- File Size: 1425 KB
- Print Length: 250 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1519356897
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: New Moon Publishing (January 17, 2016)
- Publication Date: January 17, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01AS0SEXG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,364,525 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #6344 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Lesbian Fiction
- #7827 in Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Lesbian
- #17253 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Gay Fiction
Sonnets for Heidi Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Patricia Munro, Trish to friends and family, has good friends, a job she likes, and shares a townhouse with her boyfriend Eric, the kind of guy most women dream about. But all is not well with Trish. She's still recovering from the unexpected death of her mother and has been thrust into the role of running interference for her aunt Heidi, whose dementia has reached the point of having to live in a care home. Eric is hinting about taking their relationship to the next level, but Trish's short and not-so-sweet first marriage left her gunshy. She doesn't want to lose him, but she's also not ready to pull the trigger. Her brain knows that Eric is different, but her heart isn't ready to concede the point.
How these issues resolve is a bittersweet story with sadness, stress, and more than a little frustration for Trish. Along the way she uncovers a long buried family secret and learns some life lessons about risk and being true to yourself.
**Originally written for "Books and Pals" book blog. May have received a free review copy. **
This is an emotionally charged tale of forbidden love. Aunt Heidi has few living relatives, and the only one willing to take on the responsibility of her care, when Alzheimer’s disease dictates the need for residential care, is her niece, Trish Munroe. In the time leading up to Heidi’s sudden death, Trish shares some tender moments with an elderly lady who swings from clarity to confusion at the snap of the fingers. Her endeavours to keep Heidi's memory alive lead not only to the revelation of family secrets but to Trish’s own enlightenment: an unburdening of her own past and clarity for her future.
This was a story based on more than one ‘difficult’, sometimes not-talked-about subject, but handled oh-so-professionally by Bowersock. I found the characters ready-developed: you walk into their lives instantly. You know them instantly. You empathise instantly. They’re real-life people right from the start.
This is a novel with a warm glow. It’s professional, it’s classy. Sheer pleasure from start to finish.
I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.
The characterisation is so good Trish Munroe, the leading, but not the central character, is someone you feel you know intimately, and her dilemmas are so clearly delineated they have real impact. The story that unfolds is as convoluted as any of our lives, yet it comes across so naturally because of the quality of the writing. The character of Heidi’s diverse family members and friends emerges in stages, often full of the contradictions that make each of us individuals, but subtly introduced so that you get to know the people in stages, and are at times left guessing. All this adds to the interest of the story, giving it a smoothness and flow that will keep you reading to the last page.
This is a brilliant book, do read it.
This story had so many similarities to persons in my own life I could not put the book down. This story pulled me in like no other.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Lesbian
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Gay Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Lesbian Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction