- Get a $10 credit toward an Amazon Music Unlimited - Individual Plan with your eligible audio device purchase! Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Sony BDVE3100 5.1 Channel Home Theater System
|You Save:||$51.99 (17%)|
- Power Output : 1000W Total (RMS): Center 250W, Surround 125W, Subwoofer 250W, Front 125W
- Built-in Wi-Fi: Stream Netflix, HuluPlus, Pandora & more
- Full HD 1080p: Upscale standard DVDs to near HD quality
- Wirelessly stream music from Bluetooth devices with just one-touch
- Full range bass reflex speaker system & 7.1-Inch subwoofer
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Sony BDVE3100 5.1 Channel Home Theater System
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Good As New Electronics||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||HDMI, Ethernet, USB, NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, FM Antenna||Wireless, Wi-Fi Built In, Bluetooth||—||Bluetooth, USB, HDMI, FM, Optical Audio Input, Analog Audio Input, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, NFC|
|Item Dimensions||15.55 x 19.49 x 19.49 in||10 x 16.9 x 11.7 in||11.7 x 16.9 x 2 in||15.75 x 21.88 x 19.88 in|
|Output Wattage||1,000 watts||1,000 watts||1,000 watts||1,000 watts|
|Number of Audio Channels||5.1||15.0||5.1||5.0|
Amp up the action, and fill your room with theater-like sound. With built-in Wi-Fi access blockbuster movies, shows, music, and more-right on your TV. Plus, easily connect your smartphone with one-touch Bluetooth pairing to start streaming your music instantly. You can now easily enjoy that perfect party mix in surround sound without the fuss of wires.
From the Manufacturer
Amp up the action, and fill your room with theater-like sound. With built-in Wi-Fi, access blockbuster movies, music, and more1 - right on your TV. Plus, easily connect your smartphone with one-touch Bluetooth pairing to start streaming your music instantly11. You can now enjoy that perfect party mix in surround sound without the fuss of wires.
Bring the movie theater experience home with the Full HD 1080p8 Blu-ray Disc player, vibrant 5.1 channel HD surround sound8, and 1000 Watts of power to immerse you in sound.
Easily connect to the internet without the clutter of cables1.
Enjoy 3D Blu-ray Disc movies3 in Full HD 1080p and upscale standard DVDs to near HD quality. Bring the 3D experience to your movie collection by converting 2D Blu-rays and DVDs into 3D movies6.
Learn more about your movies
Quickly display multimedia with the Front USB slot
Multi-room music with Party Streaming Mode
1. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity requires an 802.11 home network.
2. Requires 3D content, 1080p 3D HDTV, 3D glasses, 3D emitter, and HDMI cable (at least 10.2 Gbps).
3. Applications must be downloaded from the iTunes or Android application store. Check Android market from your device for compatibility. Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network.
4. Requires Sony HomeShare compatible products and a home network.
5. Requires a home network with content stored on a DLNA compliant PC or server, and HomeShare network speaker, dock, or Blu-ray Disc player or home theater system. See dlna.org for compatibility.
6. Simulated 3D image will vary based on source content.
7. Not all USB devices are supported. Please check Owner’s Manual for compatibility.
8. Requires compatible HDTV and HDMI cable sold separately.
9. Requires HDTV with equivalent display and HDMI cable sold separately.
10. Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network.
11. Requires NFC-enabled device and downloadable NFC app. Check device’s user manual for compatibility.
12. TV SideView Application must be downloaded from the iTunes or Google Play application store. Check Android market from your device for compatibility.
Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network.
13. Socialize requires user to have Twitter or Facebook account setup on player and internet connectivity.
14. Gracenote requires internet connection.
Top Customer Reviews
The next requirement I had was to leverage the HDMI linking functionality (BRAVIA Link by Sony, AQUAS Link by Sharp, Viera Link by Panasonic) which allows you to control TV and surround sound system with 1 remote. Before I found a killer deal on my Sharp TV I was going to go the Panasonic route, but I cannot pass up a good deal. This meant I would have to either use a sharp surround sound or pay $$$$ for a harmony remote. Getting a Sharp surround sound was out as they do not offer Blu-ray/Surround sound in 1. Before dropping a whole bunch of money for the Harmony remote I decided to see what would happen when I hooked everything up and to my great surprise the link function worked. This allows me to control the volume and power on and off the system. It also automatically switches TV inputs when I put in a Blu-ray or DVD. Essentially my surround sound system has become my TV speakers without me having to push any extra buttons, ever! I can control everything I need using the DirecTV remote.
I am very pleased with the quality of sound produced by the system though audio from the TV link is at a lower level than audio from the Blu-ray or other sources.
Comparing with my new Smart TV the GUI overall does not seem quite as polished. Despite this, I am very pleased with the huge amount of streaming options available on this system. There are at least double the options compared with my new Sharp Smart TV (including Amazon). I'll take content over polish any day!
