- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX800 55-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV, Black (2010 Model)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 55-inch Dynamic Edge LED-backlit HDTV with Full HD 1080p resolution, ready for you to enjoy 3D movies, sports and videogames with optional accessories
- Motionflow 240Hz technology for smoothest motion in fast action sports and games, BRAVIA Engine 3 fully digital video processor
- Wi-Fi ready (with optional dongle), access to BRAVIA Internet video, USB port for photos, music and video playback
- Inputs , 4 HDMI, 2 component, 2 composite, 1 PC, 1 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 optical digital audio output.
- Includes removable stand, measures 50.4 x 31.5 x 13.8 inches with stand
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Sony
- Model Number: KDL55HX800
- Display Technology: led
- Display Size: 55.00 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
From the Manufacturer
Designed to deliver dazzling Full HD 1080p resolution, this 55-inch BRAVIA HX800 Series HDTV (model KDL55HX800) features advanced dynamic LED backlighting technology for incredibly high contrast levels, deep blacks and bright whites. And get ready for a three-dimensional revolution in your living room with the HX800's 3D capabilities. Just add the optional Sony sync transmitter and active glasses to experience movies and video games in 3D like never before Full HD 1080p, or convert 2D to 3D with a push of a button on your remote.
All 3D BRAVIA TVs are supported by a rapidly increasing variety of 3D content, including the latest Hollywood movies on Blu-ray 3D disc; sport, music, natural history and entertainment from new 3D cable and satellite channels; even 3D games such as WipEout HD and MotorStorm Pacific Rift for the PlayStation3.
Enjoy incredible contrast and sharp, vibrant images with the Dynamic Edge LED backlight plus see smooth motion detail during fast-action scenes with the Motionflow PRO 240Hz technology. Edge LED-backlit HDTVs consume less power than conventional LCD televisions and contain no mercury. The Deep Black Panel also provides incredible contrast and minimized reflections. Finally, the BRAVIA Engine 3 video processor produces superior, life-like image with amazing contrast and color.
Go beyond your scheduled programming and connect to the internet to instantly stream a wide variety of movies, TV shows, videos and music from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, Slacker and more. You can even add a Wi-Fi adapter (sold separately) to wirelessly connect to your home network and access the internet without the mess of unsightly wires. Other features include 6 HD inputs (4 HDMI, 2 component), a USB port for photo, music, and video playback on the TV, an Ethernet port (for wired networking), and VESA compliant wall mounts.
Full HD 1080p Resolution: Experience Full HD 1080p picture quality, the highest at-home resolution, and take full advantage of HD sources like a Blu-ray Disc Player or PlayStation3 gaming console via the 16:9 wide screen panel (1920 x 1080).
Dynamic Edge LED backlight: Experience incredible contrast in a slim design with Dynamic Edge LED backlight technology.
3D in Full HD: Enjoy an immersive, realistic movie and gaming experience in Full HD 1080p using Sony's 3D accessories (3D sync transmitter and 3D active glasses, both sold separately) and connecting a compatible 3D Blu-ray Disc Player or PlayStation3 gaming console. Convert standard 2D personal content into 3D with the push of a button on your remote.
Motionflow PRO 240Hz Technology: Experience smoother motion detail and clarity with Motionflow PRO 240Hz technology. Motionflow PRO 240Hz technology increases the frame rate and applies Image Blur reduction to deliver a crisp, fluid viewing experience during fast-action scenes.
Wi-Fi Adapter Ready: Enjoy the convenience of wireless connectivity for your home entertainment network and make accessing your online entertainment--including movies, photos, music, videos and more--even easier (Wi-Fi dongle required; sold separately).
BRAVIA Internet Video: Instantly stream a wide variety of movies, TV episodes, videos and music from a large selection of entertainment apps including: Netflix, YouTube, Slacker, and more. (Learn More)
BRAVIA Engine 3: Enjoy Sony's most advanced processing system for superior image detail, exceptionally vibrant, life-like images, reduced noise and optimized contrast and color with the BRAVIA Engine 3 fully digital processor.
Ambient Sensor: Get a natural looking picture whether you are watching movies late at night or playing video games during the day with an Ambient Sensor that automatically adjusts the picture color based on a room's lighting.
