Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

The Sonoran Grill (Cookbooks and Restaurant Guides)
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 28, 2000
Cookbooks are my hobby and I read dozens of them all the time. Most fail because they are frequently of foods that require complicated preparation and/or are foods that the average American doesn't enjoy. Another failing of most cookbooks is that the author has tried hard to fill the book up with recipes rather than giving a few that are tried, true and tasty. Mad Coyote Joe has obviously tried all of his recipes because everything in his book is delicious besides being easy to prepare. He has also chosen a popular setting for preparation of his culinary masterpieces. Most people like to do barbecue for assembled friends and parties and Joe has given us lots of food presentations with which to impress our friends and families. This cookbook is so good I am going to buy one for everyone on my Christmas list.
on May 15, 2000
Mad Coyote Joe's "The Sonoran Grill" could have been just another Southwestern cookbook. But it isn't. Richly patterned with pictures of succulent dishes and recipes that read like poetry -- "whole slow-smoked suckling pig with citrus-chili negro marinade" -- this cookbook bedazzes the eye and preps the palate for unexplored delights. Meanwhile, Joe settles you comfortably into the Southwest itself, with background stories of his experiences of the peoples and places he loves. Best of all, the book promises, you don't have to be a culinary magician to bring real Southwestern excitement to your backyard grill. Just follow the recipes -- and take your time.
on May 1, 2000
Honestly, I've never "read" a cookbook before, usually just flip through the pages but the Sonoran Grill is educational as well as a book full of good recipes, easy to understand directions and unique offerings for your guests. The combination of photos and recipes will cause your mouth to water. Once you start reading this cookbook, you'll start making your grocery list, and your guest list for an evening of good food and good friends to enjoy. This is one cookbook that will have tattered and stained pages from constant use. Your family and friends will think you are a genius in the kitchen using Mad Coyote Joe's creative recipes, so take my advice, add Sonoran Grill to your shopping cart!
on January 19, 2007
Every recipe I have made from this book has never ceased to amaze me and those I serve it to for unique and amazing flavor. The ensalada de orzo diablo is amazing - I make it often and it is received with enthusiasm and even those unsure who may take a little at first (even if to be polite) come back for a big second serving. Don't forget to try the chinese asparagus salad, it's so good!

I collect cookbooks, and many I have never used, or barely used; this book however is well loved, is used frequently, and has the splatter marks to prove it!
on May 22, 2000
The Sonoran Grill is the printed version of Mad Coyote Joe's great TV show. The author takes you through some great tasting recipes from the desert southwest, and you don't feel like you need to spend years in the kitchen to make each meal a success. You might have to spend a few weekends over the grill, but this book makes doing that even easier. Its a must for the seasoned chef, and those new to the grill. I never used to cook before and now its a big part of my life. You need this one for your backyard.
on April 4, 2002
I have tried most of the recipes in this book, and have repeated many of them over and over again. I have not tried one yet that was not a big hit with the family and friends, all of which are southwestern cuisine fans. The instructions are vague, but I was curiously complimented that Mad Coyote thought I already knew the basics. The flavors from each of the recipes (ie: Black Bean/White Corn Salad and Gazpacho Soup) are outstanding. A great way to impress any dinner party guest.
on May 21, 2000
Even a guy like me can make things on the grill that I would never have tried in my own kitchen with this easy to follow cookbook. The recipes are both fun and delicious. Look up his drink "The Stevie Ray" and light your grill and as the song says 'The livin is easy!
on May 22, 2000
best dam cook book i ever read