- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Sony BDVE280 3D Blu-ray Disc Home Theater System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 1000 watt 5.1 channel surround sound (167 Wx5 +165 W)
- Internet streaming: Netflix, YouTube, Pandora & more
- 2x HDMI inputs with 3D pass-through support
- Includes iPod /iPhone dock (video, music and photos)
- Blu-ray 3D playback capability
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Watch movies in Full HD 1080p resolution, even in 3D with the BDV-E280 3D Blu-ray Disc home theater system. Packed with features, this Wi-Fi Ready 5.1-channel HD surround sound system delivers 1000 watts of room filling audio (167 Wx5 +165 W). Stream a wide selection of movies, TV episodes, music and live sports events from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora and many more. You can also use the included iPod/iPhone dock to access your favorite music, videos and photos or connect additional devices via the two HDMI inputs. Additional features include Quick Start/Load to watch movies faster than ever and a front USB slot.
Internet Video Streaming
Instantly stream a wide variety of online movies, videos, TV shows, music, and live sports from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, and more.
3D Blu-ray Disc Full HD 1080p playback
Enjoy 3D Blu-ray Disc movies in Full HD 1080p. Also supports standard Blu-ray Disc movies in high definition, upscales DVDs to near HD quality, and plays CDs for a complete entertainment experience.
Quick Start/Quick Load
Begin enjoying your entertainment faster than ever with one-touch access to starting your entertainment.
2x HDMI Inputs with 3D Pass-Through
Connect two HD sources via HDMI and easily switch between them.4 Enjoy 3D Blu-ray Disc movies, 3D video games and other 3D content with compatible players and HDTVs. Fast and easy, HDMI connections combine the quality of pure digital-to-digital signal transfer with the simplicity of a single connection for audio, video and control.
Wi-Fi Adapter Ready
Easily connect to your wireless broadband network with an optional USB Wi-Fi adapter (sold separately). Then stream your favorite digital Internet content across your home network, wirelessly--no need for an Ethernet cable.
Dolby True-HD and dts HD Codecs
Take advantage of the latest and best in Blu-ray Disc sound tracks with these enhanced surround sound audio codecs.
1000 Watts for Powerful Sound
Hear everything with incredible impact. The system delivers 1000 Watts of total power (165 Watts x 5 + 175 Watts).
iPod/iPhone Dock Included
Instantly enjoy your iPod or iPhone music, videos and pictures on your HDTV through the included dock.
Share your videos or photos on the big screen or listen to your favorite music. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device via the built-in USB input.
#1 Home Audio Brand based on units sold and dollars for the 12 months ending March 2011 in Total Home Audio, The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service.
#1 Home Video Brand based on units sold for 2010 according to The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service.
- Output Power: 1000 Watts
- Amplifier: 24-bit S-master
- Remote Control: Included
- iPod Dock: Included
- Networking: Ethernet; WiFi-ready with optional adapter
- Audio Decoding: DSD, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Prologic, Dolby TrueHD, LPCM
- Tuner: AM/FM with Auto Scan
- Tuner Presets: 20 (FM)
- Inputs: HDMI x 2; IR x 1; Optical x 1; Analog PIN x 1; USB x 1
- Outputs: HDMI x 1; Composite x 1
- Power Consumption: 160W; 0.3W in Standby
- Surround Speaker Dimensions: 3.3 x 8.6 x 3.7 in
- Surround Speaker Weight: 1.2 lbs
- Center Speaker Dimensions: 12.4 x 2.1 x 2.1 in
- Center Speaker Weight: 0.7 lbs
- Front Speaker Dimensions: 3.3 x 8.6 x 3.7 in
- Front Speaker Weight: 1.2 lbs
- Subwoofer Dimensions: 0.2 x 10.4 x 10.6 in
- Subwoofer Weight: 13.2 lbs
Top Customer Reviews
My complaints. Only has one usb slot in the back mainly used to connect ipod dock. Apparently has no internal memory for blu ray data(blu rays work fine so far without it). You would have to connect a usb flash if you want the memory(in the ONE usb slot available). And no built in wifi. You would have to get a separate wifi dongle sold by Sony for like 79.99(and once again attach it to the ONE usb slot available.)
Simple solutions, just use the ethernet cable instead of wireless. And buy a cheap usb splitter so you can add usb flash and ipod dock at the same time.
It may not be a great choice for larger rooms or houses but if you live in a dorm, studio, or bedroom this is a great choice.
so, easy to set up. Looks great! Sounds great! Easy to use! Great price! You can't ask for much more. Even the wife was happy!
- Length of speaker cables are less than required (especially for the center and sub woofer). I needed a longer cable since i use a projector and not a TV screen
- Yet to find a file format that can be played using the USB connect (does not seem to read any itunes/ mp3 formats)
- An additional wifi access point is required to connect to internet. Sony should have included in-built Wifi or a ethernet port
Pros: Great Sound quality
Excellent Sony Product Quality.
Netflix, Hulu, Youtube & more
2 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output. (Much better than systems with only 1 HDMI output and ARC. Other systems expect your HDTV to support Audio Return Channel or HDMI 1.4. This means that your
Home Theater can output Video to the TV, while the TV can output sound back to the receiver. However, IF YOUR TV DOES NOT SUPPORT ARC, then you're out of luck with other
receivers. Not the case with this system though.
Cons: Subwoofer could be stronger.
Cables could be a little longer. However, for my 15x10 bedroom, I had extra wire.
Overall, there are cheaper alternatives to this home theater BUT IF YOU WANT HDMI INPUTS, this system is the best option. You wont be disappointed with the quality of this system.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We bought this a couple of years ago and it works just fine. My only problem with it is that it is set up for Region 1 (will only play DVDs from the USA or other region 1 areas). Read morePublished 18 months ago by Amanda
gave it to goodwill my wife did not like it it was for her bedroom took up too much room got her a bose a few bucks more ha haPublished 21 months ago by Terterific
I originally bought this to replace a broken DVD/VHS combo system (I don't use VHS anymore). The Blu-ray feature is useful, as we only had a PS3 in another room previously. Read morePublished on April 3, 2014 by UNSC Jon 117
IT was a realy good buy and the sound is really good. We really enjoy this home theater at home.Published on March 5, 2014 by Miguel C