24p True Cinema: Movies consist of 24 images per second, and cannot be faithfully reproduced on conventional televisions, resulting in unnatural, jerky movements. But 24p True Cinema displays the 24 progressive images as they should be, in the same sequence as the original film source. Now, you can recreate the visual clarity of cinema-quality movies in the comfort of your own home.
USB Input: Share your photos on the big screen or listen to your favorite music. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device directly to your HDTV's USB input.
Deep Black Panel: Enjoy crisp, vibrant images, incredible contrast and minimized reflections with a specially coated Deep Black Panel display.
Energy Saving Switch: Eliminate standby power consumption without having to unplug your TV. Simply turn the Energy Saving Switch to off position and the TV no longer draws energy from the power source.
- Screen size: 55 inches
- CineMotion Reverse 3:2 Pulldown Technology: Yes
- 24p True Cinema Technology: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- TV Guide On-Screen: Yes
- Deep Color: Yes
- Live Color Technology: Yes
- Auto Picture Setting w/ HDMI: Cinema, Sport, Music, Photo, Graphics, Game
- Speakers: 2x 10W (20 watts of total power)
- 5.1 Channel Audio Out: Yes
- Dolby: Dolby Digital
- USB Application(s) : Photo Viewer (jpeg), Photo Viewer (RAW), Music Player (mp3), Video Player (AVCHD), Video Player (AVC), Video Player (MPEG4)
- Tuners: ATSC, NTSC, Clear QAM
- VESA wall mounting pattern: 400 x 300
- Warranty: 1 year labor and parts
- Energy Star compliant: Yes
- TV with stand: 50.4 x 31.5 x 13.8 inches (WxHxD); 59.3 pounds
- TV without stand: 50.4 x 30.1 x 2.8 inches (WxHxD); 49.8 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- HDMI: 4 (2 side, 2 rear; HDMI PC input capability)
- Component: 2 (1 side, 1 rear)
- Composite A/V: 2 (1 side, 1 rear shared with component)
- Ethernet: 1
- RF: 1 (rear)
- USB 2.0: 1 (side)
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1 (side)
- Analog audio inputs: 3 (2 side, 1 rear)
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
What's in the Box
BRAVIA HX800 Series HDTV, remote control (with batteries), AC power cord, table top stand, operating instructions
Have your favorite internet content delivered to your TV screen with BRAVIA Internet Video. Stream movies, videos, music and more with BRAVIA Internet Video from a wide variety of sources and services, including:
|Amazon Instant Video provides instant access to over 50,000 hit movies and TV shows directly on your Sony BRAVIA HDTV. Watch new release movies as soon as they're on DVD and TV shows the day after they air, with thousands of titles available in HD--all commercial free.|
|Netflix: Instantly watch thousands of TV episodes and movies streamed from Netflix right to your Sony BRAVIA HDTV--watch as much as you want, any time you want. (Netflix unlimited membership required for Netflix feature functionality.)|
|Crackle: The next-generation video entertainment network with hundreds of movies, TV shows, and original series from the vast Sony Pictures library.|
|Pandora Internet Radio: Free, personalized internet radio playing only music you love. Pandora brings an effortless personal soundtrack into your living room. Enter your favorite artists and enjoy stations created just for you. Rate songs as they play, because Pandora caters to your tastes and adapts stations to your feedback on the spot.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
By the way, I own the 40 inch of this model.
I have owned and do own SEVERAL TVs, ranging from brands and types. I am a HUGE audio/video phile, and I always have been since the introduction of high definiton teleivision. I'm going to break this review down into a few parts.
SETUP + BUILD QUALITY
- Pretty straight forward. Easy to assemble, but the back semi circular black piece doesn't like to stay in place and doesn't feel super high quality. The stand however feels sturdy especially once the TV is screwed into it. This is an easy part, it's four screws which is nothing difficult. Now, onto the TV. Compared to other Sony models I've owned or do own (S5100, XBR4, SXRD XBR2, Trinitron 34 inch CRT, EX 46 inch), this TV feels VERY high quality. The bezel feels very well made and produced, unlike a few Sonys I've seen before. The screen also feels very high quality, and is not super reflective, unless there's a lot of light. Then, it gets interesting. The remote is set up decently, but may be a little confusing to some. Again, straightforward. Upon turning on the TV you'll enter a setup screen etc, you know the rundown. You will be prompted to set up an internet connection, and when you do you'll have tons of interesting aps to keep you busy for a while. Netflix and the Golf channel are to name a few. The menu system is also similar to that of the Playstation 3, and is VERY easy to navigate. Good rating here Sony.
