|Item Weight||2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10.83 x 11.5 x 2.76 inches|
|Item model number||BDPS6700|
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
3 Year Electronics Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Sony BDP-S6700 4K Upscaling 3D Streaming Home Theater Blu-Ray Disc Player (Black)
|Price:||To see our price, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?|
|Connections||Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, HDMI, Coaxial audio output, USB input, Ethernet connection, Wi-Fi|
|Item Weight||2 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||10.83 x 11.5 x 2.76 inches|
About this item
- Bring the theater home: Get the best seat in the house while enjoying movies and content from the comfort of your family room
- Smart Functionality: With fast, stable built-in Wi-Fi, you can wirelessly access your favorite streaming apps and services including Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video & more
- Inputs/Outputs: 1 HDMI, 1 USB, 1 Coaxial, 1 Ethernet. Features built in wifi 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz with mimo
- 4K Upscaling: Get the most out of your 4K Ultra HD TV by upscaling the quality of your Blu-ray movies to near 4K quality. 4K Ultra HD discs are not supported
- The upscaling chip also improves the quality of online content, and upconverts DVD's to near HD quality for an improved viewing experience
- Sound: Experience HD sound with Dolby and dts-Master Audio. Enjoy multi-room streaming capabilities with the SongPal Link Apps, and connect via bluetooth to enjoy wireless listening
- Screen Mirroring: View your Android mobile devices' content on your TV with Miracast screen mirroring technology
This product is available as Renewed.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
4K Upscaling 3D Streaming Blu-Ray Disc Player
Stream from your favorite apps in Full HD.
Access various streaming services and enjoy endless entertainment including movies, TV shows, music and more from your favorite apps like Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Amazon Instant Video and more.
Upscale your entertainment to near-4K quality
Get the most out of your 4K Ultra HD TV. Boost your Blu-ray movies, DVDs and photos to near-4K quality. 4K Ultra HD discs are not supported.
Wireless Bluetooth connectivity with LDAC
Enjoy the freedom and convenience of wireless Bluetooth connectivity with LDAC. Listen to music, watch movies and even play games through Bluetooth headphones, game controllers and more. LDAC is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted, LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
Smooth video streaming with super Wi-Fi
Enjoy smoother, faster, and more stable streaming with super Wi-Fi. This Blu-ray Disc player features a unique Wi-Fi module that is optimally positioned for maximum signal strength. A multi-antenna design also ensures a more reliable signal than conventional Wi-Fi, so you’ll experience smooth video streaming from a wider range in your home.
Cast content from your smart device to your TV.
With Miracast screen mirroring technology you can mirror the screen of you Android compatible mobile devices to your TV.
Brighter, more lifelike picture.
Unique to Sony, TRILUMINOS color technology creates a heightened sense of depth and incredibly true, natural shades of colors. It’s our widest color spectrum ever.
Easy navigation with a customizable user-friendly interface
Finding apps and features is quick and simple with a graphical user interface. Browse on your TV screen with easy-to-navigate panels-content is divided into featured apps on one side and your favorite apps on the other. Everything is neatly organized and quick to launch.
Upscale your DVDs and Blu-ray Disc to 3D.
Enjoy 3D Blu-ray Disc movies in Full HD 1080p and upscale the visual quality of DVDs to near HD quality. The 2D to 3D conversion feature allows your DVDs or Blu-ray Disc movies to be automatically converted into 3D for playback on your 3D TV.
