Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sonos PLAY:5 Ultimate Wireless Smart Speaker for S..." and save 16% off the $499.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Home Theater Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Delivered by e-mail; register and file claims online or by phone
- We will fix the item, replace or pay up to the original purchase cost of the item. Zero deductible
- Fully transferable if you give as a gift
- Cancel anytime
- Some customers may purchase service plans and eligible products on Amazon. If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
Sonos PLAY:5 Ultimate Wireless Smart Speaker for Streaming Music (Black)
|Price:||$498.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Our biggest and best-sounding speaker featuring six amplifiers with six dedicated speaker drivers. Fill even the largest rooms with pure, brilliant sound. Stereo pair for an even better sound experience.
- Play different songs in different rooms at the same time. Or, pump one song in perfect sync, throughout your home.
- Set-up in five minutes using your home Wi-Fi. Easily expand your home audio system over time by adding wireless speakers to additional rooms whenever you’re ready.
- Wirelessly Stream all your favorite music services like Prime Music Unlimited, Pandora, Apple Music, and Spotify.
- Touch sensors for volume and track control. Perfect for when your phone is hiding or out of reach.
- Plug in any audio device—whether it’s a record player or a friend’s phone—and listen to your favourite music on your PLAY:5. You can also send the music from your PLAY:5 to any other Sonos speaker in your home.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Sonos is the wireless Home Sound System that fills your entire home with great-sounding music. Use one app to stream different music to Sonos speakers in different rooms. Or send one song all through the house.
Contents: PLAY:5, power cord, Ethernet cable, Quick Start Guide, and Legal/Warranty information.
Sonos PLAY:5. The ultimate listening experience.
PLAY:5 is the best-sounding speaker we’ve ever designed. Whether you’ve got a big room to fill with music or a discerning ear for divine sound, we’ve got you covered.
Pure Audiophile Sound: Six Class-D amplifiers with six dedicated drivers deliver rich, crystal clear, stereophonic sound. With zero audible distortion, no matter how loud.
Exceptional Bass Response: Thanks to three mighty woofers and a completely sealed architecture, PLAY:5 delivers deep, precise lows with no reverb or echo.
Trueplay Speaker Tuning: This exclusive Sonos feature fine-tunes your PLAY:5 to make sure you get the very best sound in any room, no matter where you place it.
Sounds Great In Any Position: Stand it vertically or place it on its side, PLAY:5 optimizes its sound based on your preferred orientation.
Stereo Pair With Another PLAY:5: Turn each speaker into separate left and right channels for wider, bigger and deeper stereo sound.
Simple setup. Better over time.
Put your speaker wherever you want. Plug it in. Tap the free Sonos app – it connects to your home WiFi and you’re ready to rock.
Regular, ongoing software updates bring new features and services to your PLAY:5. So the longer you own it, the better it gets.
WiFi, not Bluetooth
With Sonos, the songs stream from your WiFi network (not your phone), so there's never any of the dropouts, delays or interruptions associated with Bluetooth.
One room of streaming music is great. But a house full is even better. Fill more rooms with music by simply adding more Sonos speakers. They all work together seamlessly so you can play different songs in different rooms or the same song everywhere.
Rekindle your love for music
Sonos makes it easy to bring music back into your life. Enjoy old favorites or discover something new. With Sonos, music wakes you in the morning, surrounds you all day, and fills every moment with the full body joy of listening out loud.
All the music on earth
Sonos plays everything - the most popular streaming services, on-demand Internet radio, your favorite podcasts and audiobooks, your go-to collection of downloads - whatever you love to listen to.
Access all the music on earth through the Sonos app, or control Sonos directly from the Spotify app.
One app. Complete music control.
