Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 149 reviews
on April 4, 2012
I agree with the previous reviews regarding the picture quality: great right out of the box. And I use it with coax cable (antenna), not HDMI. Sound is decent. I haven't had it for long to comment on other features, but I think it is a great TV set for a small room. And very light indeed! I also tried the 32-inch Panasonic Viera, and the Sony has a much better image quality (to my liking, at least). It is definitely brighter, more vivid, and with more accurate color reproduction in its standard settings (the Viera has darker and duller image out of the box). The Sony also auto-detected many more analog and digital channels over the air. HD is great, I can't really tell the difference between 720p and 1080p in 32 inches, viewing angle is not as wide as the Viera, but doesn't disappoint. Finally, I connected my Lenovo media center PC via HDMI and the screen was recognized immediately, the resolution was set correctly, everything worked right out of box. Painless! (Of course the PC may have more to do with it than the TV, but anyway). And by the way, it works perfectly fine as a PC screen. Color is accurate, text is crisp, etc. I did not adjust anything :) Of course, from 10 feet away, text is too small to read due to the size of the screen being 32in, but from 3 feet away or so, everything looks sweet! To avoid any misunderstandings, the TV has the following connections: coaxial cable/antenna, 2 HDMI in, RGB and stereo mini (3.5mm) jack, composite and component video in, USB, optical audio out (S/PDIF), and an analog audio out. The latter can be used to hook it up to your stereo system or A/V receiver or alike via analog connection. I am not sure if it can be used with just your headphones, but if that is also true, that would be another big winner for this Sony. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with it.

Update 1: The analog audio out can be used to hook up your headphones :) And I tried it with the simplest headphones I had on hand (I am talking about my 3.5mm jack MP3 earplugs, without any type of amp!). Worked like a charm. On the default setting, you get sound from both the TV speakers and the analog audio out. Through the Menu/Sound you can select only the analog, so you can listen to it as loud as you want without disturbing anybody! An amazing feature for a TV at this price!

Update 2: I purchased a pair of wireless headphones and everything worked like a charm. Just make a note that the audio out is FIXED, not variable, so your headphones MUST have their own volume control (the remote's volume control works with the TV speakers only).
66 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2012
As the reviewer before me said, this set has the best picture quality! I made the bad mistake of connecting coax initially but the images were not too sharp so I thought I'd give HDMI a try.. eureka! It auto-detected and even auto-sized the screen so I'm using wide-screen format which takes up the entire screen (no black bars on the top or bottom). TV is very light too so won't worry about it falling and hurting kids. :-)

It has heaps of HDMI ports and even a VGA port where you can connect your laptop/computer (use it as a dual-monitor, etc.) Great for streaming sports from your computer to the TV/LCD.

I am impressed with the picture quality, especially HD obviously - the images are sharp, clear and life-like. In fact, I'll be shopping for a larger cousin of this model for my living room.

Still sticking with Sony after all these years...
on July 5, 2012
The Sony Bravia KDL32BX330 looks great when you use an HDMI cable. It has 1366 x 768 pixels, but it can receive & display 1080p. I primarily use it for gaming on my PS3, which looks beautiful. The HDTV actually runs at 1080/24p when you watch bluray movies and it looks amazing. The HDTV does have a little motion blur, but it's hardly noticeable to the average viewer. The speakers are weak which is expected for any HDTV today. I use an Astro A40 headset for sound so it's no problem for me. I spent many hours researching which HDTV to buy for my room and I am happy I choose this 32-inch Sony. I highly recommend it, if you are looking for a small quality HDTV, with plenty of connections. This LCD does not match the picture of a Plasma, but it's still above average for the price.

My Settings (Brighter, Sharper, Contrast)

Pic - Max
Noise Reduction - Low
Live Color - Low
Advance Contrast - High
Power Saving: Low

Other Settings (Smoother, Less Contrast, Less Brightness)

Pic - 57
Live Color - Off
Advance Contrast - Low
Power Saving: Off
on October 19, 2012
I had a older 32" LCD TV from Sony. While it was the lower end of their lineup when I bought it, it had lots of things going for it. The colors were very good, blacks were much blacker than this one, and input/outputs had more options.

What this version has going for it is the extremely light weight. But besides that, this TV isn't much different than any of the other basic TVs out there (from other brands like Panasonic).

One thing I can't stand about this TV is the Audio Out. Its only 1 port (like headphone jack) and when hooked to a older receiver, the TV can correctly push out both channels all the time. As I write, I notice that it flucuates between pushing sound and cutting sound in the left speaker. I've tried different cables and different speakers and no dice. My older Sony LCD never had this problem because it had both Right and Left sound outputs.
44 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2012
This is a clean-looking, lightweight TV set probably best used as a second TV for bedroom or den.

We marked it down to 4* for three reasons:

-The sound from the built-in speakers is adequate at best. Bass is weak. There are limited adjustments. The best alternative for us (options - sound mode) was "dynamic" which gives the clearest speech.

-The blacks aren't as deep as they might be.

-There is significant picture decline as the viewer moves off dead center.

That being said, this seems to be a well-built set at an attractive price and is recommended with reservations as noted.
on June 6, 2012
Just like my quest for a perfect razor blade. This is a TV I just bought about 2 weeks ago.
I have always been a big fan of Sony as a brand and the quality where they never compromise. On occasion though I have had to disagree: viz my mild disappointment buying Sony noise cancelling headphones. Anyhow coming back to this 32" Bravia. I read the reviews for this TV and seeing that 3 people have given it 1 star sort of bothered me. Then I went through the reviews and they were sort of personal/equipment complaints. This TV at close to 300 bucks is the best thing that amount of money can provide. I can say that with even more conviction as I have tried a Vizio and a Samsung before. But head to head, this TV though 720 as compared to 1080 on both the other brands, just make this comparison even a non-comparison. The picture quality is amazing. Just out of the box, no need to adjust any of the settings, this TV just blew me away. The only limiting factor could be what your source is. If you buy this and feel like the picture quality is not like my review I would say go ahead and watch a blu-ray, or Dish HD. I am sure it will amaze all your senses.
Sound: is a problem as noted by many other reviewers if you want to just listen to the TV speakers. It's sound does not do justice to the picture, and I did not expect it to ( so no disappointment for me). I already have a Sony home-theater system, and all I can say is: I am mesmerized. Guys in terms of picture quality nobody beats Sony ( my experience after being a Sony CRT owner and then trying to switch to other brands), as you can see after trying for about 2 years, I am back to my favorite brand and do not have any complaints.
on August 25, 2012
After a lot of comparison shopping, this was the best of the 32" LCDs I could find. Better features than comparable Samsung and LG models, and Amazon's price beats WalMart's for the same model number. When you include the savings on tax and Amazon's Super Saver Shipping, they beat WalMart by about $50. I used the Super Saver Shipping, as I usually do, and it still arrived in two days! Amazon has always been so great with the shipping.

I'm was very happy with the picture right out of the box, and love the Auto-adjustment of the picture size for HD and non-HD broadcast material. My LG doesn't do that for 16:9 formats on the SD channels. And the sound for the Sony is better than my LG set, although I still will primarily listen to it through my Sony AV receiver, as no LCD TV has great sound. It is helpful that this Sony has two audio outputs, something often absent on comparably priced sets.

The only feature I sacrificed in choosing this model was LED, but you can't get anywhere near this price with a Sony LED model.
on August 11, 2012
This TV is a great value. The picture is crystal clear and I personally think 720p is more than adequate in any TV under 40". The 32 inch screen is a lot more generous than you would think. Sony electronic products are still very high in quality. Ships & Sold by Amazon quickly and packaged well. Enjoy.
on January 4, 2013
Sony BRAVIA KDL32BX330 32-Inch 720p HDTV, Black

I purchased this product solely on the reviews and my past experiences with Sony TVs.

I've always had Sony TVs because of their reliability and color rendering. When my large 21" boat anchor TV from 1985 quit the other day due to a power supply failure, I went to Amazon to see what was available in LED HDTVs. This would be my first HDTV purchase. TVs are not my favorite down time go to for relaxation as I enjoy reading, photography, and my workshop keep my spare time full. (Mostly, the Honey Do List keeps me very busy) However, when I purchase something to fill the void, I purchase the best for the dollar spent for my needs.

The reviewers of this HDTV convinced me to stay with SONY, and am glad I listened because I'm not disappointed. The hookup was as easy as taking fruit from the fridge. The reviewers suggested the hookup be done using an HDMI cable, and that suggestion was spot on as the latest version cable streams audio and video seamlessly, and at the correct screen format. The TV needed no fine tuning from the factory settings. The TV supply company's remote control found the correct remote control code within a couple seconds to operate the TV from the TV supplier's control box: Such as channel surfing, muting, and volume control. Therefore, I don't need the SONY TV remote that came with the unit unless I need to make TV fine tuning adjustments. (Note: you must buy the HDMI cable separately. The cost for the cable on Amazon is 5-18 bucks by length purchased, and if you have a TV provider make sure their box has an HDMI port.)

My initial praising of this HDTV would only change if the unit fails within the extended warranty. After a week of use, though, I'm happier than a Slinky on an escalator. It's a great addition to the bedroom, and plan on getting another for the workshop. The TV weighs less than 15#, and is a featherweight compared to the old picture tube type.

Sony also did its research on how to ship the product to minimize any normal shipping hazards of their product. The product is designed packed very well, and great packaging always impresses me because it shows that they design the total product spectrum for A-Z reliability. This anticipation is more important for electronics, and Sony knows this importance for customer satisfaction thereby eliminating any future aggravation with all parties involved. Moreover, the packaging is all recyclable.

This SONY HDTV earns 5-stars for all of the reasons above and in its price range. Experientially, my older TV would have cost as much to repair as replacing it with this modern HDTV. This HDTV LED is almost as sharp as a Plasma TV for its 32" size, but three times less the cost. Of course that's not a good comparison because Plasmas are in a class all their own, but stated here to emphasize how sharp this LED really is from what I've seen in the big box stores.

I also will be hooking it up to the 2nd HDMI port on the TV to my computer's HDMI port when I get another HDMI cable, and will update this review about my thoughts when using the HDTV as a monitor. It should, however, be nothing short of great because this HDTV is more than four times the surface area of the computer's screen and should remain just as sharp.

I highly recommend this HDTV as one of the best I've seen in its class. You won't be disappointed unless you think you're getting a $3000 theater TV with all of the popcorn.
on May 14, 2012
We received this Sony TV in a little more than twenty four hours from the time we ordered it. Our previous TV just quit after several years of use and my fiance' is an avid TV watcher....lol
This televsion was a great answer and I can not believe how fast we received it. Plugged it in and here we go...
Thanks Amazon and Sony for a great product.
Sincerely,