Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony Alpha LAEA1 Mount Adaptor -Black" and save 50% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony Alpha LAEA1 Mount Adaptor -Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Rear lens cap
- Tripod attachment
- Body cap
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||3.74 x 3.46 x 3.85 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0.25 Kilograms|
|Item Weight||0.54 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.65 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
Please note that I said the adapter works well but there are a few things to consider. I use NEX primarily with manual focus lenses. In fact, the only auto-focus lens I have for E-Mount is the 18-55mm kit lens. But, with a firmware update for LA-EA1 (available on Sony's support website), this adapter allows use of auto-focus feature on many A-mount lenses. Please note that this firmware update is in addition to firmware updates released for NEX cameras themselves. The auto-focus feature, however, has its limitations:
Auto Focus Compatibility: The A-mount lenses come with (old-fashioned) screw-drive, (basic) SAM or (advanced) SSM systems for auto-focus. Along with these, I also have a lens with Sigma's HSM drive (similar to Sony's SSM). Auto-focus via LA-EA1 works best with SAM. It works with SSM as well, but appears to take longer. It doesn't work with the Sigma HSM (although, the drive is recognized but the camera continues to try focusing). A screw-drive lens is rendered a manual focus lens as the adapter has no control over the mechanical system that those lenses require.
Auto Focus Speed: As mentioned above, LA-EA1 auto focus capability works best/seamlessly with SAM lens. It is still slow taking a few seconds before focus is set. The capability is about as good with SSM lenses, however it is not as seamless. SSM lens will inevitably try to quickly focus, overshoot and then try to focus in little steps (hence, not as seamless as SAM) taking a few seconds.Read more ›
If you want to be able to use your Alpha lens on your NEX/E-mount camera, this certainly works. The removable tripod mount on the lens is a nice touch and works quite well, if you add a quick release plate. +1 I tested this with my Alpha A-6000.
* Any Alpha/Maxxum AF lens will mount on this adapter, allowing you to use Alpha optics on your NEX camera body. Screw drive lenses' screw drive will just push aside, so they will mount on this as well, just in manual focus mode.
* Will allow AF with SAM and SSM Lenses. I also tested this against a Tamron 24-70mm/2.8 HSM lens and it worked for that lens as well. (see note below)
* No light loss. Since there is no optical element in the middle, image quality is as good as your Alpha lens.
* AF is SLOW. Whether I used SAM, SSM, or HSM lenses, the autofocus speed is incredibly slow. It seems the camera switches to using contrast auto-focus mechanisms. This makes even an f/2.8 HSM lens go super slow, making it next to useless for anything that moves. Native E-mount lenses will outperform AF performance here.
If you want to use Alpha/Maxxum lenses on your NEX and you want fast AF, I strongly recommend getting the LAE2 or the LAE4 versions of the adapter. The SLT AF mechanism in those adapters, along with screw drive capabilities, will give your NEX/E-Mount camera full access to those lenses.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Does Exactly what it is supposed to do. Not automatic, but my Tamron 10-24 Alpha mount doesn't care. I like the balance and the tripod mount. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Frederick E. Hutchings
this Emount is perfect! I get to use my other sony lenses with my sony NEX 5 it's great.Published 16 months ago by Edward Lopez Jr.
Works as advertised with the NEX5 and my Minolta, Sigma and Tamron A-mount full frame lenses. Occasionally reports the lens isn't connected, usually find the problem is between... Read morePublished 19 months ago by M. Ong
Lightest, smallest way to attach A-mount lenses on your E-mount camera body.
Camera Body Tested: Sony NEX-7
Lenses Tested: Sony SAL55200-2, Sigma 18-250mm EX DC HSM... Read more