- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Sony BRAVIA KDL55NX810 55-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV, Black (2010 Model)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Includes removable stand; measures 50.25 x 31.5 x 12.75 inches with stand
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 1 component, 2 composite, 1 PC, 1 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 optical digital audio output
- Motionflow 240Hz technology for smoothest motion in fast action sports and games; BRAVIA Engine 3 fully digital video processor
- 55-inch Dynamic Edge LED-backlit HDTV with Full HD 1080p resolution
- Integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi; access to BRAVIA Internet video and widgets; USB port for photos, music and video playback
- 55-inch Dynamic Edge LED-backlit HDTV with Full HD 1080p resolution; ready for you to enjoy 3D movies, sports and videogames with optional accessories
- Integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi; access to BRAVIA Internet video and widgets; USB port for photos, music and video playback,Dynamic Contrast Ratio : Infinite
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Sony
- Model Number: KDL55NX810
- Display Technology: LED-lit
- Display Size: 55 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Experience premium picture quality and amazing motion detail in a revolutionary design with the BRAVIA NX810 Series LCD HDTV with 3D. In addition to a striking Monolithic Design, this 3D HDTV features Dynamic Edge LED backlight technology for incredible contrast plus Wi-Fi connectivity for convenient access to entertainment. Add the Sony 3D sync transmitter and active glasses (each sold separately) to experience 3D movies and video games in Full HD 1080p or convert 2D to 3D with a push of a button on your remote control.
Experience Full HD 1080p picture quality, the highest at-home resolution, and take full advantage of HD sources like a Blu-ray Disc Player or PlayStation3 gaming console via the 16:9 wide screen panel (1920 x 1080).
Experience smoother motion detail and clarity with Motionflow PRO 240Hz technology. Motionflow PRO 240Hz technology increases the frame rate and applies Image Blur r
Designed to deliver dazzling Full HD 1080p resolution, this 55-inch BRAVIA NX810 Series HDTV (model KDL55NX810) features advanced dynamic LED backlighting technology for incredibly high contrast levels, deep blacks and bright whites. And get ready for a three-dimensional revolution in your living room with the NX810's 3D capabilities. Just add the optional Sony sync transmitter and active glasses to experience movies and video games in 3D like never before Full HD 1080p, or convert 2D to 3D with a push of a button on your remote.
All 3D BRAVIA TVs are supported by a rapidly increasing variety of 3D content, including the latest Hollywood movies on Blu-ray 3D disc; sport, music, natural history and entertainment from new 3D cable and satellite channels; even 3D games such as WipEout HD and MotorStorm Pacific Rift for the PlayStation3.
Enjoy incredible contrast and sharp, vibrant images with the Dynamic Edge LED backlight plus see smooth motion detail during fast-action scenes with the Motionflow PRO 240Hz technology. Edge LED-backlit HDTVs are also more as they consume less power than conventional LCD televisions and contain no mercury. Additionally, the BRAVIA Engine 3 video processor produces superior, life-like image with amazing contrast and color.
Experience an innovative, monolithic design via the OptiContrast panel. As you watch, the on-screen images appear to float on top of the glass. Turn the set off, and the picture seemingly fades away. To ensure nothing distracts your viewing experience, the OptiContrast panel also improves picture accuracy while reducing glare and reflection.
This NX810 HDTV also offers integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, enabling you to connect to a wide range of streaming video sites--including Netflix and Crackle--as well as widgets to get headline news and updates from Facebook and Twitter. You can also stream content directly from your compatible PC to this DLNA Certified HDTV. Other features include 5 HD inputs (4 HDMI, 1 component), a USB port for photo, music, and video playback on the TV, an Ethernet port (for wired networking), and VESA compliant wall mounts.
See a comparison of all Sony HDTV models below.
Full HD 1080p Resolution: Experience Full HD 1080p picture quality, the highest at-home resolution, and take full advantage of HD sources like a Blu-ray Disc Player or PlayStation3 gaming console via the 16:9 wide screen panel (1920 x 1080).
Dynamic Edge LED backlight: Experience incredible contrast in a slim design with Dynamic Edge LED backlight technology.
3D in Full HD: Enjoy an immersive, realistic movie and gaming experience in Full HD 1080p using Sony's 3D accessories (3D sync transmitter and 3D active glasses, both sold separately) and connecting a compatible 3D Blu-ray Disc Player or PlayStation3 gaming console. Convert standard 2D personal content into 3D with the push of a button on your remote.
Motionflow PRO 240Hz Technology: Experience smoother motion detail and clarity with Motionflow PRO 240Hz technology. Motionflow PRO 240Hz technology increases the frame rate and applies Image Blur reduction to deliver a crisp, fluid viewing experience during fast-action scenes.
Built-In Wi-Fi: Enjoy the convenience of built-in wireless connectivity (Wireless-N; 802.11b/g/n) to your home entertainment network and make accessing your online entertainment--including movies, photos, music, videos and more--even easier.
BRAVIA Internet Video: Instantly stream a wide variety of movies, TV episodes, videos and music from a large selection of entertainment apps including: Netflix, YouTube, Slacker, and more. (Learn More)
BRAVIA Internet Widgets: Personalize your viewing experience by adding information apps to your screen so you can instantly access the latest local news, weather, sports headlines, as well as Twitter and Facebook updates.
BRAVIA Engine 3: Enjoy Sony's most advanced processing system for superior image detail, exceptionally vibrant, life-like images, reduced noise and optimized contrast and color with the BRAVIA Engine 3 fully digital processor.
LightSensor Technology: Automatically increase or decrease the level of brightness of your TV's backlight based on a room's lighting conditions with the integrated LightSensor technology. Dim the lights to watch a movie and the sensor dims the backlight, which also helps reduce unnecessary power consumption.
24p True Cinema: Movies consist of 24 images per second, and cannot be faithfully reproduced on conventional televisions, resulting in unnatural, jerky movements. But 24p True Cinema displays the 24 progressive images as they should be, in the same sequence as the original film source. Now, you can recreate the visual clarity of cinema-quality movies in the comfort of your own home.
USB Input: Share your photos on the big screen or listen to your favorite music. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device directly to your HDTV's USB input.
OptiContrast Panel: Enjoy improved picture accuracy and deeper blacks with the OptiContrast panel technology when you are watching.
Energy Saving Switch: Eliminate standby power consumption without having to unplug your TV. Simply turn the Energy Saving Switch to off position and the TV no longer draws energy from the power source.
- Screen size: 55 inches
- CineMotion Reverse 3:2 Pulldown Technology: Yes
- 24p True Cinema Technology: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- TV Guide On-Screen: Yes
- Deep Color: Yes
- Live Color Technology: Yes
- Auto Picture Setting w/ HDMI: Cinema, Sport, Music, Photo, Graphics, Game
- Picture Mode: Vivid, Standard, Custom, Cinema, Game-Standard, Game-Original, Sports, Graphics, Photo-Vivid, Photo-Standard, Photo-Original, Photo-Custom
- Speakers: 2x 10W (20 watts of total power)
- 5.1 Channel Audio Out: Yes
- Dolby: Dolby Digital
- USB Application(s) : Photo Viewer (jpeg), Photo Viewer (RAW), Music Player (mp3), Video Player (AVCHD), Video Player (AVC), Video Player (MPEG4)
- Wireless LAN: Integrated (802.11b/g/n)
- Tuners: ATSC, NTSC, Clear QAM
- VESA wall mounting pattern: 300 x 300
- Warranty: 1 year labor and parts
- Energy Star compliant: Exceeds Energy Star version 4.0
- TV with stand: 50.25 x 31.5 x 12.75 inches (WxHxD); 71 pounds
- TV without stand: 50.25 x 30.4 x 1.4 inches (WxHxD); 59.3 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- HDMI: 4 (2 side, 2 rear; HDMI PC input capability)
- Component: 1 (side)
- Composite A/V: 2 (1 side, 1 rear shared with component)
- Ethernet: 1
- RF: 1 (rear)
- USB 2.0: 1 (side)
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1 (side)
- Analog audio inputs: 3 (2 side, 1 rear)
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
What's in the Box
BRAVIA NX810 Series HDTV, remote control (with batteries), AC power cord, table top stand, operating instructions
Have your favorite internet content delivered to your TV screen with BRAVIA Internet Video. Stream movies, videos, music and more with BRAVIA Internet Video from a wide variety of sources and services, including:
|Amazon Video on Demand provides instant access to over 50,000 hit movies and TV shows directly on your Sony BRAVIA HDTV. Watch new release movies as soon as they're on DVD and TV shows the day after they air, with thousands of titles available in HD--all commercial free.|
|Netflix: Instantly watch thousands of TV episodes and movies streamed from Netflix right to your Sony BRAVIA HDTV--watch as much as you want, any time you want. (Netflix unlimited membership required for Netflix feature functionality.)|
|Crackle: The next-generation video entertainment network with hundreds of movies, TV shows, and original series from the vast Sony Pictures library.|
|Pandora Internet Radio: Free, personalized internet radio playing only music you love. Pandora brings an effortless personal soundtrack into your living room. Enter your favorite artists and enjoy stations created just for you. Rate songs as they play, because Pandora caters to your tastes and adapts stations to your feedback on the spot.|
| With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Sony HDTV Comparison
|Models:||32"||22"||32", 40"||32", 40"|| 32", 40", |
| 32", 40", |
| 32", 40", |
| 40", 46", |
|40", 46"|| 46", 55", |
|Panel type||LCD (CCFL)||LCD (CCFL)||LCD (CCFL)||LCD (CCFL)||LCD (CCFL)||Edge LED||Edge LED|| Dynamic |
|Edge LED|| Dynamic |
|Full HD 1080p||--||--|
|Video processing||Engine 2||Engine 3||Engine 2||Engine 3||Engine 2||Engine 2||Engine 3||Engine 3||Engine 3||Engine 3|
|Wireless LAN||--|| Ready |
|Blu-ray Disc Player||--||--||--||--||--||--||--||--||--|
|Digital audio output||Optical||Optical||Optical||Optical||Optical||Optical||Optical||Optical||Optical||Optical|
|HDMI PC input|
|USB 2.0 port||1 (svc only)||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|MPEG 1/2 video playback||--||--||--||--||--||--||--|
|MPEG 4/AVCHD video playback||--||--||--||--|
|TV Guide onscreen||--||--||--||--|
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
My one complaint is that the sound is not what you would expect from a $3K new Sony. The sound is a cheap sound(tinny),and did not meet by expectations since it has 3 speakers built-in. I ended up adding on the $359 NX810 optional stand (Bushin)(SU-B550S) that includes a better 2.1 sound system to compensate. This one option proved to be worth every penny as the audio is now full and deep.