Super Quick Start gets you watching faster
With Quick Start mode and Fast Loading, it takes less than 1 second to boot up your Blu-ray Disc player. You'll be able to get to the action quicker with even interactive discs loading in as little as 30 seconds once the tray is closed. If you're not watching Blu-ray, you can launch internet content even faster, too.
|4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (w/HDR)||✓||-||-|
|Hi Res Audio Playback||✓||-||-|
|4K UHD Up-Scale||✓||✓||-|
|Streaming Services / Apps||✓||✓||✓|
|Dolby Digital TrueHD /DTS||✓||✓||✓|
|Wireless LAN (Wifi) Built-in||✓||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Sony BDP-S3700 Home Theater Streaming Blu-Ray Player with Wi-Fi (Black)
Sony UBP-X700 4K Ultra HD Home Theater Streaming Blu-Ray Player
Sony UBP-X800M2 4K UHD Home Theater Streaming Blu-Ray Disc Player (UBPX800M2), Black
|Price||To see our price, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?||To see our price, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?||To see our price, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?||$248.00|
|Item Dimensions||10.83 x 11.50 x 2.76 inches||9.05 x 1.53 x 7.63 inches||15.00 x 12.00 x 4.00 inches||19.00 x 3.75 x 14.13 inches|
Stream from various entertainment services and upscale your content to near-4K quality. Even connect wirelessly to Bluetooth headphones, wireless speakers, game controllers and more. Play music from CDs and other formats via USB in multiple rooms, enjoy stronger, faster Wi-Fi and mirror your smartphone screen on TV. You’ve never watched, listened or connected quite like this.Input and Output Terminals: HDMI output 1 (rear), Coaxial audio output 1 (rear), USB input 1 (front), Ethernet connection 1 (rear)
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Compatibility: First and foremost understand THIS IS NOT A 4K PLAYER. It uses "4K upscaling" which is of limited value unless you have a 4K (UHD) display, and even then you'll be disappointed. Here's why: The BDP-S6700 HDMI output is version 1.4a which meets some, but not all, of the minimum requirements for 4K video. Of particular note is color depth. HDMI 1.4a displays a maximum 8-bit color depth (256 colors) which is VGA quality. For full 4K color resolution you need a player with HDMI ver 2.0 or better to get the 10-, 12- or 16-bit colors that really make the new 4K displays shine. I knew this going in so the BDP-S6700 was a perfect match for my "older" (2012) Samsung HD plasma display and Denon AVR-591 receiver.
CAUTION: If you set your BDP-S6700 to a color depth greater than your display can process, you will get screen flickers, interference bands and blank screens. The BDP-S6700 will auto-detect your display and adjust color depth appropriately most of the time. However, if your A/V receiver is rated for 4K - but your display is not - then the BDP-S6700 will pass the high-bit color on to the receiver. Your receiver may or may not scale this back when sending it to your display. This was my experience and it took some hours (and copious cursing) to figure it all out. I offer that experience here to save some of you some frustration. In the settings look for HDMI Deep Color. It defaults to "Auto". Set this to "Off" if you have anything less than a 4K display. Trust me and just do it. You won't see any difference (your display can't resolve it, remember?) and you will save yourself headaches when random artifacts and flickers occur.
Performance: The interface is quick and intuitive. Discs load reasonably fast. Network connection was flawless - the BDP-S6700 detected the network, obtained an IP address and accessed the internet within seconds. Network connections have been rock solid since I connected it. Screen mirroring with my Android phone works very well (IOS users are SOL - I tried 14 different apps with no joy). I don't use Bluetooth devices with it but they are detected without issue. Supposedly upscales 2D-3D (yawn).
Streaming: BDP-S6700 offers 75 streaming apps, most of which are of no interest to me. They've got cooking channels, shopping channels, sports, movies, TV, news. There's even an app in Russian. The most useful IMHO are: Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, YouTube, Pandora and Spotify. All of these work flawlessly with one caveat - the search functions using the remote are tedious in every case. Otherwise, they are great. The Home Screen lets you customize 10 - and only 10 - of your favorites. You can't change the "Featured Apps" so half the Home Screen is useless.
Screen Mirror: The BDP-S6700 uses Miracast so if you want to display your Android content you are in luck. It utilizes the Wi-Fi function of your phone to stream directly to the player. No lag. Sound is perfect. One flaw I noticed is that the wired connection to the BDP-S6700 is disabled while mirroring and doesn't automatically switch back when I'm done. Have to power cycle the unit every time. Only mildly annoying. As mention above, IOS AirPlay doesn't play. You can set up your IOS device as a DNLA server and play media that is physically on the device but you can't stream from the internet nor can you see the IOS device screen (think Facebook, emails, etc). Ironic, since Apple pioneered the technology but then they locked it all up with their proprietary Apple TV system. Oh well...
