Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 409 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 433 reviews
on March 26, 2012
I ready many of your reviews before deciding to buy this product from this supplier. When I first compared the price from this company to others, the price seem reasonable and not questionable that the product would be fake/counterfeit. I reviewed very carefully the pictures that was posted on this site with the OEM pictures provided by Sony and they represent identical. So I went ahead and bought this charger, along with the OEM battery. When I received it, first thing I did was to charge the battery that I bought with it so I can start using it. After 10 minutes of charging, the LED went off from the charger, so I thought it was done charging (I assumed that the battery I bought was initially charged by the suppler. I took the battery out and placed in the camera, turned it on and checked the battery gauge. It first showed that it was full (all bars), but then quickly after a few minutes, the bars started to drop. Eventually after 5 minutes or so, the battery is completely drained. So, my first reaction would be maybe I got a bad battery. I then used the original Sony charger that came with my camera to charge this battery. It took almost 2.5 hours to charge the battery to full. I then tried it out on the camera to see if the battery holds the charge or not and after about 1/2 hr of using it, the battery bar did not quickly drop like it was earlier. This made me to believe that the battery was not the problem, but the charger that I bought from M-Z. This time, I used my original OEM battery and placed it in the charger to charge. Same thing happened with this battery - charged for 10 min and LED light came off. I knew right away that I've got a bad charger. I took it off the wall and started to inspect it carefully and as I suspected, the back of the charger did not even look like any of the pictures that was posted on this site. I did some digging around and read about counterfeit chargers on eBay and surprisingly found this charger was listed as one of the them. I then contacted M-Z to return and they went ahead approve right away without asking any reason why. M-Z refunded everything back to me, except the return shipping, which I've been contacting them to pay, but they never reply back to my emails.

Buyer beware...there are lot of companies out there trying to fool you and take your money. Make sure to check them out on BBB to ensure they are legit. As for this company, I would NEVER buy anything back from them again. Its not about the money but the principle that I am so disappointed in them.

Also, I think Amazon should routinely check their sellers to ensure they don't ruin their reputation, as I am not as trusting the company as I've been because of this seller.

Hope you find this feedback useful.
55 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2013
We had to order a replacement charger as we lost our original somewhere last summer in our travels. I was going to give our old camera to a family member, but wanted to include everything that they would need to use the camera. I searched Amazon and came up with this listing for a "100% brand new high quality OEM charger" (copy/paste from item description). Price seemed fair for a brand new item.

I received the item yesterday. It came in a plastic sleeve sealed with a white bar-coded sticker that said the model of the charger followed by the word "New". I was a bit concerned that there was a bit of dirt/grit/dust on the inside of the package. I opened it up and dumped the dirt out and inspected the charger. The back of it is warped from heat, and has a couple of places on it where it looks like it may have been run over by a forklift or other such large heavy vehicle. The top face of it is also dinged up and the edges of the product have gouges/cuts in it. after I gave it a quick wife down to remove the dirt, it does appear to charge the battery.

If the review is too long for you to read it all: Not a new item. Seller lies about the condition.
review image review image review image
on November 21, 2012
Awful! Do not buy! Will be contacting them to make a return! I should have listened to the 1 star reviews!

The battery arrived on time but all scratched up, and one piece was actually broken in the worst possible place on the charger directly above where you put the battery in. This damage could not have happened during shipping as it was packed well with other items in a box, in other words, it was shipped in this crappy condition.

It was advertised as a Sony OEM charger, but looks cheap and fake too me.