Choose what to play, where to play it, and how loud. In one room or all over your home. Track down songs across all your music services with a single search. Create playlists in an instant. The Sonos app does it all.
|Sync two for enhanced stereo listening||✓||✓||✓|
|Can be home theater rears||✓||✓||✓|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||6.36 x 4.69 x 4.69 in||5.2 x 10.6 x 6.3 in||8.03 x 14.33 x 6.06 in|
|Weight||4.08 lbs (1.85 kg)||5.71 lbs (2.6 kg)||14 lbs (6.38 kg)|
Step up to the all-new PLAY:5; the powerfully smart speaker that fine-tunes its sound to bring you all the energy and emotion the artist packed into the original recording. Music that's pure, ferocious, tasty and true.
Top customer reviews
I had listened to the play 3 and old generation play 5 and thought for the most part the new tech in the Play 1's are superior.
Now enter the new Play 5 with all the new tech and more and better speakers. I initially got one thinking I could do a stereo pair and compare it with the Play 1. That was a no go. Sonos software does not allow this pairing. Only like with like. So now I had to order another one, ouch that was costly.
Now that they are all setup in a stereo pair and did the custom sound procedure that sonos developed, they sound great. I did a side by side with the paired Play 1's and here is my findings. They both sound great. They both have great bass response and highs. Where they part ways is the midranges, the detail, and the soundstage.
The Play 5's take what was good in the Play 1's and make it better. They are also a lot louder for when you really want to pump some sound. You don't need the sub with the Play 5's. I have one, but it is really not needed anymore. The sub still does well for sure, but its kind of like there is a baby sub in each play five and the sub goes, Hey Im Here Too... Hey You Still Need Me Right?
The Play 5's are big and very heavy. About fourteen pounds each. Solid as a rock. Each speaker inside the Play 5 has its own amp.
I am glad I have them, but it was painful buying two. You really don't need two for a pretty big room unless you want to pair them in stereo. The also can sense how you place them and the sound is changed automatically for vertical and horizontal. Horizontal does sound a bit better but I prefer the look of the vertical on my shelves. Also takes up less room and I did not have much to spare where I placed them.
A little side note for those who have connection or interference issues. Do not buy a bridge, those are semi worthless. The Boost is much better. And something they don't advertise is that the sonos connect has the most powerful transmitter that will cut through interference like a light saber. I was running my system in a long house without it and was having connection problems all over the place. Hooked the connect back up in the middle of the house and it took over the signal from the boost. No more drops. Did not even have the connect connected to anything other than the ethernet.
The software is very intuitive, at least on my iOS or Mac systems. Once plugged in, it took me 5 minutes to begin playing music from my Apple music account or from my personal collection. I was never confused as to what to do - set up is very straightforward and expertly guided.
I only have one speaker now but plan to buy another later on. I will update my review at that time.
- Great and clean design. Huge improvement from last generation. You can stand it up vertically or horizontally.
- Easy to setup.
- Great sound. Even better if you pair it up in stereo mode where you can hook up two speakers to separate the L & R Channels. However, even a single speaker sounds great as there are internal speakers that the software will separate.
- Setup software allows you to do a "sound check" on the iPhone app and will provide EQ settings that are optimal for your room listening experience.
- Streaming was great. No breakup of audio stream. I have seen issues with some blue tooth speakers, but haven't experienced anything negative with Sonos.
- Overall very satisfied with these wireless speakers. No need to run wires anymore. Now if we can do something about the power cord ...
- Overall Software. You must use the Sonos software to play music through the speakers. If you're used to using iTunes or whatever software you normally use, then you'll have to adjust a little. For example, Pandora or Amazon run within the Sonos app.
- Ability to stream anything to the speakers is a little problematic. For example, if you want to stream audio from a TV show you're watching on your computer to the speakers is not possible or at least I can't figure it out. You can however connect a physical line-in/out audio cable from your computer directly to the speaker to do that.
- One thing I noticed about the power cable design in the back is that it is a bit flimsy and easy to splice the outer housing of the, so be careful as you plug/unplug and pack the device.