& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Each incarnation of Sonic in Sonic Generations comes complete with his trademark special move, Spin Dash and Spin Attack for Classic Sonic, and the Homing Attack and Sonic Boost for Modern Sonic.
- An innovative new interactive menu system allows for complete immersion in Sonic's universe with favorite characters and hidden treasures gradually being revealed throughout the game.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Sonic Generations is a single player Action Platforming game that blends 20 years of the adventures of Sega's iconic video game hedgehog into a single release not to be missed by longtime and new fans alike. Travel through time, sprinting through side-scrolling levels on a race for rings as you play as either the modern version of Sonic or one inspired by classic game releases on Sega specific gaming consoles from the past. Additional features include: levels inspired by Sonic games releases stretching back to 1991, the ability to play as either version of Sonic, release specific power-ups and moves, infamous Sonic bosses and rivals, side missions, unlockable content and compatibility with 3D TVs.
Double the Sonic Means Double the Adventure
Sonic Generations is the ultimate celebration of 20 years in Sonic gaming, delivering the definitive gaming experience for Sonic fans new and experienced. In Sonic Generations Sonic's birthday and universe is thrown into chaos when a mysterious new power reveals itself, creating 'time holes' which take Sonic and his friends back in time. While there, Sonic runs into some very familiar characters from his past including a younger, classic version of himself. Together these two Sonics must defeat their enemies, save their friends, and find out who is behind this diabolical deed. The game features levels inspired by all three console based eras of Sonic gameplay: classic Sega Genesis, Dreamcast and the modern game consoles of today. All of these are presented in crystal-clear HD, and are playable on 3D TVs. As you travel through Sonic's history elements such as attacks, available power-ups and other features remain consistent with franchise gameplay history as well, with the main difference being that players have the ability to choose which version of Sonic they would like to play as.
Key Game Features
- Twice the Fun - Play as both Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic in the ultimate Sonic experience. Master the moves of each character as they race through each environment on their own specially designed track.
- The Best Just Got Better - Iconic environments from gaming history come to life in beautiful HD for the ultimate Sonic adventure, each revisited, recreated and re-imagined with stunning results. Also, these environments are presented in stunning new stereoscopic 3D for a whole new way to play.
- Unlock New Adventures - Once you complete each level and 'free' Sonic's captured friends, you'll get to go back and take on more challenges with them at your side.
- Infamous Bosses and Rivals - Take on some of the most notorious characters from Sonic's past as you fight for ultimate supremacy.
- Master Your Moves - Master Classic Sonic moves like his famous Spin Dash and Spin Attack, and utilize Modern Sonic's 'Sonic Boost' as you complete the all new tracks.
Travel back in time.
Play as classic or modern Sonic.
Face classic bosses and rivals.
Classic and unique power-ups.
Top Customer Reviews
First, a little history about Sonic's quality increasing in recent years, culminating in this disc of pure adrenaline inducing awesomeness:
...Read more ›
Ahem. What were we talking about? Ah, yes, the review!
Sonic Generations. Just about brought me to tears. If you ever liked a Sonic game, from any era, you will be hard-pressed to dislike this game. Each level is based a zone from past Sonic games. Here, you can play either as "Classic Sonic" (as seen from 1991-1998), rolling through the levels in 2D side-scrolling fashion; or "Modern Sonic" (as seen from 1998 onwards), racing through the stages in 3D. One level from every major Sonic game is remade in Sonic Generations.
The fairly simple plot is concerned with the fact that during Sonic's 20th birthday, some dark creature crashes the party and takes away all of Sonic's friends. As Sonic chases after them, he finds they all have traveled through time. The mysterious being is some "Time Eater", wreaking havoc across history. To stop this threat, Modern Sonic teams up with his younger, "Classic" self.
The resulting game is fantastic. All of the levels and boss battles are beautifully rendered, featuring multiple pathways to the goal. Classic Sonic plays very closely to the way he played in the early 90s, and Modern Sonic plays like he did in Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors. The result is not only a great variety of level design, but also well-thought-out gameplay physics. And the music, oh, THE MUSIC! Sonic games are known for great soundtracks, and this is no exception. The remixes presented here are beautiful (Rooftop Run, how I love thee!).Read more ›
The plot is simple enough, and voiced with perfection by the new voice cast Sega brought in with last year's excellent Sonic Colors. Sonic's friends get sucked into a sort of time vortex by an ominous enemy known as the Time Eater. In order to get them back and defeat the new villain, Sonic must travel back through some of his past adventures, teaming up with his younger (and more portly) self from the Genesis games. Nothing too deep, sure, but it's an excuse to travel back and see the best of Sonic's levels put into glorious HD.
And glorious is the best word to describe the makeover these levels have gotten. Sega didn't skimp on the budget this time around, obviously hellbent on making their mascot relevant again. Each level is filled with vibrant colors that suck you right into the cartoonish world that the blue hedgehog and company inhabit, making for a more immersive experience than past entries.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great gameplay but story was s*** voice acting was well the worst voice for sonic ever and everyone levels were short lived rehashes not remastered versions of the originals side... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Animemaster51
The game arrived on time also this game is brand new sealed and everything plays great in my ps3 overall happy with the servicePublished 3 days ago by stacey
Awesome game! The story was kind of weak but the game play makes up for it. I don't understand why certain parts of the game for Modern Sonic was 2D when when we already have... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Lisa Parker