I was able to insert the battery into the charger despite the cracked piece and it seemed to be seated well in the charger. (The battery I tried charging is a genuine SONY battery purchased from SONY directly, that has been working fine all this year and holding a charge well). I plugged the charger in and the charging light came on as if it was charging. Hours and hours later, the light had still not changed color to show it was charged. I removed the battery, plugged it into my camera to try it (a couple of times), and the battery was still completely dead. I then took the same battery, charged it with the Progo replacement battery I bought at the same time, and within a couple of hours the battery was completely charged and worked in the camera, showing over 300 minutes left. All I can say is that it's a good thing I bought the other charger too so that I can use my camera tomorrow on Thanksgiving, because I wouldn't have been able to using this charger!
on April 20, 2011
I purchased a Sony camera from an auction site at a great price, only thing was it did not come with a battery charger. I compared chargers and decided to buy the after market charger because it was a little cheaper, bad mistake...it only lasted for about a year. So i decided to get the this original charger and couldn't be happier. Its smaller than i thought, works great and I don't think it's going to break any time soon being that its a Sony.
on August 20, 2017
Doesnt work! Really disappointed. The battery is correct for the charge... but won't charge. Battery will charge on another charger
I purchased mine as a "used" model, but it's like new and a great price. Works perfectly with my G batteries. Mine had the code that it wasn't counterfeit, so thanks to the other reviewer for telling us how to check.
on May 21, 2012
When you buy an electronic device nowadays, this isn't something you readily consider: that the cord or wall adapter used to charge the device is taking up to a QUARTER of the total cost. If not that much, at least an amount that takes up more of the 'reason for cost' pie chart than most of us would ever consider feesible.

Well, that's the conclusion I came to when I went to replace the lost charger for my $200 digital camera and they wanted $55 at a large retail store that advertises "every day low prices" (yeah I'm talking to YOU!).

This charger unsurprisingly works just like an original because, well...it's an original! Crazy how this cost me less than $20, and even saved me the wasted gas of having to drive anywhere to get it! Yes there are risks of recieving a fake but like another reviewer pointed out, there are ways to pick up on those (and hopefully get your money back).

Still...it's nice to be able to stop feeding the machine that is the rediculously huge franchise corporations that jack up the price on never-heard-of brands of 'universal' chargers and cords. I'm still bitter about that off brand phone charger that I paid $30 for that froze up my smart phone every time I plugged it in.

I didn't mean to go off on a rant there...my therapist took vacation this week. Great charger! Can finally use my camera again and I didn't feel screwed over the price!
on October 15, 2011
I purchased this in February of 2011. Granted, that's about 7 months from the date of this review. However, I had no idea it wouldn't last me longer than 6 months.
I used it sparingly. We rarely take out our Sony digital camera because it's too unwieldy to lug around with all the other kid stuff we have to carry, so it has not been used over and over and over again.

In fact, during the course of the past 4 months, we have used it only twice to charge the battery. When I took it back out last night to charge the camera battery, it would not charge at all. I plugged it in, and the light didn't come on to notify me that the battery was charging. My husband and I took turns wrestling with it for a while and he eventually got it to begin charging. 10 minutes later, it stopped again. Just to check and make sure it wasn't an issue with the light, I popped in the battery and the camera notified me it had not charged.

I could see this not being a shock if I'd bought a really cheap battery charger (you know how you see stuff on Amazon being sold for, like, $2 and $5 -- too good to be true), but it appears to be the exact same one that came with the camera and cost us $20 plus shipping. Maybe it's a knockoff, I don't know.

It's a huge inconvenience to use something a handful of times over a year, go back to use it again, and find that it's not functioning. Especially something like a battery charger. It's not like we have an extra one lying around, and now I get to take photos of my daughter at the Shedd Aquarium tomorrow with my camera phone. Great.
on August 4, 2017
I hadn't used my camera for more than a year, so of course the battery was dead. The charger worked, even after all that time.
on December 23, 2012
Charges the battery (genuine original Sony battery) quickly. Came with the snap down prongs, look like genuine Sony to me, and most importantly, works like it too. I was glad to find it on Amazon then to run all over in the Christmas rush to find the charger. Seller could have been a day quicker to ship out to be in the expected Prime 2 day shipping deadline. Prime means sellers get their game up to deserve Prime. That could be a deal breaker if you really are expecting it to come in 2 days, as I did expecting to use the camera a day earlier for family get together (was ordered early enough the first day), but everything else I am satisfied with.