfection that is Sonic and Knuckles 3. I used to play this game back on the PC when i used to have it. unfortunately i lost it and was overjoyed to hear it was remade for the gamecube. It plays flawlessly on my Wii and in 480p if you have component cables.

The gems collection contains Sonic R, A sonic fighting game (which is extremely fun and addicting, and surprisingly deep)and a couple others.

I would recommend this collection to any fans of the blue blur we all know and love. Relive the glory days of sonic in 2D.
on October 17, 2016
Just wish this was apart of the other Sonic Mega Collections.
on January 23, 2017
Very cool old retro games to play!!!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.