Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Sonic is back with amazing features. We only received this game today, and we had a blast. Sonic can now do much more than ever before. He can perform Spin Attacks; Roll; Jump; Spin Dash; and more. The graphics are fantastic, and my daughter loves the game.

The game offers 2 Sonics, and 2 ways to play. This is indeed an epic game, loaded with mysterious power. They must embark on an adventure to defeat their enemies. This game is so much more exciting than the original. There are several colorful characters, you can unlock new challenges, and the music is awesome. In addition, there is a great deal of opportunity for achievements.

There is so much more, including taking on infamous bosses. The super Sonic speed is incredible, and this game provides many fun-filled hours of entertainment. I was amazed just watching my daughter play it, then joined in. This was a Christmas present she loved, and has become a favorite in her Xbox game collection. I will be gifting this game to friends on special occasions. The price was also good. Highly recommended!
on August 14, 2014
This is a really great game. I've been a Sonic fan since the original games in the 90s. Sonic was my first video game when I was about 7 years old. This game brings some nostalgia and is exactly what I've always wanted from Sega since Adventure 2. It's also the first Sonic game I've really loved playing since Adventure 2. It's so awesome to get to play the classic zones with modern Sonic and the modern zones with classic Sonic.

The extra missions give good replay value especially with the ability to become Super Sonic (my favorite part about the old games). I have not played the HD gen Sonic games (Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed) so I have never seen Sonic look so good. The zones in the new era stages are interesting so maybe I'll go back to play those games despite poor reviews. I must note that Seaside Hill from Sonic Heroes is extremely well done. Kudos to Sonic Team for that particular level because it was way more fun on this game than I remember
on December 31, 2013
I haven't played any of the newer Sonic games, so this was my first experience with 3D Sonic. Each level has two acts: one where you get to play the original 2D, side-scrolling style and one where you get the newer 3D style. Both styles play very well and there seems to be a good variety of obstacles and levels. The newer 3D Sonic has more abilities and his levels are more dynamic, but the 2D Sonic is still fun. All the level backgrounds are from past Sonic games, which is fun if you remember them.
My son is about five and he enjoys playing the game, though the levels near the end are a little tricky for him. The main story isn't terribly long if you were to just sit down and race through it. There are a bunch of side mission levels and hidden tokens in each level to encourage multiple playthroughs. Any level can be replayed over and over and over and over.

One thing the game does that I really like and I wish more games would do is it has a theater mode where you can go rewatch any of the cutscenes in the game. My son will just sit and watch cutscenes sometimes.
on December 30, 2016
We bought this for our 6 year old son so that he could try out the xbox that we've had a few years now. He absolutely loved this game and can handle the majority of it. I would recommend that you only purchase this game for children 7 years and up as it is slightly difficult for my 6 year old. My boy is a huge Sonic fan so it was a given that we had to purchase this for Christmas 2016. Having the ability to read is helpful as he has to ask us to read some of the directions to him. Other than that he does well with it and really enjoys the game so far.
on March 11, 2012
I've been a huge fan of Sonic ever since I first played the original games on the Sega Genesis. So when I heard about Sega bringing back side-scrolling Sonic along with some classic levels I with very excited. You'll be glad to know Sonic generations doesn't disappoint.

Gameplay:
Sega did a fabulous job at with designing the levels in this game. You can speed right through most of them if you want but if you go too fast you'll miss jumps and alternate routes that may get you special items of even get you to the finish line even faster. There is a great balance in the game of speed and a skillful timing. You can even use points you earn in between levels to buy power-ups, from shields to extra rings, to give you a little extra edge in beating different stages.

Content:
I was worried at first that this was going to be a short game because of how fast sonic can plow through levels but wow did they pack this game with a lot of content. You have nine normal levels, all inspired by classic stages, which you play through as both 2D and 3D Sonic. Then each of those Stages has 5 red rings to find and 5 bonus mini-games to play for each sonic. Finally, you have some rival characters to compete with for chaos emeralds and a couple of bosses to take down.

Story:
At last we have the story. I think Sega did a fabulous job keeping the short and simple. Its quite an amusing tale of sonic trying to rescue all his buddies from this mysterious dark time traveling foe.