FEATURES + INPUTS
Pretty short category. FOUR HDMI ports! That's pretty decent. You'll have standard Component, Composite, Tuner, and PC inputs. All put very well on the back or side of the TV.Read more ›
2D is amazing, and 3D is stunning! I didn't notice ghosting when viewing native 3D content as compared to the Samsung/LG sets (where ghosting was extremely obvious). Although this is an LCD set, the 3D clarity were similar to the Panasonic plasma sets I also tried. I ended up going with this set because the glasses felt better designed.
Only negative is the limited native 3D content so far... but things should get better by this winter and early next year. Can't wait for some football on ESPN 3D.
UPDATE (11/28/2010): I've had this set for a little over 3 months now and my opinion on it is still the same, better if it was possible to go over 100%.
As stated before, amazing picture quality both in 2D and 3D.
It wasn't an important feature for me when I purchased this set, but I am now starting the realize how nice the black levels are on this set. Once you get used to the black levels on this TV, you will notice the mediocre black levels on cheaper or traditional LCD HDTVs and finally see what you've been missing by not getting a Plasma... but this is a LCD (LED) set that has black levels comparable to Plasmas - a must see. Plasmas are absolutely a non option for me because I do a lot of gaming and pause my DVR alot, don't want to deal with burn in problems down the road.Read more ›
This LED-LCD TV has much Thinner sides allowing me to fit this in my Entertainment Center as it was only 2.5 inches wider than my Samsung PN50C590 (47.8 wide). 5 More inches while only sacrificing 2.5" of width. Sweet. (This ones 50 3/8" wide)
So when I started the Hunt for a New TV the Question was do I want 3D.?.?
I went to several stores and demoed several 3D TVs.
The Samsung 7000 Series had a deal like this going on, but I was underwhelmed by that TV, Maybe it was a Weak Demo?
The Panasonic was more impressive in terms of the 3D then the Samsung, but the Demo left me wondering why nothing was moving very Fast.?.? Perhaps there is ghosting issues? I don't know... I next Tried out the Sony which the Guy Helping me said was his Favorite. I was much more impressed with the 3D, especially when MotorStorm hit the Screen.
At this Point I did not buy the TV cause I like to do research before jumping.
I found a good Deal for the TV, 3D Transmitter, and 2 Pairs of Glasses with a 3D BluRay Player / Surround System.
After getting it all home and having it for a week I am even more impressed.
MotorStorm 3D Rift which is different than MotorStorm Pacific Rift, same tracks but the Disc Version does not have 3D, that game is wicked impressive. It is in the Playstation Store, there is a 1 Level Demo as Well. Super Stardust HD is also patched for 3D and is really cool as well. It can be more fun to die cause a bunch of Particles Fly out at you when you die... Sweet.
The 3D content will automatically turn the 3D on. The 3D button on the Remote will allow you to use a Simulated 3D on 2D programs.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
PIECE OF JUNK! No support.... BUYER BEWARE!...AND I PAID: $1548.94 FOR THIS PIECE OF S
After a year and a half a vertical line started to develop. Read more
This tv is still in use in my living room. I have not had any problems with it at all. I highly recommend Sony tvs.Published 2 months ago by Josscue
If you are happy with your Sony TV, wait 2 years before you post a comment...
My Sony TV failed right after the guaranty was over. Read more
Died after a few years. Victim of the 7 flashes of death. No parts available for repair....This was a issue with the series.Published 14 months ago by F Davis
Purchased 4 years ago through Amazon. Awesome picture, great sound, and still runs like new today 4 years later!Published 15 months ago by Tim Kightlinger RN
I've had this TV since 2011 and it's still just as awesome. People are still blown away from the motion sense picture. It's an amazing TV for the price. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Terrance Wyatt
Bought it when it first came out, basically has been on the whole time. Never had a problem, will continue to use it as I am getting a new 60 inch Sony. Best out there.Published 17 months ago by AMK