Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony AZ1 Action Camera Mini POV HD Video Camera" and save 45% off the $248.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony AZ1 Action Camera Mini POV HD Video Camera
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sony's smallest splash-proof Action Cam
- SteadyShot™ image stabilization conquers bumps and blur
- Control Action Cam via phone or up to 5 w/ Live-View Remote
- 5 video modes (1080/60p @50Mbps HD and 2x slow motion)
- Built-In stereo mic for quality sound recording
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Sony's smallest splash-proof Action Cam
From the Manufacturer
POV HD Camcorder
Grab every shot with the Action Cam that fits where others can’t. You’ll get super smooth video even on bumpy terrain with SteadyShot image stabilization, and control it all from the wrist-attached Live-View Remote. Want your friends to come along for the ride? Broadcast your video live via Ustream as you’re barrelling down the mountain.
The new Action Cam Mini: Smaller and lighter
Our Action Cam Mini won’t weigh you down. The slender, splashproof design is about two-thirds the size of our previous Action Cams – so there’s less wind and water pressure when you’re filming.
Relax, it’s splashproof
The HDR-AZ1 easily shrugs off water, thanks to a splashproof design. With an IPX4-class rating, this Action Cam can stand up to showers, spray, and snow as soon as you remove it from the box.
Take full command of your Action Cam
Turn compatible smart phones and tablets in to remote control viewing devices via Wi-Fi with One Touch Near Field Communication (NFC). When using Live View Remote RM-LVR2. Now you can frame your shot, change the shooting modes, turn on GPS, and control up to 5 Action Cams with the use of a single Live View Remote. RM-LVR2 is available via the HDR-AZ1VR Live View Remote Kit only.
SteadyShot beats bumps and blur
Advanced SteadyShot image stabilisation compensates for various kinds of blur, especially the rapid vibrations caused by fast action like motocross or skiing.
Built-In stereo mic for quality sound recording
A built-in stereo microphone allows you to capture all the exciting sounds of your adventure
Broadcast your video live via Ustream as it happens
Share the adventure as it happens via UStream. Now your circle of friends and family can share the excitement in real time by simply logging in to UStream from anywhere.
Ultra wide up to 170° pro quality ZEISS S lens
With an ultra-wide angle professional ZEISS lens, you will increase your perspective (up to 170-degree viewing angle) while you venture out on breathtaking views of dynamic terrain to include ski slopes and mountain trails.
Exmor R CMOS sensor for excellent low light performance
Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with Sony’s back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor.
Action Cam Movie Creator
Action Cam Movie Creator – a new editing application optimised for Action Cam use – lets you add to the fun of editing and sharing your movies.
2014 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, Exmor R, SteadyShot and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance. Carl Zeiss and Vario-Tessar are registered trademarks of Carl Zeiss Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications subject to change without notice.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Buy one of these go pro "Go Pro Tripod Screw Adapter" for your Sony Action Camera, to get into all the amazing go pro tripod mounts clips holders....hours of shopping opportunities smile.
Update: so far I've bought many go pro items to work with this camera: tri pod adapter, fast mount plates, pivot arm, suction cup mount for the car...and you can buy A remote controlled drone helicopter for $50 to $300, for your aerial shots smile... a Velcro wrist camera mount...there are even steady cams available for under a hundred...
there was a really bad review about the wrist LCD controller, "live view remote" in the reviews on the Last model of this camera... for an extra $100 I'm glad I bought the "live view remote"....works... looks great Nice TOY.... smile
No problem setting up the camera with my Galaxy note 3 as a remote.... The Sony Play Memories software for getting video off of the camera to your computer via USB is OK, not great not bad, free download, you can do limited video editing with Play Memories... I use and do Like Sony Vegas video editing software a lot....
AND the Sony Action Camera is beautiful, usually I could care less if hardware looks good...this camera, it's beautiful...
if I find the time will update.... smile cheers
The quality of the camera is sustainable. Not "4k" or any of that. 1080 is great for me because it meets today's standards as well as not taking as much space as higher qualities. The case slightly blurs the camera, but no notifiable unless compared. The fish eye is wonderful, as it is very wide.
The camera is durable in and out of the protective case. The only fragile part is of course the lens. This insures the care free factor of an action camera. This thing is not going to break! Well. kind of, my battery live a short life, but easily replaced, and cheap.
EASE OF USE 5/5
Simply put a micro chip in, download the app, and start recording. I advise to buy extra batteries, as they are very cheap and useful. Especially if your first one breaks. I was able to get it running without any external help. Pretty Easy.
Compared to the competition, a go pro, this is a much more solid camera. The pricing is simply better than the go pro.
- Lighter than a GoPro at 63gr with battery vs 88gr - which matters for quadcopters and planes for example
- Great form factor, again compared to a GoPro. It seems like the volume is the same but it feels and looks smaller. Its easier to mount on cars, bikes, helmets, rc planes, etc too because of the shape. Also, when mounted on the helmet it does not stick out like a GoPro which is great at high speed and also great for your head if you do fall. (GoPro are really dangerous for that)
- Good video quality in all modes, slightly worse than the GoPro 3 Black and 4 Black, but better than GoPros 3, 4 silvers and white. Better than the Mobius too, by far. No problem with the exposure control either, very fast.
- Its waterproof. Without the case. That means you can splash it, it can rain on it, it can fall in water, etc. Of course, you can't dive without a case tho. Still.. this is enough for most use cases!
- You have a screw mount without using the case (but also with) unlike the GoPro
- XAVC 50mbp support
- The digital stabilization system. This thing is great because it saves a lot of editing time. Your videos are ready to show/post as soon as you finished recording. It does work well and that feature is a great advantage over the GoPros.
- Setting up the camera requires a smartphone or a sony watch/accessory. You cannot set it up otherwise. Now, the smartphone UI is very nice and works very well especially if you have NFC (swipe the camera and it auto connects), but still.
- The camera case is a little on the heavier side when you need to use it, compared to a GoPro.
- Video quality while quite good is not up to par with the GoPro 3 Black and GoPro 4 black (not to mention not being able to record in 4k and the other GoPro features). Not really a deal breaker tho, since the quality is still quite good/better than a GoPro 2.
- Honestly, I can't really fault it right now. The price could be a little lower, I suppose.