YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services Gleason Gleason Gleason  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis La La Land Beat the Cold with Outdoor Clothing on Amazon NYNN

Sons of Anarchy really that good?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 29, 2012 5:42:58 PM PDT
Boz says:
I see a lot of praise for this show and I was wondering what is it about the theme that brings such high praise in the 5 star category. Justified is about the only truly great shows I think on the air and we wait for the bluray and then sit and marathon the whole season so we dont have to wait on commercials etc.

So you fans of SOA. What draws you to the show. I know Timothy Oliphant{spelling} is a great part of the reason Justified is so well received. Justified had me at the first episode hands down, your input on why SOA is so appreciated in the reviews would help a lot in deciding wether to by the seasons. Thanks a bunch

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 11:03:12 PM PST
SoA is pretty much Hamlet played out in a MC. It disguises itself as a macho, violent, action show. But over time, if you watch, you begin to realize that that's just the surface of the show. Its ultimately a show about family and the cycle of violence. A mesmerizing mix of Shakespeare and spaghetti westerns wrapped up in a crime drama package. Sure its violent, but its also surprisingly emotional and insightful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Aug 29, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer