Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 19, 2016
Sharp, fast and really wonderful lens. I use it on my A6000 and I got superb results and quality even in low light. Highly recommend this lens to joun your collection.. Thanks
on September 29, 2017
Lens is super nice was great image quality. Sharp and mostly accurate color. Wide open you purple fringing in high contast areas. Especially in the background. Better than the Canon 50mm 1.8 ii. The Sony doesn't feel that good when focusing manually. Where as the Canon I can throw the focus pretty easily.
on March 29, 2016
The image stabilization in this lens is wonderful, especially when shooting video. I bought this for use on an a6000, primarily hobby shooting and family photos. It is a bit soft in the details so I wouldn't use it as a professional lens by any means. But it is a nice, cheap option to have if you're an aspiring photographer or videographer. Also, considering that it is for cropped sensors, you'll get a bit of a longer focal length than 50mm. It may look a bit more like 85mm.
on September 7, 2015
Great quality, beautiful bokeh, quick AF and the vibration reduction works pretty awesome both for photos and for video. This lens is wonderful for portraits. I use it a lot for professional head shots. Very small and light. Comes with a lens hood, but I found the lens not to be too sensitive to flare. Overall this is a very good lens, very charp and for a very reasonable price.
on October 24, 2015
Lens is a perfect addition to my Sony NEX-5R camera. Great bokeh for portraits and great in low light conitions.
review image review image
on July 21, 2015
Very sharp image quality. HUGE step up from any of the kit lenses. I have used this in professional shoots on my A6000 and the results are great! Sharp corner to corner, and the color and contrast really make the A6000 shine!
on March 18, 2016
Amazing! Truly! I'm just an amateur photographer but this has really improved my portrait photography. As always, a new lens won't make you a better photographer. You still have to know how to use your camera.
review image review image
on January 4, 2015
Easily the best value lens available for the E mount. I almost wish I skipped the kit lens and got this to begin with. It's incredibly sharp and produces great bokeh. The only minus I would say of this lens is its terribly slow autofocus speed. On my NEX-6, it can also be inaccurate at times, though that's probably more fault of the camera than the lens. It's a great still-life and portrait lens, and decent for landscape if you can work with the narrow angle of view. Just don't expect it to do sports photography and you'll be very happy with it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2016
I have a 16-70 Zeiss and this thing at 1/3rd the price is outshining it! This isnt meant for landscape but everything else it does very very well. I'm blown away by the performance for price. Its a top tier lens at a great price.
on June 4, 2014
I purchased a refurbished version of this lens and I was quite nervous when I opened the box because I was afraid that I might end up getting ripped off by a 'cheap' 2nd hand lens that contains scratches on the glass etc. to my surprise there wasn't a scratch on the lens or body itself, it was mint. I was however disappointed when I noticed a small speck of dirt on the other side of the lens w/c I wouldn't be able to remove. I however tested the camera out by taking a photo on a plain white sheet of paper, and I couldn't see the speck anywhere so as far as I know, it doesn't have any effect on the photos. as for image quality, it's really sharp for a lens this "cheap". add to that its awesome build quality, it is a must have lens if you do not have a budget for the likes of Zeiss but still want to enjoy a fast, sharp lens with OIS.