In the end, I can honesty recommend this game to any long time Sonic fan. Both two 2D and 3D sonic play well and there is plenty to do with all the content they have packed into this game. I hope you enjoy this game as much as I have.
on February 16, 2016
Actually my grandson loves Sonic and I have purchased all the Sonic games for him for either his birthday or Christmas (he is 9). Within 2 days of receiving the Sonic Generations he had already beaten it to level 5. He can tell you more about it than I can .. .but I know that he is certainly satisfied with the product
on November 5, 2012
Sonic the Hedgehog is back, and it looks like Sega wanted him back. After Sonic 06 came out, Sega just didn't seem to know how to make a "Sonic" game. Yeah, his name was there, but for a game to be a "Sonic" game, it's gotta be more. And the finally figured out what makes a Sonic game a Sonic game when they made Sonic Colors. And boy oh boy, that was awesome, but you can't just keep releasing the same old thing all the time. So, Sega came up with a completely original idea, to take Modern Sonic, and Classic Sonic and start from there.

Now, the game itself isn't really new. Yeah, 2012, two Sonics, all that. However the stages, and content is a bit old. True Sonic fans will know the stages, but what they wont know (at least on the first play through) is the layout. Yes some stages still have major elements from the games, but for the most part they all have been redone. Yes, old stages from older Sonic games were taken, and remade for this one. You can platform through them with Classic Sonic, and blast through them with Modern Sonic. This means you play each level twice, but with a different level layout, and different music. The theme however is the same. For instance, in (spoiler alert) Crisis City, act 1, you'll play as Classic Sonic and get through the stage. Then act 2, you play as Modern Sonic, and play through a stage similar to act 1. So, these two acts are based on the same level, however their design is different. Make sense? I didn't think so. However, don't get the wrong idea. I'm no writer, the text above is the product of my bad writing skills. The actual game makes sense, and is much better than I describe it.

Moving on, the overall storyline is (spoiler alert) Eggman finds this mythical creature called the Time Eater. And he uses it to rip holes in the space time continuum. This is why you play through stages from other games, instead of new and original ones. This is also the reason why the game features a Sonic from the past. Anyways, Modern Sonic, and Classic Sonic must run through each stage to help restore life to the stages that were dislocated by the rips in the fabric of time. Sound complicated? Well, you'll have to play the game see for yourself.

The controls are pretty good, throughout my play, I've only encountered a few problems, but in defense of the game, I'd have to say that it is a result of constant boosting with Modern Sonic, and headless gameplay.

Overall, the game is great. But it has one major flaw. One flaw that can't be fixed by means of a patch. One flaw, that makes me give it 4 stars, instead of 5. The game is way too short. Yeah, some people that have the game will probably say otherwise. There are 9 stages and 7 bosses. Each stage has 2 acts, however for each boss, that boss is just the one. You'll either play as Classic Sonic, or Modern Sonic depending on the boss. So in total, that's 18 acts, and 7 bosses. On the sideline, there are a bunch of extra missions for each character. So for a 100% completer, it might take a while. For a 100% S rank completer, it will take a while. However, for the average gamer, it wont. If there was just a few more stages, 15-20, the game would perfect. It would be an epic Sonic game, however, with this amount of content, it's good but it's just one step short of being awesome.

In shorter words:

Pros:
Epic game
Controls that work
2 Sonics
Sonic fans get to replay some of their favorite stages

Cons:
Too short
Disks aren't made from 20kt gold

That's my review, but don't take my word for it. This game is a great addition to any Sonic fan's collection. So order it, make Amazon happy. But more importantly, tell Sega they've found what makes a Sonic game, and that they shouldn't throw it away.

That's all, I'm out.
on November 14, 2017
It's been years since I have played this game and I have forgotten how amazing it is. Such nostalgia lmao and also love how quickly this shipped to me. 10/10 Rolling around at the speed of sound
on February 4, 2013
EASILY the best Sonic game since Sonic & Knuckles (Sonic 3)! I bought this because like a mindless drone I buy everything Sonic. I expected it to kind of suck but it does anything but suck. I mean it's like when I first got this game back in 1991 but replaying them in HD with crazy effects and 3D. All of the moves are there for 16-Bit Sonic and the new Sonic. Seriously if you're a Sega and Sonic fan this is the ultimate game. I seriously played through Green Hill and and Chemical Plant and was STUNNED at how awesome this game is. Automatically goes to the top of my favorite Xbox 360 games. I just hope they make more games like this going forward because it's damn near perfect as far as Sonic goes.

The music is INCREDIBLE.... man do I love me some Sonic music. Buy this if you're in doubt and witness Sonic as he should be known to the new generation of video gamers!!
on January 23, 2017
As a Sega fan since always i have to buy this game.
Is a good an funny game. A little short but is very good.
The packaging was great.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.