Remote: Small enough to easily fit into the cracks of your couch or recliner and lodge deep in any moving mechanisms. Just sayin'... I actually like the remote for it's simplicity. One of the better device remotes I've used. It is IR directional, so you have to point it at the player with a clear line of sight. You can also download an Android app and control the unit with your phone which is great for entering data in app search boxes.
Conclusion: If you just bought a shiny new 4K (UHD) display you are NOT going to like this unit so start shopping for a $500 UHD player. If you just want to stream internet then get a Roku, it's faster with more customization and 2000+ apps. If you still have HD equipment and want to play all those Blu-Ray/DVD/CD discs you've accumulated for the past 20 years, as well as stream the major providers (Netflix, Amazon, Vudu, Pandora, Hulu), then this unit is for you and it's a terrific value for the money.
It's not that it has problems with streaming (which it does) ... it's that it frequently locks up on DVDs and Blu-ray disks, or even just its home screen. We often have to unplug it to get it to respond, and it may still take 2-3 tries before it responds to the remote. (And you can't even press "play" without the remote.)
It's nice when it works, but it doesn't work nearly often enough.
1. Pandora forgets the user name/password after shut down of the unit.
2. YouTube search and settings get cleared after a few shutdowns. I don't like the audio "bloop" noise on YouTube when navigating, and out of the blue, it will start up again where I have to go back to the settings inside YouTube and shut off the noise. It also clears my search history on YouTube after a few uses. There is no apparent pattern on when it will do this.
3. (biggie) After playing Vudu or Amazon Prime at 24p, and exiting to the home screen, the 24p does not reset to 60p. This causes issues with playing YouTube after using Vudu or Amazon, because it will keep YouTube at 24p. Sounds good perhaps, but YouTube at 24p is choppy ( produces judder). The fix for that is to play Netflix at 24p, and then go to the BDP-S6700's homepage. For some reason exiting the Netflix app, resets to the default 60p, if you play a few seconds of video on Netflix first. You can also shut down the unit, and it seems that after a while of it being shut down, will reset to 60p when restarted. Not a quick shutdown and restart for some reason.
All in all, this is a better streaming player than the Roku 3 because of the better video, audio, and 24p support on Vudu, Amazon, and Netflix. Just wish they would fix the bugs.
Just FYI, I also have a BDP-S3700 and the 24p does reset properly on that unit. However, the BDP-S6700 has slightly better video and audio. And I had a BDP-S3500 and BDP-S6500 from last year, and those did not support 24p on Netflix, and had lock up problems, where I had to pull the cord to reset. This years models 3700/6700 are better in that respect, so far.
Top reviews from other countries
Be aware that in Canada, Sony does not support Amazon Prime Video on this device, and support is non-committal on any possible firmware update including it.
1. great picture quality .
2. Streaming speed is good .
3. Quick startup .
4. If you have a 4k TV , the upscaling from FHD to 4k is really good .
1. Very light and plasticy feel .
2. Some noise while playing Bluray disc.
Over all 8/10.
I would really suggest this player .
Almost every time I go to use this player it is frozen and has to be unplugged.
I've tried everything and haven't been able to get rid of the freezing/locked up condition it enters all the time.
One other thing that stinks, we don't have access to Amazon Prime video on this unit in Canada.
The player itself is great and works well when it isn't frozen or locked up!
Fuera de eso reproduce bien los Bluray y DVD, pero para eso cualquier otro reproductor de menor precio.
Actualización: Bajo mi calificación debido a que cada vez que se enciende el equipo, se reinicia a configuración de fábrica, y hay que volver a conectar a la red, instalar las apps, iniciar sesión... es muy molesto.