Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Sons of Anarchy: Season 1 [Blu-ray]” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 80% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Sons of Anarchy: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Blu-ray Value Promotion
Purchase any three featured Blu-ray titles for a total price of $19.99. Restrictions apply, offer is valid for a limited time and while supplies last. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Throughout the first season of Sons of Anarchy, SAMCRO grapples with a multicultural array of foes: Hispanic bikers, African-American gangbangers, white supremacists, an Asian triad, and agents of the ATF. Uneasy alliances and precarious compromises rarely work out as planned, leading to nail-biting confrontations and headaches for Jax. But the rituals and emotional bonds of the club itself are the real subject of the show--how an institution built on friendship and family loyalty gets twisted by ambition and greed. One particularly compelling story line follows Jax and his best friend, Opie (Ryan Hurst, Remember the Titans), who had stepped away from the gang to make peace with his wife; to help Jax, he reenters the biker life, with horrific consequences. The creator of Sons of Anarchy, Kurt Sutter, was a writer and actor on The Shield, and fans of that show will find a similarly compelling mixture of scheming machinations and compromised morality here, grounded in excellent performances and vivid production. --Bret Fetzer
Stills from Sons of Anarchy: Season One (Click for larger image)
| || |
- Head out on the Highway: The making of Sons of Anarchy Season 1
- Counter Culture Icons
- Tats Incredible
- Easy Riders
- Makin' the Grade
- Deleted scenes
- Gag Reel
Top Customer Reviews
The premise is sort of Hamlet-meets-the-Sopranos: youthful biker and new dad Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam) finds himself trying to balance work with personal life as the Vice President of the Sons of Anarchy Motorcylcle Club Redwood Original (aka SAMCRO), a gun-running biker gang co-founded by his late father and now run by his stepfather Clay Morrow (the ever-swaggering Ron Perlman), who's married to Clay's widowed mother Gemma (Katey Sagal, in pretty much the biggest departure possible from her Married With Children days). From the somewhat hippie-ish beginnings envisioned by Jax's father, SAMCRO has evolved into a criminal powerhouse, especially in their central California base of Charming, where they're practically a small-town Mafia.Read more ›
Sons of Anarchy shows real potential as a worthy successor to The Sopranos - The Complete Series episodic brand of voyeurism. Sons offers to take us into the lives of those who live outside the social contracts (or constraints) most of us take for granted. However, unlike The Sopranos, the Sons are not a criminal version of royalty (a status bestowed by endless viewings of The Godfather DVD Collection .) Instead they are, (as described by another reviewer) "relatable." These are, for the most part, average joes, who've chosen to live outside the requirement to be a part of the herd or to "go along to get along."
Whether we actually practice it or not, the American ideal (or myth) is that of the rugged individualists, who band together to oppose the bureaucracy that wants to force these square pegs into round holes. Think of Rooster Cogburn in True Grit.
And that's the legend that Sons of Anarchy is based on. The basic concept is that the SAMCRO's (Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club - Redwood Originals) are latter-day Knights Errant.Read more ›
The picture quality through all 13 episodes maintained decently, with only a few failures here and there depending on the night footage. The DTS is mixed just well enough to hear such gems as a cigarette burning while the Harley floods the outer channels, or a dog barking out a rear channel that makes you jump, or one of the few bass scenes (thumping music) when they enter the Niners Club in Oakland. The music was actually done just right in each episode as to not drown out any peripheral chatter or relevant goings-on. The supplements are placed entirely on disc 3 and include:
* Making of - 9 minutes which initially I thought was way too short but it gets made up for with everything else.
* Ink - 4:45 clip on everything tatoo. Unfortunately none of them were real.
* Bikes - 7 minute blurb on everything one needs to know about each character's mc. Caters to the enthusiasts wondering about the specs.
* Casting - 15 minutes of audition tapes mixed in with interviews for each primary and secondary character. I liked Pileggi's take on showing people he can be bad ("not Skinner").
* Deleted scenes - 35 minutes, half of which should have been left in, especially with such gems (plot holes) as how those panties kept getting flushed, Segal's chest scar, the clothing optional bathroom scene, Prospect feeling the wrath for beating Elvis, Pine being more aware of Clay's feel on his kid, and more.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
enjoy this series!! Love being able to go through on my timePublished 6 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I binge watched the entire series and mourned when it was over. I loved it!Published 7 hours ago by Tiffany Browning
Keeps you on the edge of your chair most of the time, especially when you get into more seasons. Characters are great and so is the story line.Published 1 day ago by PB
Can't stop watching this series. I love the characters are fabulous and you fall right in to the town of Charming. So much going on... I LOVE IT! I do not want it to ever end❤️Published 3 days ago by Tami Watson
Great show and episodes are exciting so far, wanting you to know what happens next.Published 4 days ago by Michael Marquez
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > TV
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Fox TV > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > FX Network
- Movies & TV > TV