I am still playing with the video settings, but I have noticed that imperfections of the incoming signal are much easier to discern than my previous LCD. In fact on the same broadcast, a bad shimmer in the background, will go away and a brilliant fine detail picture comes on when they shift cameras like in a news broadcast
This NX has wired Ethernet and wireless connectivity, and the streamed HD video from Amazon is excellent. In order for you to stream Dolby 5.Read more ›
Moving on to the actual unit, here's the Pros:
- Stunning design. It is easily the prettiest TV in its price range. It doesn't have ugly, useless, transparent borders or colored bezels that glow or simply waste space. It is also reasonably thin, but nowhere near the paper-thin stuff you see from Samsung.
- Great menu navigation. This TV uses the standard cross-bar navigation I have first seen on the PS3, but somehow it works a lot better than on the console, perhaps because there are fewer items to scroll through, and they are easier to understand.
- Great image quality (minus one nasty problem I'll discuss later). It doesn't look any better (or worse) than a comparable set by Samsung or LG, but Sony's implementation of motion-blur reduction ("motionflow") appears to be much better than what I've seen on Samsung TVs. On other sets, people normally turn this feature off, and it gained the dubious nickname of "soap-opera effect". On this TV, the feature seems to work as advertised, and it doesn't get too much in the way (and, it can always be turned off).
...Read more ›
Finally, Amazon's holiday 'Cyber-Week' discount pricing and combination bundle deals (3D accessory kit w/Alice 3D AND a 160GB 3D-capable PS3, both free) were way too good to pass up.
So in my usual meticulous way I checked out all the offers of comparably-sized sets on Amazon, as well as reviews online, and I even made a trip to our local Costco to check out their display sets, so I could see for myself the difference between regular LCD, edge-lit LED LCD, plasma, and DLP televisions. Of all of them, it seemed to me the Sony KDL-55NX810 blew the rest away, with only a few of the plasma models coming even close. Between the Samsung and the Sony 3D set-ups there in the store, I felt the latter had the superior 3D effects and shutter glasses, plus overall the Sony looked to be the better quality.
Unlike some folks who bought through Amazon, we had no problem with the Pilot freight shipping. They arrived right within the scheduled time, unboxed the TV, attached it to its base and put it on the cabinet we already had set and ready for it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
keeps turning off and is very slow sometimes. Never tried the 3d feature maybe i should and post how it goes.Published on April 3, 2014 by Stefan Grozlekov
There are far better tv's and software provided instead of this KDL.
Samsung is one of the best. Read more
Great TV and high quality. Like the picture quality, and also its WiFi function, as well as many other functions.Published on January 26, 2013 by NYYCL
I was rather pleased with this unit. My minor quibble was with the built-in speakers, which are a bit tinny. It wasn't a bother for me, since I use a home theater system. Read morePublished on December 7, 2012 by BRS
I purchased this TV at a discount ($500) direct from Sony as part of a class action lawsuit for a previous Sony TV that I owned that developed optical block issues that resulted in... Read morePublished on July 9, 2012 by toph24
My TV is only 1.5 years old. It won't power on now. I read on Sony's website that otehrs have this problem also. Will have to pay out of pocket!!
Ordered this t-v to upgrade my 32" ,HD TV. Delivery was as promised, except several hours late, came at 8PM. Read morePublished on March 13, 2012 by moparman59
This TV is awesome. Looks beautiful on or off. I love all of the user interface and easy to follow. Read more