Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony Bloggie Touch Camera, 4-Hour (Black) (Discont..." and save 76% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony Bloggie Touch Camera, 4-Hour (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Format_Dv,_Vhs - HD MP4
- Lcd_Display - 3"
- Zoom - 4X Digital
- Pixels - 12.8MP
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Sony Bloggie Touch Camera, 4-Hour (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$5.62||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||USAMerchant||USAMerchant||ArchStanton||Amazon.com||Smith & Cao Fulfillments|
|Screen Size||3 in||3 in||2.7 in||2.4 in||3 in||2 in|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||—||CMOS|
|Video Capture Resolution||1920 x 1080||1080p_hd||1080p_hd||1080 x 720||1080p||1080p_hd|
The Bloggie Touch camera captures web-friendly HD MP4 video and 12.8MP images while featuring a capacitive touch-screen for simple touch & slide operation. Integrated software makes it easy to share videos and images on Facebook or YouTube. Record up to 4 hours of HD video on its 8GB of internal memory
From the Manufacturer
Bloggie Touch CameraA touch of brilliance
Tap into the action with a 3-inch capacitive-touch screen, 12.8-megapixel stills and web-friendly 1080p HD video.
Hands-on happinessThe name of the game here is simplicity. Slide your finger across the large, 3-inch capacitive-touch screen and view your photos and videos with ease. The no-nonsense menu system and helpful icons are a joy to behold.
Straight up versatilityNo matter how you hold the camera, you get a clear view of the action just the way you like it. Hold it vertically for taller shots, or hold it horizontally for wider angles. The choice is yours.
Take stills while shooting videoShoot high quality photos even while shooting high-def, video. For instance, let's say while you're shooting video, you decide that it would also make a great still shot. Just press the shutter and you got it.
Easy shooting. Easy sharingNow you can record and share those must-see moments easier than ever. Every Bloggie captures HD video and fits right in your pocket. Best of all, uploading your videos to the internet is a cinch.
ShootWhen fun happens, your Bloggie is there. Shoot life's must-see, must-share moments in beautiful high definition.
|Full HD 1080P Video |
Capture beautiful, 1080P video in the web-friendly MP4 format, perfect for uploading to sites like YouTube. The handy HDMI out even lets you watch videos on your HDTV.
4x Digital Zoom
Zoom in with a 4x digital zoom that brings the action to you. There's even an Auto-Macro mode for incredible close-ups from just four inches away.
|Razor Sharp Stills |
Capture up to 12.8-megapixel stills with impeccable detail for cropping shots or large prints. You can even use the Dual Record feature and simultaneously take pictures while shooting video.
Got shaky hands? SteadyShot image stabilization technology is built in to help reduce blur, making your videos and photos look even better.
ConnectOnce you've caught the magic on your Bloggie, it's time to connect your compatible Mac, PC or HDTV where you can do so much more.
|Built in USB Arm |
No cables needed. Just flip out the built-in USB arm and connect directly to your computer. It charges the camera, too
Share it Later
Tag videos and images on your Bloggie while on the go and mark them for upload to your favorite internet sharing sites the next time the camera is connected to a computer.
|HDMI Out |
Just connect an HDMI mini cable (sold separately) and you can enjoy video from your Bloggie on your compatible HDTV.
ShareWhy keep the fun to yourself? Connect to your world and share your experiences with friends and family.
|Share Privately |
Save the good stuff for your inner circle. Personal Space by Sony gives you free private sharing with friends and family when used with the built-in Bloggie software.
|Share Publicly |
Using the built-in Bloggie software, you can share your videos and photo with a few clicks. The Bloggie makes posting to your favorite social network sites a snap.
PC Magazine AwardAn Editor's Choice
Voted as PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Winner for its excellent video quality, still image shooter, and big touch-enabled LCD, along with a variety of options enough to satisfy users.
Compare all Bloggies
Bloggie 3D Camera
Bloggie Touch Camera
Bloggie Duo Camera
|Key Feature ||3D Video and still image recording capability ||Capacitive touch screen ||Second LCD for Self-recording ||Slim design |
|HD Video ||1920x1080p MP4 ||1920x1080p MP4||1920x1080p MP4||1920x1080p MP4|
|Still Images ||5MP ||12MP ||5MP||5MP|
|HD Record Time ||Up to 4 hours ||Up to 4 hours||Up to 2 hours||Up to 2 hours|
|Recording & Playback on ||2.4-inch LCD Vertical/horizontal ||3.0-inch LCD Vertical/horizontal||2.7-inch LCD Vertical/horizontal||2.7-inch LCD Vertical/horizontal|
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top customer reviews
1. Love the quick on and record. Great for spontaneous videos of the little one.
2. The touch screen interface makes it both useful and fun to use the big screen.
3. The still pictures come out brilliant, when the lighting and focus is good.
4. The battery charges up super fast and stays with you for a whole day of shooting.
5. The image stabilization is good. You can take decent video while walking around and panning too. Note that it is not optical, but electronic SteadyShot stabilization.
6. The lens is very good quality and the pictures are crisp.
7. Really like the "snap picture while recording" feature. I find myself using that feature the most. The video doesn't stall while the picture (full 12M resolution) is being taken and since the focus and exposure are usually locked well while you're in the middle of the video, the pictures come out great.
1. In low lighting, there is quite a bit of graininess and using the digital zoom makes it much worse.
2. While the lens is good quality, the auto-focus mechanism is really very slow. If you move around the camera too much before focus has locked on, the auto-focus will almost never lock.
3. What I really miss with this camera is a flash. Even a tiny one would help with low light pictures.
4. Minor annoyance: to preview a picture right after you take it, you have to go through at least two clicks. Sony could have designed it so that it always goes to the last picture taken by default, instead of the thumbnail list of all pictures/video on the device.
I decided to purchase this camera over a still camera that can do video because:
1. This one is dead simple. One button to turn on, one to take video and one to take stills. This makes it both easy and quick to use.
2. This one can do 1080p video and 720p at 60fps.
3. Its under $200 and is smaller than your phone.
4. Its got internal flash and USB connector - no more SD cards or cables. 8GB is enough to get you through the day before you can come back to your laptop to dump the pictures.
I decided to purchase this camera over other ones in the same category because:
1. Its got a big display and the touch screen is fun to use.
2. Its got a better lens system than the others.
3. Its got (some) image stabilization.
Now the price that is on here is rediculous considering that it sold for about $80 when it was first introduced.
DO NOT BUY THIS CAMERA. It has a great design and function but unless you want a loud clicking over your videos forever, don't buy it. Plus Sony can't even own up to their flaws and will give you know way to fix it. Unbelievable