- Sleep Timer
Sony BRAVIA DAV-DZ170 Home Theater System
Want professional installation of this product?
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Pay only when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- 1000 watt (167x5+165 3ohm, 1kHz, 10%THD) 5.1 channel surround sound
- DVD upscaling to near HD picture quality via HDMI 1
- BRAVIA Sync controls compatible devices w/ one remote2
- Digital Cinema Audio Calibration for quick speaker set-up
- Easy Set-up Disc is included to guide you through the set-up process
- 1000 watt (167x5+165 3ohm, 1kHz, 10%THD) 5.1 channel surround sound
- BRAVIA Sync controls compatible devices with one remote
Add the cinematic thrill of surround sound to your TV viewing experience with this 5.1-channel BRAVIA theater system. Fusing style with performance, this 5.1-channel surround sound system features a built-in DVD player and 1000 watts of home theater power. You can also connect your iPod or other digital music player via the front USB port. In addition to Digital Cinema Auto Calibration which optimizes speaker placement in just 30 seconds, you can use the HDMI interface to upscale your DVD media to near-1080p quality.Inputs and Outputs: Component Video Output(s) : 1, Composite Video Output(s) : 1 and HDMI Output(s) : 1,Auto Calibration Mic Input(s) : Yes, Coaxial Audio Input(s) : 1, Optical Audio Input(s) : 1 and USB Input(s) : 1.Power AC 120 V, Power Consumption Operational 170 Watt and Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 0.2 Watt.Center Speaker: Size (W x H x D) (approx.) : 10.4" x 3.7" x 2.8" (265 x 94 x 70mm),Weight (approx.) : 1.3Lbs (0.6kg).Surround Speaker: Size (W x H x D) (approx.) : 4.1" x 6.5" x 3.3" (103 x 164 x 85mm),Weight (approx.) : 1.1 Lbs (.5Kg), Front Speaker: Size (W x H x D) (approx.) : 4.1" x 6.5" x 3.3" (103 x 164 x 85mm), Weight (approx.) : 1.1 Lbs (.5kg).Subwoofer: Size (W x H x D) (approx.) : 8.9" x 15.6" x 12.8" (225x395x325mm),Weight (approx.) : 14.3 Lbs (6.5Kg).Power AC 120 V, Power Consumption Operational 170 Watt and Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 0.2 Watt.What’s in the box: Sony DAV-DZ170 5.1 Channel DVD Home Theater System, Remote Control With Batteries (AA x 2), 4 x Satellite Speakers, Center Speaker, Subwoofer, Video Cord, FM Wire Antenna, Calibration Microphone, Quick Setup Guide, Operating Instructions, Easy Setup Disc (DVD) and 2-Year Sony Parts and Labor Warranty.
From the Manufacturer
Add the cinematic thrill of surround sound to your TV viewing experience with this 5.1-channel BRAVIA theater system. Fusing style with performance, this 5.1-channel surround sound system features a built-in DVD player and 1000 watts of home theater power. You can also connect your iPod or other digital music player via the front USB port. In addition to Digital Cinema Auto Calibration which optimizes speaker placement in just 30 seconds, you can use the HDMI interface to upscale your DVD media to near 1080p quality.
Upscales DVDs to Near HD via HDMI
Play and upscale the quality of your DVDs to near HD quality when using an HDMI cable (sold separately) and compatible HDTV.
Digital Cinema Auto Calibration
Ensure you get the best sound experience from your surround sound system with Digital Cinema Auto Calibration. Simply place the included microphone where you will be seated and settings are automatically optimized based on the distance, delays and placement of your speakers.
Multiple Format Disc Playback and CD Ripping
View movies and photos and listen to music using this DVD player with multiple format playback. The DAV-DZ170 supports DVD/DVD-RW/DVD-R/DVD+RW/DVD+R DL and CD-R/CD-RW discs plays WMA, AAC, and JPEG files.
Rip CDs to your USB drive using easy MP3 ripping to your USB drive so you can take your favorite songs on-the-go.
BRAVIA Sync Capable
Conveniently operate and control all your HDMI connected BRAVIA Sync devices with one remote including: Blu-ray Disc Players, BRAVIA HDTVs, home theater products, Handycam camcorders and Cyber-shot digital cameras.
iPod Compatibility and Connectivity
Connect your iPod product to the front USB port and access all of your favorite music.
Smart Remote Control
The included remote control provides convenient, one-touch access for key activities like watching your TV, listening to the radio, watching a DVD, or playing back MP3s from the USB port.
Easy Setup DVD
The DAV-DZ170 comes with an easy setup DVD and a one page guide, that gives basic speaker set-up instructions and simple connection options.
Top Customer Reviews
Set up is easy but time consuming, so as with most electronic set ups buyers should allow enough time to run the wires, position the rear speakers, attach everything and run the tests. There's fairly generous amount of speaker wire [wish they could have included about 5' more for the back speakers]; depending on how the room is arranged buyers might need to figure out creative ways to run the speaker wires for the back speakers. If it's impossible to properly place two speakers in the back of the room there is a setting which adjusts the sound for a set up where all speakers are located in the front.
The system comes with a 1-2-3 Step easy set up guide and also the more detailed instruction booklet. Speaker cords, input jacks, and speakers are color coded and clearly labeled. There's a disc included to run as part of setting up the speakers and testing the system.Read more ›
* A decent set of 5.1 surround-sound speakers to go with my new flat-panel HDTV, since in my experience, flat-panel TVs have less-than-stellar built-in speakers, due to their size
* A DVD player, since the one I had was old and crappy
* A setup that wouldn't break the bank
* A system that wasn't "smart" (i.e. internet-capable with apps for viewing online content), since the TV I ordered has that already
This system met all those requirements, and I'm pretty happy with it.
* Setup was easy, to the point where you don't really even need the instructions, since it's so intuitive
* The sound output is great, considering the price point this unit is being sold at. Yes, it's not a super-duper high-quality sound system that will blow away an audiophile, but for under $200 (I paid $179 for it, though I've seen the price fluctuate +/- $20 over time) it's a great system.
* The USB port in the front of the system is really convenient - it allows me to listen to music from my iPhone on the stereo, and it also charges the iPhone when it's plugged in. The remote control also works for the iPhone (play, pause, next, etc.), which is handy.
* The HDMI sync worked flawlessly, so the system turns on automatically when I turn on the TV (and not a Sony BRAVIA TV, for the record - it's an LG HDTV).
* The calibration mic included with the system makes it really easy to automatically calibrate the output of each of the speakers. Manually adjusting each individually after the fact if the auto calibration doesn't suit your needs is pretty easy, too.Read more ›
Overall, I prefer this setup to most component systems because A) it doesn't take up much space B) it reproduces sounds evenly and accurately C) the DVD upconversion is pretty good and D) the price is very nice. I down-sized from a 7.1 component setup and don't regret it for a second.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My only complaint is its not a very powerful system, but for the price what can you expect?Published 2 months ago by LifeIsLiving
We've enjoyed thousands of hours of TV and movies with our DAV DZ170, and it still sounds as great as it did on day one. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Todd D.
I had high expectations for this set up. HAD... I have owned the unit for about 2 years now and I'm pretty disappointed. The unit seems to be EXTREMELY over rated for power. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Alex Bergel
Went into some safe protection mode.... looked it up and I guess it's a common problem. Didn't even use a week and ended up in the closet... thanks so muchPublished 10 months ago by justin
I had this system for a couple of years and have replaced the subwoofer since then, but other than that it is lasting and the quality is good.Published 11 months ago by sideeous