I am still trying to work out exactly how to utilize the NFC connection for streaming audio. I've been able to do it a few times but I have not been able to wake the system out of standby mode using my NFC Smartphone. Generally I'm pleased with the Bluetooth audio streaming function. It is much more convenient to than using the native Pandora or other streaming music players allowing you complete control without requiring you to have your TV on.
Great Job Sony!
So I've had my Sony for a few months now and am still very pleased with it. Just a few things that I have experienced: Sometimes the audio link between my Sharp TV and the Sony gets confused (audio will play from both TV and surround sound or no audio from either). It isnt really a big deal I just have to turn both TV and Sony off and then restart and the issue is fixed. Happens maybe once every 2-3 weeks (usually because my kids are playing with the remotes).
Because my Audio is linked with my tv the receiver is never really "off" it just goes into standby mode. Start up is very quick but the shut down into standby mode seems to take quite a while, sometimes 30 seconds or so. Not a huge deal, just kinda annoying when my 5 year old turns off the sony while i'm still watching TV. Takes almost a min to get everything back up and running.
A month or two ago I had an issue with the Sony not being able to connect Netflix. It would error out even before getting to a log in screen. For a few weeks I ran netflix through my Smart TV but it really sucked as there was no way to route the sound to my sony. Tried a few things and finally got it fixed by resetting my TV to factory specs. I'm not sure why re-setting my TV fixed my surround sound netflix connection issues but it did. I have not had any Netflix issues since. works great!
Very pleased with the TV SideView: Remote by Sony app for my android phone. Recently the Sony remote was lost (yes my my 5 year old hid it; are you sensing a theme here...) spent about 10 min looking for it because I wanted to watch netflix (my direcTV remote will do everything i need for watching tv and blurays but will not navigate very well in the streaming apps) and then I remembered that I had the remote app. It works perfectly and does everything the real remote can do and allows you to enter text. Used the app for the next week until I was able to get my 5 year old to tell me where he hid the real remote.
Overall I am still very very happy with the Sony. Works very well streaming, playing BluRays and DVDs and even 3D blurays/directv 3d content (haven't done this too much). Still a wonderful unit!
Recently moved and spent about 4 hours connecting my "in wall" surround sound set up (thanks again for hard wiring the cables to the speakers Sony). Anyway, heat shrink is a great thing. I no longer have DirecTV but the same setup with the Bravia link works with my HD DVR from the cable company.
I did have an issue with the audio being off when watching Blu Rays and especially DVDs. My understanding is it is a delay caused by tv processing, but some quick minor adjustments to the BDV-e3100 A/V sync feature fixed it. Also, if you happen to lose the remote (thanks kids) and you wife does not want to use the sony app it is not available on Sony's web site. You will have to call and it will set you back about $30 when you add in shipping and tax. Still very happy with the system. Works perfectly for my needs.
1. I'll give it 4-stars for easy of install. Everything comes in the pack and is pre-wired with colored plugs so you know where everything plugs in. The wiring was plentyful (i was worried my space would be too big in my loft). This is plug n play territory.
2. DON'T BUY ANY ADDITIONAL WIRING - it is not needed (although Amazon will suggest it as soon as you add this to your cart saying "everybody else bought extra wiring too!")
FULL REVIEW: They made it pre-wired and easy to setup. That's the 4-star here. However, this is the reason i had to spend on another system, proprietary pre-wired components. If a wire goes out, good luck re-doing the wire with the propreitary connectors (unless you're REALLY good at that sort of thing and have the tools --- i was trained in audio/wiring with soldering so i'm not all that green at it). So this is a very easy unit to install.
SOUND? This is why we get this stuff right? As an audio engineer i would say the sound is very limited and a bit muddy - with not much you can do to customize it. There are presets but they're presets not by "color" (like Rock, Jazz, Classical, etc.) but presets by function (movie, video game, etc.). So you're stuck with how Sony decided those things should sound (but SONY.. you should know sound is dependent upon SPACE, not sound!) So not bad sound, but un-customizable and a bit muddy to my tastes.. but i'm a bit mid-range biased in that i don't like mid-range a whole lot). Bass is not that strong or all the perceptable at all. I'm typically used to hearing more rumble from systems. but this is actually a good thing. you can turn the volume up higher without worrying about disturbing neighbors. But if you want rumble, even at not so loud volumes - you will definitely want to look elsewhere.
INTERFACE/CONTROLS: enh could be better but what you do get is basically better than SMARTTV functionality as the unit comes with pre-installed apps for TONS of the most used media today (youtube, netflix, hulu, etc.) that you can run right from the unit while it does your 5.1 for you. awesome! Lastly, the displays are impossible to read on this unit - so when i switch to my PS4 input i sorta can tell when i hit the TV input (although the input previous to TV looks a lot like "TV" also and i get loud white noise at times).
OVERALL: decent value. easy to install. i guess it's not meant to be a high-end audiophile type unit. but more a convenient, don't want to spend my time installing, but watching/listening to movies! Lots of functionality. I'm happy to enjoy 5.1 now though...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
in our living room so we decided to purchase the same one.Read more