Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 11-20 of 251 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 268 reviews
on August 30, 2016
I have a 7" DVD portable player. I Have it quite a few years, never had a problem,with any part, but I wanted a larger screen. Bought one for $69, Big mistake returned it because compared to the Sony it was a piece of junk.I saw this Blu ray. and purchased it. It is fantastic. I don't have blu-ray discs, It didn't matter, the regular disc,s are so clear, the color is great, It's perfect. I purchased a 2 yr warranty for $9. Final note always go with the best, it's cheaper in the long run.
on July 8, 2015
Wanted this product to work since we have a large DVD and Blu-Ray collection, but it didn't. Couldn't get any of the Play, Stop, etc. buttons below the screen to work. Ended up returning the unit.
on July 8, 2014
I just ordered my second one. It stopped working within days. Also the seller removed a sticker that said "Refurbished." The seller made no mention that it was used or refurbished.
on September 25, 2014
After reading some of the reviews, I was a little apprehensive about ordering this one; however, I have the older model and it has lasted me 5 years. Yeah, I know it doesn't sound that long, but this gets played every single day, sometimes twice a day. It has gone on countless trips and has held up well. This DVD player was played today, and it is exactly like the old one. The screen is a little smaller, but I couldn't tell once the DVD was playing. The only negative I have is the cord is much shorter on this one. I had to move the power cord up on something in order for it to reach the DVD. Other than that, I have no complaints!! I think it is a little expensive, but I knew Sony was a good buy.

UPDATE - 1 YEAR LATER
I bought this September 20, 2014 - 1 year and 7 days ago. It has now stopped playing some of my blu ray DVD's. I know it is the player because I have put the affected DVD's into other players and they work fine. I would not recommend this player. To pay this kind of money and it only last 1 year is not worth the money.

Originally gave it 5 stars, but 5 stars would be for something that last longer than a year. so I am changing my star rating.
on September 6, 2014
We use this in a presentation/classroom setting, primarily because we've found that a presenter or instructor would prefer to see what's being sent to the projector independently, i.e., either while the projector is still warming up or while the projector is blacked out so as not to distract attendees or students. It helps us add a dimension of professionalism to keep menu navigation chores off-stage, as it were, and have the DVD or Blu-Ray paused right where it needs to be when it's time to direct folks' attention to the screen. So our reason for looking at a portable player has to do with being able to have a small screen located right on the player. Since it's not a permanent installation, like in a media cabinet, it also helps that the unit is small and light. One minor annoyance: once the unit is hooked up to an HDMI cable for output, the headphone jack is disabled. If you're trying to send the audio to a sound bar or other speaker system, you need an outboard audio separator. Not overly expensive, not hard to find, just a little confusing at first.
on October 2, 2013
Delivery on time! Took it out of the box, plugged it in, and enjoyed watching "Star Trek, Into Darkness". I will agree with you who will say it looks better on the big screen, but now I can take it into any room, or any place I would like to watch this movie!

On it's performance, I found nothing wanting! Having the remote control is awesome, I , incidentally own the non-blue ray version off this same machine, and I am satisfied with both!

One funny story. After watching this unit for two days, it stopped working! Boy was I upset. So I walked away thinking I was going to have to call and complain, and ship it back (not funny so far) then the next day with new energy I came back to the unit and started fiddling with it, and just to make sure it was plugged in correctly I checked my plugs, the plug I had used did not work so I was actually wooing off of the battery for TWO DAYS! Astounding! Once I figured out the problem it has performed perfectly! I really do recommend this unity.

Dgloversr
on May 9, 2013
I looked at many Portable DVD and Blu-ray Player's and chose this one it had an excellent picture and the battery lasts at least 4 hours or more, it plays any DVD or Blu-ray I have and some are very old. It was a good choice.
on May 20, 2013
Overall I'm really happy with this Blu-ray player. I find the sound quality without headphones/earbuds to be reasonable, and with them, excellent. The video quality is great as well. Navigation isn't as intuitive as I'd like, but I also transitioned from my portable Sony DVD player, so it could also be just me adjusting to new controls from what I've become accustomed to. The only drawback is the power cord is extremely short. My old player I could have plugged in beside the bed and the cord was long enough to comfortably sit on my lap. This new cord is super short, so it does not reach (even though the plug is straight down from the side of the bed). That's really the only thing I'd change.
on April 11, 2017
Great thing to have in your suitcase. Yea yea many ppl use the digital stuff. But I have a rather large collection of older DVDs and blue rays and this thing is awesome for traveling. Pretty sturdy and still works great!
on October 24, 2014
As a family that does a lot of car traveling, this product has been a god-send. The screen turns all the way around so it can sit safely on the center console but face backwards for the kids to watch. The sound level is strong and clear via the built-in speaker but it's best to play through car speakers. Also, when your driving is done, you simply plug into the hotel TV's HDMI port to watch more if desired and the remote comes in handy for that. The screen resolution doesn't strike me as amazing but it means you can buy Blue-ray discs for your home system and still play them on the road if you want. (When not traveling, we connect it to the TV in the guest bedroom for added convenience ... always nice to have an alternative space in case the parents want to use the bigger screen for themselves!)